Youngsters still doing well

Hope you don't mean they'll all end up at Dundee Utd Leiper.

On a more serious note, I'd love to see one or two of the talented youngsters breaking through at the latter stages of the season. Fingers crossed.

:craphead:

Nah the youngsters definitely are looking good.

I've grown up throughout the 9IAR days and never really witnessed a lot of players coming through the youth setup and making a big impact.

Rather than having one or two really good young players it looks as though we have a really good youth team. Some have to make a big impact and I cannot wait for it to happen!

The under 19s still top of the league, four points ahead of their nearest rivals (Celtic) and with a game in hand!

They followed up their 3-0 win over Kilmarnock with a 5-1 thumping of Aberdeen, come on the lads. :rangers:

Game was played a couple of weeks ago Fleck scored twice, Bendiksson, Wilson and Harvey scored they are on a Winter Break now but the future is bright and hopefully we will see the youngsters breaking through into the 1st team soon :rangers:

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Re...1196910,00.html

But will Wattie ever give youth a proper chance?/ 1st time for everything I suppose!!!

I wont hold my breath though!

We all know the answer to that 1 :rolleyes:

The future for Rangers is bright and instead of going for other SPL teams youngsters its time to bring our own through and develop them into the team like Huttton, Smith, Macgregor, Ferguson, Burke, Adam etc but if Walter isnt going to give them a chance get them sent out on loan as reserve football doesnt do them any good they need to experience 1st team level so the likes of Lowing, Smith, Kinniburgh, Shinnie, Emslie, Furman, Efrem, Lennon and Loy should be sent out on loan as they are all the future of the club :rangers:

You couldn't introduce the youth team en masse, it is only proper that only the very best make it ..... the rest will either have to make do with odd appearances & reserve action or else seek games elsewhere.

You couldn't introduce the youth team en masse, it is only proper that only the very best make it ..... the rest will either have to make do with odd appearances & reserve action or else seek games elsewhere.

I know what you mean. I feel that alot of them could make it though, and be rangers class, but will just be pushed to the side.

I hate to sound negative but i really cant see many of these players getting a chance in the first team, knowing us, most will move on in 2 years

apart from fleck, lennon etc.

Lets take the kid Lowing at right back for example. Talented youngster with huge potential. I think he got single runout for McLeish or maybe PLG when we were hard with injuries but under Walt I still think he'll never make it to the first team squad. I think we can maybe say the same about most of the other youth team players.

• Fleck
  • Lennon
  • Furman

.... on the other hand all have enough ability and potential to make is to the first team squad in the near future and I think Walter will be swaying towards that for a change.

The young guns are doing well although the Aberdeen game put them on the same number of games as Celtic. The teams have now played 12 with Gers on 31 points and Celtic on 24 also worth noting that Hibs are only 1 point behind them on 23 points with one game in hand.

So far from the 12 games we have scored 33 goals and conceeded 14. On top of their league form there was also the 12 - 0 mauling they handed out in the youth cup.

The winter break is in place until January 26th when the team travel to Dundee United.

In the second half of the season the boys have a tough run with 7 away games and 3 home games, with 2 away games back to back against Hibs and celtic.

Good luck to the boys for the rest of the season and hope we see they 1st team and u19 championships back home

I think Walter is slightly reluctant to send the best of the youth out on loan, as stupid as that sounds, but IMO mainly due to the even more stupid U21 rule, as he's not wanting to have a couple of diddies sitting on the bench just in case an injury happens and he HAS to throw one of them on.

Saw some of the Welcome Back Walter on Rangers TV last night, and caught the bit about the Youth set up, he feels that over the next couple of seasons there are some of the youngsters who will start getting their chance.

To me this makes perfect sense, as we have a team at the moment, where some of the players will only be around for a couple of more seasons and I can't see us spending big ever again so these youngsters will get their chance. (not all of them as I don't think all of them will be good enough but a good few)

Hopefully the young lads will get a chance in games such as the Scottish cup, or at the end of the season when we have won the league and still have 5 or 6 games to spare! I think it would be good to give them some big game experience, if we have won the league. give a few of them Old firm experience, as a sub for last half hour or whatever.