Will Hutton be here After August 2008?

Ace

He has rejected a move to Spurs & i think that with Man Utd confirming there will be no signings in the Jnuary Window that Hutton will remain untilk the summer.

I was wondering though (& as i can't actually start a poll) how many think that Hutton will still be a Rangers player by the end of the Summer Transfer Window i.e. 31st August 2008.

Personally i tvery much doubnt he will still be wearing the blue of Rangers, i suspect that he will be a ManUre player by then, i reckon it's the only reason he knocked Spurs back ... he or his agent has heard of interest from them and is holding out for a move to old Trafford.

He has rejected a move to Spurs & i think that with Man Utd confirming there will be no signings in the Jnuary Window that Hutton will remain untilk the summer.

I was wondering though (& as i can't actually start a poll) how many think that Hutton will still be a Rangers player by the end of the Summer Transfer Window i.e. 31st August 2008.

Personally i tvery much doubnt he will still be wearing the blue of Rangers, i suspect that he will be a ManUre player by then, i reckon it's the only reason he knocked Spurs back ... he or his agent has heard of interest from them and is holding out for a move to old Trafford.

I'll worry about that when we are champions

100% yes.

hes a lifer.

we have gotten used to foreigners cashing in after a good season, but remember we can keep the odd god player.

super ally, goram, gough - its just been a while since we had one.

Its something that while it would be hard to take at the time, we'd recover after a period of time, Walter looked after many a player during his first spell and when we thought we had a player who couldn't be replaced, he would replce them nonetheless.

Woods + Goram

Butcher + Gough

Walters + Miko

Mojo + Hateley

I realise there are many factors with these players about staff already there, taking over when things are going great etc, but Walter still had to manage these teams when the going was tough (or not as smooth depending on your recollection of the times)

Not beyond reason that Hutts will stay for another few years

I reckon he's made it clear that unless we're talking an Arsenal, Chelsea or Man U then it's not for him.

The boy has done the right thing by Rangers and should be applauded.

He stays, we win the league, he goes for say 10m plus he helped us add another 10m via CL qualification

Rangers build like never before and everyone is happy.

This is what Murray Park was designed for !

i think he could still be here then. I cant see him leaving in the jan window now so if he does go it will be the summer. Hes only 23 and has plenty of time to try out the EPL. He could stay here another 5 years and still go to the EPL and play for years. The only thing i hope is, that if he goes in the summer he goes asap so we have time to get other players in. Getting £9m for him with 10mins of the window left doesnt mean much in terms of strengthening our squad.

Nah, I think he'll be away in the summer. MAn U turned down an offer for Wes Brown yesterday which you could assume means that they are keeping him for the RB slot. Also Hutton is cup tied for the CL.

So I think they know and he know's that there will be an offer in the summer and he is holding out for that. Hopefully it also means that he will have more games and silverware under his belt and will therefor be worth a bit more too.

Maybe I am a cynic but this may have been the scenario;

Spurs agreed terms with Rangers through Levy and Bain. Hutton told that he was going to Spurs, says he doesn't want to go to Spurs and if he leaves he wants to go to a winning team. Told it is a done deal between Levy and Murray.

Goes to Smith who says it is nothing to do with him and if he feels so strongly to speak to Bain or Murray. He speaks to Murray who tells him he has to go to Spurs because of money and shares. He still says he doesn't want to leave when we have a good chance of success this year. Murray contacts Levy who agrees to hold off the move until the summer but that it will still go through or Spurs have first option or a percentage of any other transfer deal regarding Hutton.

Does this seem likely?

Now there's a man who doesn't trust El Sunbed Kid on SDM !

In all honesty, anyone would have accepted an offer of 9m. In today's climate you just can't say no to that.

Hutton, Smith and SDM know a bid will arrive in Aug. Sir Awex has probably already told the boy as much.

Smith will already be spending the cash in his head!