Are Spurs a bigger team than Rangers ?

Bluepeter9

Guest Nigel Grover
We are getting a new 70,000 seater mate, we have an outstanding fanbase, and it goes far beyond Scotland. The owner and main man on this site is from Canada. Die hard rangers man.

We simply have a bigger history and therefore, are the bigger club.

Most trophies of any team on the planet. I doubt you have a tenth of the amount of trophys we've won.

Look mate as you so kindly put! you play in Scotland in a Scottish League that contains only 2 high profile teams that if they entered the EPL would finish in Mid Table for at least the first few years, I know that hurts but its true!!

Yes you may have won more Scottish Trophies than us but we have more English Trophies than you! but think about it use your head and not your heart!!!

As i said before if you want the recognition that you thoroughly deserve as a top and well su[orted team then you need to compete at the highest level for that you must join the EPL and play against the best day in and day out, this is why your best players and that includes Hutton want to test thereselves and become more of a complete player.

I am not having a dig at Rangers!! i am just being honest in my opinion.

Any Rangers supporters agree with me? or am i a derranged THFC supporter who has no idea of the beautiful game?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are getting a new 70,000 seater mate, we have an outstanding fanbase, and it goes far beyond Scotland. The owner and main man on this site is from Canada. Die hard rangers man.

Most trophies of any team on the planet. I doubt you have a tenth of the amount of trophys we've won.

Look mate as you so kindly put! you play in Scotland in a Scottish League that contains only 2 high profile teams that if they entered the EPL would finish in Mid Table for at least the first few years, I know that hurts but its true!!

Yes you may have won more Scottish Trophies than us but we have more English Trophies than you! but think about it use your head and not your heart!!!

As i said before if you want the recognition that you thoroughly deserve as a top and well su[orted team then you need to compete at the highest level for that you must join the EPL and play against the best day in and day out, this is why your best players and that includes Hutton want to test thereselves and become more of a complete player.

Any Rangers supporters agree with me? or am i a derranged THFC supporter who has no idea of the beautiful game?

I take your points.

Were the Old Firm to join the EPL and be given the same financial package as your clubs enjoy...given our history and status in world football, how long do you think it would take for both Rangers and Celtic to attract the calibre of player to build a team capable of competing for the Championship?

Not long at all I would imagine.

The biggest draw of the EPL is money...I would love to say its the football but hand on heart its the cash, thats why there is the stepping-stone culture in Scotland - continental players arrive at Ibrox, play in a 5 star UEFA rated stadium, train in a world class complex in Auchenhowie and chase the money move to England. Do you honestly think they would ever consider leaving that if the money and the standard of opposition were on a par?

Spurs are a big club, they are famous world-wide, but they are nowhere near the size of either the Old Firm on any level. The same can be said for every EPL club outside the top 4 - even then its only opinion.

Dont kid yourself my friend, Hutton and the like would not join Spurs or Middlesborough or Fulham(?!) to "test themselves against the very best day in day out" they go to these teams because Sky money guarantees they can treble their wages. Whether you accept that or not is up to you and I wish Spurs every success in the future - but I realistically can only see mid-table mediocrity for your Club. A cup win here and there is the best you can ever hope for.

All the best bud.

Spurs are only bigger financially due to the TV revenue, that is that, go anywhere in the world and ask people how well they know Spurs the majority will probably say who. Ask them about Rangers and if they're not foreign unwashed they'll probably say that brilliant team from Scotland.

Absolute bullshit mate.

Sorry, Tottenham are a very famous club the World over. We aint

Rangers are a bigger club than Spurs.

Rangers are bigger than every other side in Scotland bar Celtic

Rangers are bigger than celtc!

Celtic are bigger globaly than rangers by miles. I hate saying that but its a fact.

Spurs are only bigger financially due to the TV revenue, that is that, go anywhere in the world and ask people how well they know Spurs the majority will probably say who. Ask them about Rangers and if they're not foreign unwashed they'll probably say that brilliant team from Scotland.

Absolute bullshit mate.

Spurs may be world-famous, but to suggest we are not is ridiculous - it doesnt even merit explanation as to why you are so wrong, I would be here all day.

The biggest teams in the world are.

1. Real madrid by a country mile.

2. AC Milan

3. Man U

4. Barca

5. Juve

6. Bayern Munch

7. Liverpool

8. Arsenal

9. Chelsea

10. Celtic

We are prbably about 20th at best

Absolute bullshit mate.

Spurs may be world-famous, but to suggest we are not is ridiculous - it doesnt even merit explanation as to why you are so wrong, I would be here all day.

mate i have been working all over the World constantly since 1991 so am more than qualified to talk about this. I have always struggled to find Rangers games live, you can find them sometimes, but compare that to the EPL, Spanish, French, German and Italin leagues which you can pick and choose what game you watch. I have 2 satelitte systems in my flat in Thailnd and only once a month (if i'm lucky) i get a Rangers game, but i do always getthe OF game.

I was in Thiland for 6 month of the last year and could'nt find a Rangers replica shirt anywhere, and i mean the snide ones, yet EVERY team of the leagues i mentioned above you can get easily. I always go to the same girl for my clothes over there and she tried her arse off for 4 months to get me one but in the end gave up because, and i quote" can't sell them"

Guest Nigel grover

I take your points.

Were the Old Firm to join the EPL and be given the same financial package as your clubs enjoy...given our history and status in world football, how long do you think it would take for both Rangers and Celtic to attract the calibre of player to build a team capable of competing for the Championship?

Not long at all I would imagine.

The biggest draw of the EPL is money...I would love to say its the football but hand on heart its the cash, thats why there is the stepping-stone culture in Scotland - continental players arrive at Ibrox, play in a 5 star UEFA rated stadium, train in a world class complex in Auchenhowie and chase the money move to England. Do you honestly think they would ever consider leaving that if the money and the standard of opposition were on a par?

Spurs are a big club, they are famous world-wide, but they are nowhere near the size of either the Old Firm on any level. The same can be said for every EPL club outside the top 4 - even then its only opinion.

Dont kid yourself my friend, Hutton and the like would not join Spurs or Middlesborough or Fulham(?!) to "test themselves against the very best day in day out" they go to these teams because Sky money guarantees they can treble their wages. Whether you accept that or not is up to you and I wish Spurs every success in the future - but I realistically can only see mid-table mediocrity for your Club. A cup win here and there is the best you can ever hope for.

All the best bud.

I take your points as well! but just remember that in EPL you may have the top 4 for now, but it can change and will change! they are only the top 4 because at this present moment that is where they are finishing and have been for the last ten years but it will change other teams will come through and Spurs are one of them.

I went on Google yesterday to try and source a Carling Cup Final Ticket, the guy on the other end of the phone quoted me £425 for a Spurs seat at Wembley and £295 for a Chelsea seat, same seat but at different ends of the ground, I asked why is there such a difference in the price? he came back and said they can afford to charge more for the Spurs seats as they have a far bigger and wider fan base than Chelsea and us idiots will pay it!!

I hope you win the SPL and Cup and beat either ManU, Arsenal and Liverpool on your way to the Champions League, but watch this space, THFC play the game the right way, open attacking football with a manager now in place who knows what its like to win things at the highest level, Rangers are more British than any other team in the UK!!

Good Luck and "GOD SAVE THE QUEEN"

Cheers Pal.

Absolute bullshit mate.

mate i have been working all over the World constantly since 1991 so am more than qualified to talk about this. I have always struggled to find Rangers games live, you can find them sometimes, but compare that to the EPL, Spanish, French, German and Italin leagues which you can pick and choose what game you watch. I have 2 satelitte systems in my flat in Thailnd and only once a month (if i'm lucky) i get a Rangers game, but i do always getthe OF game.

I was in Thiland for 6 month of the last year and could'nt find a Rangers replica shirt anywhere, and i mean the snide ones, yet EVERY team of the leagues i mentioned above you can get easily. I always go to the same girl for my clothes over there and she tried her arse off for 4 months to get me one but in the end gave up because, and i quote" can't sell them"

I too have worked all over the world mate...and still do.

None of that means that Rangers are not world famous tho, which is what you intimated. Just because you had problems seeing Rangers games abroad doesnt mean we're not famous it means the game is not financially viable enough for the particular network to air - proof is when the OF games are on, its not because Celtic are more famous it is because its one of the biggest Club games in the world.

I have found Rangers games all over the world, (especially now with the internet) but previously Dubai, Belize, Somalia, Balkans, France, the USA and last year Afghanistan! To name but a few.

The fact that we dont tap into these markets is the fault of Rangers, not their world-wide fanbase.

Im currently a serving member of the Forces and as such I come into contact with the other country military personnel on a regular basis. One thing I always do is have a couple of older Rangers tops with me to swap... I may not always know the language but I always swap the tops because they know who we are - they have hears of Rangers.

That was my point.

We ARE world famous.

None of that means that Rangers are not world famous tho, which is what you intimated. Just because you had problems seeing Rangers games abroad doesnt mean we're not famous it means the game is not financially viable enough for the particular network to air - proof is when the OF games are on, its not because Celtic are more famous it is because its one of the biggest Club games in the world.

I have found Rangers games all over the world, (especially now with the internet) but previously Dubai, Belize, Somalia, Balkans, France, the USA and last year Afghanistan! To name but a few.

The fact that we dont tap into these markets is the fault of Rangers, not their world-wide fanbase.

Im currently a serving member of the Forces and as such I come into contact with the other country military personnel on a regular basis. One thing I always do is have a couple of older Rangers tops with me to swap... I may not always know the language but I always swap the tops because they know who we are - they have hears of Rangers.

That was my point.

We ARE world famous.

yes we are world famous but not to the extent that we are on the lips of loads of people when they talk about football. Thats my point that i should have expressed better. My Fault. i am ex forces too mate and BFPS dont count ;) as they show the OF game ever time.

People need to take blue tinted glasses off that what i am saying. :rangers:

That was my point.

We ARE world famous.

yes we are world famous but not to the extent that we are on the lips of loads of people when they talk about football. Thats my point that i should have expressed better. My Fault. i am ex forces too mate and BFPS dont count ;) as they show the OF game ever time.

(tu)

That was my point.

We ARE world famous.

(tu)

For me to be a "big club" you need to have history and kept that history flowing. The toughy for us as Bears is the fact we have failed in Europe, ok we won the CWC but it don't even exist any more. We all know what the pond life have done and lets be honest it's a very sore one to take.

But we do have influence as i bet most forgot that it was RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB and SDM that were the brains behind the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.

Some might say that that is a bad thining though :unsure:

If that's what makes you a big club SPurs definitely isn't one.

They win FA...

Oh and btw, biggest fanbase in London ? The best team for neutrals to pick when choosing a team ? <_<

I know you just beat them 5-1, but the Arse are bigger than you lot in both those aspects.

Spurs have been sleeping giants for the last few decades.

If that's what makes you a big club SPurs definitely isn't one.

They win FA...

Oh and btw, biggest fanbase in London ? The best team for neutrals to pick when choosing a team ? <_<

I know you just beat them 5-1, but the Arse are bigger than you lot in both those aspects.

Spurs have been sleeping giants for the last few decades.

So they have won f*ck all then??

Guest Mitchell

Every year, Britain's dedicated fans travel billions of miles, spend thousands of pounds and endure relationship breakdowns in pursuit of their favourite sports, film stars, musicians, authors, comedians and even politicians.

Most loyal fans spend hours toiling up and down motorways and queuing for tickets. However, the more extreme enthusiasts addicted to the likes of Chelsea FC, Robbie Williams and comedian Jack Dee have broken into hotel rooms, had special tattoos or even moved home to be closer to their heroes.

Research out today reveals which sports teams, musicians, authors, celebrities, stage performers and politicians have the biggest legions of fans in the country. Manchester United followers top the league, followed by Robbie Williams and Liverpool FC.

1. Manchester United

2. Robbie Williams

3. Liverpool Football Club

4. Arsenal

5. JK Rowling

6. U2

7. Take That

8. Tottenham Hotspur

9. Stephen King

10. Killers

11. John Grisham

12. Aston Villa

13. Guns N' Roses

14. Green Day

15. Roger Federer

16. Chelsea Football Club

17. Billy Connolly

18. Arctic Monkeys

19. John Le Carre

20. Bolton Wanderers

Every year, Britain's dedicated fans travel billions of miles, spend thousands of pounds and endure relationship breakdowns in pursuit of their favourite sports, film stars, musicians, authors, comedians and even politicians.

Most loyal fans spend hours toiling up and down motorways and queuing for tickets. However, the more extreme enthusiasts addicted to the likes of Chelsea FC, Robbie Williams and comedian Jack Dee have broken into hotel rooms, had special tattoos or even moved home to be closer to their heroes.

Research out today reveals which sports teams, musicians, authors, celebrities, stage performers and politicians have the biggest legions of fans in the country. Manchester United followers top the league, followed by Robbie Williams and Liverpool FC.

1. Manchester United

2. Robbie Williams

4. Arsenal

5. JK Rowling

6. U2

7. Take That

8. Tottenham Hotspur

9. Stephen King

10. Killers

11. John Grisham

12. Aston Villa

13. Guns N' Roses

14. Green Day

15. Roger Federer

17. Billy Connolly

18. Arctic Monkeys

19. John Le Carre

20. Bolton Wanderers

1. Manchester United

2. Robbie Williams

4. Arsenal

5. JK Rowling

6. U2

7. Take That

8. Tottenham Hotspur

9. Stephen King

10. Killers

11. John Grisham

12. Aston Villa

13. Guns N' Roses

14. Green Day

15. Roger Federer

17. Billy Connolly

18. Arctic Monkeys

19. John Le Carre

20. Bolton Wanderers

Your telling me Bolton Wanderers have more followers than rangers?

I think your looking at ENGLAND there mate, RANGERS fans would trump Bolton Wanderers in size.

Thing is people know rangers, and celtic becaue of the OLD FIRM derbys, in foreign countries i have seen and heard more of Rangers/Celtic than i have of Tottenham Hotspur!

Your only full of the wealth you have because of sponsors from being in the EPL. If rangers had that sort of sponsorship and endorsements christ knows how much money we would have, but alot more than we do now.

You sign loads of foreigners to play for your teams, we use alot of scottish players as our base and fit others around it.

We are a scottish/british team loud and proud, and arent afraid to show it.

PS you mention taking on the best in the EPL every week :lol: unless your playing one of the big 4, i think your dreaming...

Oh and dont forget we get to take on the best in the world, ya know...BARCELONA..INTER MILAN that sort...i forget the last time Spurs were in the CL and played this sort of team and beat/drew with them.

1. Manchester United

2. Robbie Williams

4. Arsenal

5. JK Rowling

6. U2

7. Take That

8. Tottenham Hotspur

9. Stephen King

10. Killers

11. John Grisham

12. Aston Villa

13. Guns N' Roses

14. Green Day

15. Roger Federer

17. Billy Connolly

18. Arctic Monkeys

19. John Le Carre

20. Bolton Wanderers

Where is the source of this survey?

(tu)

Also Spurs are nothing but crap,they just win first victory against Arsenal for last 9 years ! LMAO...Yes,they can use more money than Rangers but that won`t make them bigger team than us.They`re just team in the middle of EPL and nothing more than that.

the size of a club for me can only be judged on fan base and fan base alone, if we were to judge by finances and calibre of player a team is able to attract well im then afraid that would mean middlesboro and bolton are bigger then us! rangers are bigger then spurs, where ever you go in the world you see/meet rangers fans, spurs fans however dont exsist anywhere north of milton keynes. Spurs are a big club no doubt about it but rangers are MASSIVE! Ive seen on some threads people mentioning newcastle,sunderland,everton in the same breath as rangers which is ridiculous!

biggest clubs in Britain

1.utd

2.liverpool

3.celtic(only cos they dont use rubbers)

4.ranges

5.arsenal

the world

1.utd 375 million fans worldwide!!! (read that in the sun so it must be true)

2.real

3.barca

4.juventus (68% of all itallian football fans support them!!)

5.boca jnrs

I think SDM building a new stadium and giving the surrounding area of Ibrox a complete face lift signals the attention of our massive club, 2nd largest stadium in Britain for one thing only and that is season after season of Champions league football. That is how we make our big cash and with are a bigger stadium = more gate reciepts. Spurs no matter how hard they try will not get regular Champions league football, they may break the top 4 but Everton didnt get to the group stages when they did, did they?

Rangers are a massive club!!!

Rangers (and for that matter Celtic) are FAR bigger than Spurs.

In British football terms id say the top 4 would be Man Utd, Liverpool, Rangers and Celtic possiblyin that order wit us and Celtic realistically pretty much the same.....

But in world terms.....come on.... people are saying Man Utd are the biggest in world football based on supporters but surely when determining a BIG club the histroy, the achievements etc have to come into it.....and although Man Utd can boost an impressive history then are not a patch on the worlds biggest football club.......Real Madrid.

People say the EPL is the best league in the world....??? No way, Sky would love us all too think that, but great leagues are made up of truly great players......and the greatest from the last ten years or so, none of them EVER played in England.

A quick look at The FIFA World Player of The Year award proves this...no winner has EVER played in England

2007 Kaká Brazil

2006 Fabio Cannavaro

2005 Ronaldinho

2004 Ronaldinho

2003 Zinedine Zidane

2002 Ronaldo

2001 Luis Figo

2000 Zinedine Zidane

1999 Rivaldo

1998 Zinedine Zidane

1997 Ronaldo

1996 Ronaldo

1995 George Weah

1994 Romario

1993 Roberto Baggio

1992 Marco Van Basten

1991 Lothar Matthaus

Anyway thats a bit off topic, in world terms id say Rangers were def top 10/15 clubs in the world...all things considered. Spurs wouldnt make my top 40 clubs list!!