the official East Stirling game is OFF thread

Coopermania

We should never have postponed all those games now! :rolleyes:

No we shouldn't have cancelled the games, but hindsight is a wonderful thing!

I don't care, I didn't think at the time that those games should have been cancelled at the time. Now looks whats happened 2 league (possibably 3 on Wed) & 1 cup, it's stupid!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You've got to wonder what nick the pitch is in at Fir Park and if the game against Gretna on Wednesday will actually go ahead?

it doesnt look promising britishempirexi. By the way, welcome to RM, I hope you like what you see. :beer2:

Thanks! I do indeed, it's a slick operation!

we are oiled with beer :beer1::)

any questions about anything PM one of us and we will always help out (tu)

Does this mean the Gretna game will be cancelled for the East Stirling game with the Old-firm game going ahead as planned?

I hope not that should be played on Wednesday as normally unless more bad weather halts that game too!

Does this mean the Gretna game will be cancelled for the East Stirling game with the Old-firm game going ahead as planned?

dont think they can do that under th rules

as the 23rd was set aside for cup replays then that should be the date of the cup match with the old firm game being moved to the next availible date which i think is march sometime

as the 23rd was set aside for cup replays then that should be the date of the cup match with the old firm game being moved to the next availible date which i think is march sometime

But it isn't a Cup replay it is a postponment and they are being played on the 15th are they not?

23rd- Replays

15th - Postponements

But it isn't a Cup replay it is a postponment and they are being played on the 15th are they not?

23rd- Replays

15th - Postponements

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news.cfm?newsid=3521

someone posted this in another thread

23rd- Replays

15th - Postponements

good point but on that its not gonna go down well with setanta as theyre gettin messed about too much as it is

will bell my mate he works for setantasports

This is fast becoming a joke. These postponed games are mounting up. If we're building another Ibrox then the first thing we better do is build a fucking roof. I can't understand how the games like the one against Aberdeen a while back go ahead and others are called off.

This is fast becoming a joke. These postponed games are mounting up. If we're building another Ibrox then the first thing we better do is build a fucking roof. I can't understand how the games like the one against Aberdeen a while back go ahead and others are called off.

It confuses me as well. We should be able to protect the pitch against heavy downpours. Its not asking a lot.

I don't care, I didn't think at the time that those games should have been cancelled at the time. Now looks whats happened 2 league (possibably 3 on Wed) & 1 cup, it's stupid!

I'm not having a go at you MC, I didnt think the games should have been postponned either, especially the Gretna game as our reserves/ fringe players should be able to do the job. What I was saying was with hindsight, Rangers probably wouldn't have asked for the Gretna game in particular to be called off if they knew what the weather and all the rest would be like in January.

I'm not having a go at you MC, I didnt think the games should have been postponned either, especially the Gretna game as our reserves/ fringe players should be able to do the job. What I was saying was with hindsight, Rangers probably wouldn't have asked for the Gretna game in particular to be called off if they knew what the weather and all the rest would be like in January.

I didn't think you were. :) I was just saying both game that were cancelled brought nothing from it and now look whats happening, Rangers seem to be there own worst enemies!

It confuses me as well. We should be able to protect the pitch against heavy downpours. Its not asking a lot.

You would imagine that Scotland should lead the world in protecting football pitches from rain ... the Dutch have their dykes and we have our rain covers

coop the undersoil heating was on for the heavy frost on sat morn which creates condensation so they dont use blankets after that so thats why the pitch is flooded i asked if theyd let me in to take a photo to post but they wouldnt

You would imagine that Scotland should lead the world in protecting football pitches from rain ... the Dutch have their dykes and we have our rain covers

See, I'm sure a few years ago we invested in rain covers for the pitch at a cost of a couple of hundred thousand.

Where did they go? Did we loan them out to someone else and not get them back - cause I hate it when that happens.

I wasn't totally surprised tbh, slightly relieved tbh.

It was a dreich day and as my 'lift 'doesn't go to Cup games, I wasn't getting a lift to or from the game back home. The game being cancelled means that I don't need to stand in the pishing rain and in the cold waiting for the subway post-match. It also means that I can avoid the dilemma of leaving the game early or not as my Dad may I have asked this of me with trains etc being 'sunday service'.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't wake up wishing the game to be cancelled or go to bed thinking it but the fact that it has hasn't left me that annoyed at all and I may also have scope do 1 or 2 things today I wouldn't have been able to do had I been at the match.

The most annoying thing is the movement of the Old Firm game than anything else and I'm slightly sad for the youth and the fringe players would would have been looking forward to the game but that is all tbh.

I wasn't totally surprised tbh, slightly relieved tbh.

It was a dreich day and as my 'lift 'doesn't go to Cup games, I wasn't getting a lift to or from the game back home. The game being cancelled means that I don't need to stand in the pishing rain and in the cold waiting for the subway post-match. It also means that I can avoid the dilemma of leaving the game early or not as my Dad may I have asked this of me with trains etc being 'sunday service'.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't wake up wishing the game to be cancelled or go to bed thinking it but the fact that it has hasn't left me that annoyed at all and I may also have scope do 1 or 2 things today I wouldn't have been able to do had I been at the match.

The most annoying thing is the movement of the Old Firm game than anything else and I'm slightly sad for the youth and the fringe players would would have been looking forward to the game but that is all tbh.

No offence to folk who are annoyed, just my thoughts!

We were in the car, but at least we only got 10 miles before we heard it was off. 1st time in 3 months I've been able to go to a game! :rant:

Gonna get pissed now.

F@ck it.

You are lucky I made it Uddingston on Tuesday and I also got soaked for my troubles!

At this rate of call offs/postponements, this season will run straight through the summer and into the next. A big disappointment, especially for Bears attending the match, but no choice but to live with it. As for the timmy response - the less said about it and them, the better.

I'm not really mad or pissed aff.

I meen this is out of our hands unless there is a roof on Ibrox then we cant really stop nature.

In a way im glad beacuase now I wont get the mick for missing the match..

I have to be at fitbaw trainin ladds..

W.A.T.P.

Devon J