Is This Ultimately Not What We Wanted?

BlueSuedeSambas

In the years since Murray Park opened we have all said that we eventually hoped to have an acadamy where we could bring through our own young players who would then move on for big money, thus securing the financial future of the club as well as given us a huge windfall to re invest in the side?

Now I'm gutted that Hutton is leaving. Realistically I thought he would stay until the end of the season so he could go out on a high, but in his defence it took a life changing amount of money to turn his head as well as a good and hard boot in the arse by SDM's cronies and yes men.

However if teams like Ajax and Lyon, who often lose their outstanding talents for big cash, can recover while still mainating and building on their sides I see no reason why we can't too.

It will frustarte us no end, but hopefully Hutton's big money move is the first of many.

Good luck Alan, all the best and always remember that we are the people

:rangers:

In the years since Murray Park opened we have all said that we eventually hoped to have an acadamy where we could bring through our own young players who would then move on for big money, thus securing the financial future of the club as well as given us a huge windfall to re invest in the side?

Now I'm gutted that Hutton is leaving. Realistically I thought he would stay until the end of the season so he could go out on a high, but in his defence it took a life changing amount of money to turn his head as well as a good and hard boot in the arse by SDM's cronies and yes men.

However if teams like Ajax and Lyon, who often lose their outstanding talents for big cash, can recover while still mainating and building on their sides I see no reason why we can't too.

It will frustarte us no end, but hopefully Hutton's big money move is the first of many.

I've stated just as much the same DBBTB in another thread, it's maybe because this is the first high profile example of it happening that feelings are a bit raw. Then again I don't think there are fans out there who will ever get around to that way of thinking, they want the young guys to play forever for our club and to be honest thats all fair in an ideal world and one I'd fully support in said world, however money is in scarce supply up here so there are times when we'll need to bite the inside of our cheek and just wish our best to the outgoing player.

Players will always come and go, :rangers: are here forever!

But then summer comes round and we've won the league, we'd be saying why go now, we have a title to defend!

Believing what you will, he's either been pushed out the door(but if that were the case do you honestly see SDM & Bain making Hutton see out the year in the reserves?) or he has wanted to go (then it would be Alans fault for dithering) The player held the aces here not the big chiefs

What I'm trying to say is that it's never a good time to sell a good player, but like DBBTB has stated, that was what part of the facility was built for and we may see a bit more of our good youngsters leaving if they perform, not nice but thats the end of the scale we are working at for the forseeable future.

Nearl well said .. only disagree about the SDM statement - spurs courted our man - and harder than we did to make him stay. I wish him well. We recovered from losing Van Bronkhurst for £8.5M, Arteta for £6M, Boumsong for £8M ... we will overcome and lets face it - 12 months ago many fans were punting AH for £900k and saying that was a good deal!