***The Alan Hutton Thread***

gemzgers

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else think spurs will be getting concerned about huttons passion to play for spurs.

He has knocked them back twice, and clearly wants to stay. However he is being forced out and spurs know that. Do you think it puts them off Hutton a bit the fact that the only reason he will sign for them is because he was forced to?

Does anyone else think spurs will be getting concerned about huttons passion to play for spurs.

He has knocked them back twice, and clearly wants to stay. However he is being forced out and spurs know that. Do you think it puts them off Hutton a bit the fact that the only reason he will sign for them is because he was forced to?

No if anything they will be mightily impressed with his desire to knock back treble his wages to stay at the team he loves.

You can't buy talented players with attitudes like that, oh wait, you can :mad:

What annoys me is basically that it is spurs. Fair enough they are a big team in england but there are so many other bigger teams than them. Rangers have a bigger fan base, stadium and are virtually guaranteed champions league football each year. Quite simply we are a bigger club.

yes we are a bigger team etc, but we can't suddenly offer Hutton £30,000 a week to stay, at the end of the day it will be up to Hutton whether he turns them down again or not, it will have nothing to do with the club.

Anyone being offered that amount of money would be foolish not to consider their options, it might be that on his return he'll discuss it with his other half and get her feelings and thoughts on the matter, it might be that he wasn't that impressed with the set up and decides to stay. At the end of the day the decision is his to make, and I'm sure he'll think long and hard about it, that to me is intelligent thinking he must have asked for time and as it is such a big decision to make he has every right to do this.

I would prefer it, if he were to stay as I know we are a much better club but everyone has their price.

KK has just announced that Newcastle will not be signing chimbonda. Just thought this might be relevant to the Hutton transfer.

I don't think it will have anything to do with it, Spurs were after Hutton even before they had any possible suitors for Chimbonda, he just isn't in the bosses plans.

Guest therabbitt

I dont see why we cant match the wages on offer - is Hutton not as important to the side as Ferguson? Thats who he'd be needing to square off in wages with. This could act as an incentive to all the other young players at the club, the fact that if you play well it will be recognised and the club will make it possible for you to stay here as the club matches the players ambitions. I would love McGregor, Burke and Thomson to become as integral and influential as Hutton - that'd be one hell of a team!

Even if they offered him something i mean if the story is true about that donkey Samaras getting 23k a week what a joke.

Someone at Rangers want's the cash and is putting pressure on him to leave, otherwise he would have been long gone by now.

What thoroughly lousy, typical-of-a-Monday news, if it proves true. How the Great Unwashed will delight in hearing it if Alan leaves. :angry2:

I disagree. I thinkthe will moan about the fact we are getting £8 - £9 million for him plus add ons

What thoroughly lousy, typical-of-a-Monday news, if it proves true. How the Great Unwashed will delight in hearing it if Alan leaves. :angry2:

Talking about the great unwashed. The same ones today who have been saying Hutton i shit and vastly overrated were celebrating the news that he was away.

They must be laughing at us, we are ahead of them in the title race then we go and sell one of the best, if not the best player in our team. The only people who can stop us winning this league are ourselves.

I don't want to see Hutton go, but for that money we have to be realistic and take the cash - particularly as we have Whittaker. Even if Hutton stays, I still think we could do with another left-back, just not enough cover at the moment.

spurs have chimbonda who i think is a good player why do they need hutton unless chimbonda +2m comes are way that wouldnt be to bad

I think Chimbonda is being sold for 12 million though mate

I don't want to see Hutton go, but for that money we have to be realistic and take the cash - particularly as we have Whittaker. Even if Hutton stays, I still think we could do with another left-back, just not enough cover at the moment.

Welcome to the forum (tu)

spurs have chimbonda who i think is a good player why do they need hutton unless chimbonda +2m comes are way that wouldnt be to bad

Hey guys. I know it said this forum was 'just for Rangers fans!', but I've considered Rangers my second team for the last 3 years, so I hope I count.

As you can guess from my name, I'm a Tottenham fan first and foremost, and I can tell you that Chimbonda is vastly overrated. He was signed by Comolli (our Sporting Director) for £4.5m, and Jol felt obliged to play him. Juande Ramos has come in, and seems to have more power over his choice of players. Although he's played a lot (Chimbonda), Ramos is clearly not a fan, and we've been linked with the likes of Hutton, Miguel and even Daniel Alves over the past month.

What I can confirm is that you won't want Chimbonda! He's technically poor, is below average in the air (although he has an amazing leap on him), and he's actually not that great going forward. Apart from his aerial ability, I'd say Hutton was better in every sense.

I think Chimbonda is being sold for 12 million though mate

Apparently off should we sign Hutton (which a lot of Tottenham ITKs (In The Knows) have been saying all month. £7m is the fee mooted though, which is a great bit of business for one the Premier League's most overrated players.