***The Alan Hutton Thread***

gemzgers

you dont have to spend the cash if you PRODUCE the players ! is that not what the whole Murray Park saga was for ? If you buy Cousin for £1m, he does well and have the prospect of selling him for £4m ? Good business. If you buy Cuellar for £2m, he is playing great, decides to go to England after 1st season and you get £10m for him, great business. You bring young Scottish talent through that has cost you effectively nothing but wages since they started and sell them to the 1st Premiership team who show interest cause they have daft money to spend ? Poor ambition and the directors are cash hungry.

The whole idea of Murray Park was produce young players so they wouldnt need to scour the transfer market and spend crazy money anymore. Now a player comes through and they are sold within half a season of them playing at their peak.

Tell me that is good business ? I dont see it as good business. I see it as going backwards and accepting the dregs of the Premiership to replace these guys.

Its not like selling Boumsong and signing guys who were intsrumental in winning the league for us i.e. Ferguson, Kyrgiakos, Buffel, Andrews, Wattereus etc. That was good business ! Compare to Hutton deal, poor business.

I'm not condeming Hutton for it, but the deal would have been good business for us had he not dug his heels in. Walter would have had weeks as opposed to days to spend the money and then yes we could have seen signings who could have proven to be instrumental in us winning the league this season.

However I would be happy enough if players from Murray Park came through and were sold on for millions as it gives the manager a bigger windfall to reinvest in the side, as well as helping the club to a secure a safe financial position.

Ultimately no player is bigger than this club and in the current market, any 9 million offer comes in for any of our players is probably going to be accepted.

This strategy might not be popular, but if it's ok for teams like Ajax, Lyon and to a certain extent Arsenal then it's good enough for us (tu)

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you dont have to spend the cash if you PRODUCE the players ! is that not what the whole Murray Park saga was for ? If you buy Cousin for £1m, he does well and have the prospect of selling him for £4m ? Good business. If you buy Cuellar for £2m, he is playing great, decides to go to England after 1st season and you get £10m for him, great business. You bring young Scottish talent through that has cost you effectively nothing but wages since they started and sell them to the 1st Premiership team who show interest cause they have daft money to spend ? Poor ambition and the directors are cash hungry.

The whole idea of Murray Park was produce young players so they wouldnt need to scour the transfer market and spend crazy money anymore. Now a player comes through and they are sold within half a season of them playing at their peak.

Tell me that is good business ? I dont see it as good business. I see it as going backwards and accepting the dregs of the Premiership to replace these guys.

Its not like selling Boumsong and signing guys who were intsrumental in winning the league for us i.e. Ferguson, Kyrgiakos, Buffel, Andrews, Wattereus etc. That was good business ! Compare to Hutton deal, poor business.

I'm not condeming Hutton for it, but the deal would have been good business for us had he not dug his heels in. Walter would have had weeks as opposed to days to spend the money and then yes we could have seen signings who could have proven to be instrumental in us winning the league this season.

However I would be happy enough if players from Murray Park came through and were sold on for millions as it gives the manager a bigger windfall to reinvest in the side, as well as helping the club to a secure a safe financial position.

Ultimately no player is bigger than this club and in the current market, any 9 million offer comes in for any of our players is probably going to be accepted.

This strategy might not be popular, but if it's ok for teams like Ajax, Lyon and to a certain extent Arsenal then it's good enough for us (tu)

Hutton had to go at that price - it was GREAT business. WS though said he had money regardless but had been rebuffed three times in trying to get the players he wanted. So I do not think it was totally the timing of Hutton's decision, but that and the DC mess did not help. Generally though DBBTB has it right. What is good for Ajax etc. is certainly good for us.

The buys we did make look decent for what they are and in Davis we will really be better if he recaptures his old form at AV.

Those pictures do nothing to convince me that he is actually happy to be there.

His eyes look distant and the smile looks very forced.

It gets worse IMO (td)

http://media.putfile.com/Allan-Hutton-Interview-Jan-31-2008

good link Craigy, thank you man (tu)

Personally, I wish Hutton all the best. Its done now and I have no doubt he will do well.

both Tottenham January new signing Woodgate and Gilberto showed their new shirt on Tottenham official website.Big picture,and nice looking.

but Hutton not.There was only a picture of him played in Scottish shirt.

thought this was his intention and the last thing he did for gers.

If he did show the new shirt on a big picture,like Woodgate and Gilberto did,everyone here could be more sick.

that is something called loyalty which everyone should see.

There is only one Alan Hutton,he is special.

both Tottenham January new signing Woodgate and Gilberto showed their new shirt on Tottenham official website.Big picture,and nice looking.

but Hutton not.There was only a picture of him played in Scottish shirt.

thought this was his intention and the last thing he did for gers.

If he did show the new shirt on a big picture,like Woodgate and Gilberto did,everyone here could be more sick.

that is something called loyalty which everyone should see.

There is only one Alan Hutton,he is special.

If I had paid a 9m fee for a player the least I would expect is a photo of him in MY teams shirt. It will come soon - no doubts about that at all.

What a strange thread... <cr>

However welcome to RM Brainsto, I hope you enjoy the boards... :rangers:

Yes - WELCOME to RM Brainsto I hope you enjoy the site.

:beer2:

he, and the other new signings were paraded today in the strips. the pics are there

saw that.a bit disapointed.

but still no single picture.that's good.

ok everybody i must be fair that what my thought is very very different from u cause we are in different culture and different ways of thinking.

i'm from asia and live in asia,and i support rangers.so i'm sure most of u think this thread is strange...

that is just something i thought could prove his loyalty,but may not be ur thinking ways... :(

that's ok.and there may also something wrong with my poor english

afterall,I'm still happy to see that he did not show his tottenham's shirt on picture.

that's my way of thinking...an asian brain. ;)

yer, it is a bit weird, i get where your coming from, but look at the rangers sites, theres small inconsistances on our site all the time, i would probably put it down to something like that other than hutton not getting a picture taken, if u know what i mean?

and welcome to the site, are there many rangers fans out in asia?

ok everybody i must be fair that what my thought is very very different from u cause we are in different culture and different ways of thinking.

i'm from asia and live in asia,and i support rangers.so i'm sure most of u think this thread is strange...

that is just something i thought could prove his loyalty,but may not be ur thinking ways... :(

that's ok.and there may also something wrong with my poor english

afterall,I'm still happy to see that he did not show his tottenham's shirt on picture.

that's my way of thinking...an asian brain. ;)

I've already seen him in a Spurs change strip on the White Hart Lane pitch with Woodgate and others, who I presume to be new signings also.

Welcome!!! (tu)

Where in Asia are you and are you an exiled Scot?

...not that it matters. Rangers are the only criteria for membership. :)

ok,i'm wrong everybody,kill me~~

<_<

last 3 things i would like to say before i died:

1.there are not many gers fans in asia cause it's too difficult to watch an SPL game here.but I'm glad that there still have some

2.Getty Images,Wikipedia,Youtube,these are not allowed in some countries in Asia.So,may be there are some picture on Getty,but i couldn't see them sorry...

3.I support rangers...

ok,i'm wrong everybody,kill me~~

<_<

last 3 things i would like to say before i died:

1.there are not many gers fans in asia cause it's too difficult to watch an SPL game here.but I'm glad that there still have some

2.Getty Images,Wikipedia,Youtube,these are not allowed in some countries in Asia.So,may be there are some picture on Getty,but i couldn't see them sorry...

3.I support rangers...

All Rangers fans are welcome. (tu)

aahhh no bother my friend (tu) Welcome to the site (tu)

thank u and i'm not bother...

actually i don't know what does this word mean exactly...

i'm from the capital of china and i thought there may more rangers fans in hong kong than any other part of china.

so,our topic is Hutton right...

and now it's cleard:

If he never showed his tottenham's shirt,that make me feel good

if he did show it,i'm not bother cause i know he is a life long gers. :rangers:

aahhh no bother my friend (tu) Welcome to the site (tu)

thank u and i'm not bother...

actually i don't know what does this word mean exactly...

i'm from the capital of china and i thought there may more rangers fans in hong kong than any other part of china.

so,our topic is Hutton right...

and now it's cleard:

If he never showed his tottenham's shirt,that make me feel good

if he did show it,i'm not bother cause i know he is a life long gers. :rangers:

How did you come to support the Rangers, my friend?

It is slightly unusual i have to agree, you usually see the player holding the shirt up rather than wearing it, sometimes stood next to the manager, as someone has already said, its probably just something the site haven't picked up on yet.

Having said that, these things are usually official, and the picture on gettyimages isnt even on the clubs official site, or maybe he hasnt been in london since his signing due to his wife being pregnant?

How did you come to support the Rangers, my friend?

that's little bit hard for me to explain in english...

u know most of my friends around me support some teams like ManU or Real Madrid or AC Milan or something like that

thought that was boring.it's easy for them to watch epl or la liga or serie a cause there are live matches on tv.but it's different for spl.i need to do something really special to try to watch this league and what i've done make me feel good.

and when i watched rangers game it make me feel good.

You can watch games via streaming although its not strictly "kosher"

If you pm someone during a game they will tell you a website to go to.

Anyway seeing as you support :rangers: you are more than welcome here

The greatest club in the world with an ever growing membership