***The Alan Hutton Thread***

gemzgers

i wouldn't of been surprised if they did put a gun to his head to be honest, Murray will do anything for money.

What utter ROT Rangers have COST SDM money - now ultimetely he MAY get his cash and a return out but to this point all he has done is put money IN. The basics of BUSINESS pass over most fans heads. Besides isnt that a REAL sucess for the investment in Murray Park and who could really blame Hutton for looking after himself. I just hope trading money for glory is worth it!

It is all about the timing mate. This was not the right time to sell our best player. There is a league to win and there is very little time to use the money for the benefit of the squad. This is why i fucking hate the January transfer window.

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i would be happy if walt buys the players that will secure us the title. But i just dont see this happening.

Come on! Chin up - you don't seriously think that Walt and his merry men haven't anticipated this transfer? I can't imagine anyone seriously accepting that Walt will not get cash to better the team.

i wouldn't of been surprised if they did put a gun to his head to be honest, Murray will do anything for money.

What utter ROT Rangers have COST SDM money - now ultimetely he MAY get his cash and a return out but to this point all he has done is put money IN. The basics of BUSINESS pass over most fans heads. Besides isnt that a REAL sucess for the investment in Murray Park and who could really blame Hutton for looking after himself. I just hope trading money for glory is worth it!

It is all about the timing mate. This was not the right time to sell our best player. There is a league to win and there is very little time to use the money for the benefit of the squad. This is why i fucking hate the January transfer window.

THIS I agree with. We needed Hutton for the title run in.

Yes i would be happy if walt buys the players that will secure us the title. But i just dont see this happening.

Come on! Chin up - you don't seriously think that Walt and his merry men haven't anticipated this transfer? I can't imagine anyone seriously accepting that Walt will not get cash to better the team.

No, i meant that i dont see us getting any players of huttons quality to come in.

That is where the title will be won or lost, what I do know is that at the turn of the New Year we had a squad capable of winning the title

I'm not so sure now, Celtic have been handed a major psychological boost today

We need to spend £8million minimum on genuine quality, but I fear we will spend around £5million on Fletcher, Robson & another SPL left back.

That is where the title will be won or lost, what I do know is that at the turn of the New Year we had a squad capable of winning the title

I'm not so sure now, Celtic have been handed a major psychological boost today

We need to spend £8million minimum on genuine quality, but I fear we will spend around £5million on Fletcher, Robson & another SPL left back.

I think £5 million will be sufficient on the basis that Walter spends the money on the right players. What we don't need is spur of the moment signings just because Hutton has left. We need to hope that Walter has been scouting around and making provisions behind the scenes after the first offer was accepted.

the last time I felt so gutted at a gers player leaving.....actually probably the last time was Albertz and before that Gazza & Laudrup :(

I worry about the effect this will have on the moral of the team.

All the best Alan,we'll miss you!! :rangers:

quote from Walter:

I know he was enjoying his football here and was not in too much of a rush to go anywhere, but as the weeks went on he has decided it is the right time for him to leave. We wish him well.

"There is disappointment throughout the club to lose him but it was an offer we couldn't turn down."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_3088033,00.html

He's 100% away.

It's ridiculous that we couldn't have waited until the end of the season IMO. Not got a bad word against Alan though, he's handled himself admirably through this.

Anyone who says other wise is just plain bitter.

Boyd's feelings.. http://goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=565656

With Alan Hutton’s £9million, £33,000-a-week move to White Hart Lane now imminent, Rangers teammate Kris Boyd understands the 23-year-old’s dilemma.

The star is also in line to receive a £1million ‘golden goodbye’ from Rangers, who are clearly keen to push through the move for the good of club and player.

Hutton rebuffed a pair of Tottenham approaches earlier this month, but Spurs’ persistence now looks to be paying off with the right-back back in London for the second time in three days to hold crunch talks.

Boyd praised the progress made by his Rangers and Scotland peer and insists that Hutton won’t want to have regrets regarding the situation in the future.

"The progress he has made in the last year, with Rangers and Scotland, has been phenomenal," Boyd told the Scottish Sun.

"If anyone deserves a move like this, it's him."

"The last thing that any player wants is to end his career with regrets,"

"You don't want to finish up and think to yourself 'I wish I did this', or 'I wish I did that'.

"Maybe that's why Alan has now reconsidered his options."

Boyd himself was linked with a move away from Ibrox this month, but is keen to force his way back into Walter Smith’s starting line-up following the reported departure of Daniel Cousin.

Goal.com UK

Mcgreggor

Whittaker Ceullar Weir Papac

Burke Ferugson Hemdani Adam

Boyd Darcheville

Team looks sh*te without hutton, cousin and an injured thomson

Or you could say........

McGregor

Whittaker Cuellar Weir Smith

Burke Ferguson Hemdani Naismith

McCulloch Darcheville

Thats hardly a bad team. And we might actually sign a player or two before the window closes.

Today's Sun suggests that Alan Hutton was in London yesterday thrashing out a deal to take him to Spurs this week for £9m and a basic £29k a week....great for the lad but is it me or could this be a massive mistake on our part.

I don't have the confidence in Whittaker to take over from Hutton and although Celtic are pish should we play a reserve side against Hearts in midweek and concentrate fully on keeping our first 11 fit for the league.

Your spot on m8 what ive seen of whittaker on the left gives me no confidence at all walter will have to spend the money wisely or were sunk but who will he sign, ok walt and alley have brought us back in with a shout this season but hope its not been for nothing now ... really really hope not

Hutton set to sign

By Gareth Davies Tuesday, 29th January 2008

Long running transfer saga seemingly at an end

It is understood that after protracted negotiations Rangers full-back Alan Hutton has agreed to join the club. The Scotland international boarded a plane for London this morning to put pen to paper to a £33,000-a-week deal that will run until the end of 2012. The fee agreed between the two clubs is an initial £8m with £2m extra based on achievements, making Hutton potentially the most expensive Scottish player in history, with the deal eclipsing the £9m Sunderland paid Hearts for Craig Gordon in the summer.

Hutton's signature brings an end a transfer saga that began at the beginning of the month with the player rejecting a move to White Hart Lane. Despite both clubs agreeing a fee, and Rangers being keen to offload the player sooner rather than later in order to use the funds to strengthen elsewhere, Hutton's wife has recently had a baby and it is thought that the potential disruption to his family was the main factor behind his reluctance to move. There were also reports of interest from Manchester United and Liverpool, though neither club were willing to make a move for him in January. Having looked like being dead in the water, Daniel Levy and Damien Comolli have since resurrected the transfer and seemingly persuaded Hutton that his future is in North London.

In Hutton, Juande Ramos will have a player who has attracted admiring glances from the continents biggest teams. His performances for Scotland and for Rangers led him to be voted eighth World Soccer Magazine's Young Player of the Year award in December 2007. He is a n attack minded full-back whose marauding runs up field have led some to compare him to Brazilian full-back Cafu.

The length to which we have gone to capture his signature suggests that Pascal Chimbonda's days at the club are numbered. The French defender is reportedly unhappy at the club publicly courting Hutton and, according to stories in the national press, has fallen out with several members of the first team squad. New Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan has discounted press speculation that he might make a move for the want-away former Wigan man and it remains more likely that if he does leave, he will move abroad.

Just up on http://www.tottenhamhotspur-mad.co.uk/news...W&id=374775