The irony of those who are against Hartley!

Friedmarsbar

I have seen lots of posters up in arms about Hartley signing(especially on FF) going on about an article where he called us 'orange bastards' and how he hates us

and is a' bigot'.

Fine,then these same posters refer to him as a 'tarrier,fenian bastard,scumbag,lowlife'. Can they not see the irony in taking up a stance like that.

To be quite honest this type of Rangers supporter embarasses me and if they stop supporting rangers because of this,to be quite blunt, the club will be better off.

The day we welcome a player because of his skill without talk of his background

is the day we will be free of bigotry, and let's hope it will be soon.

Yes but look how Rangers fans are still getting villified by some 'agencies' for sectarianism yet we as a club and support have moved on and don't like getting tarnished like this, so why not be big about this and let hartley get over his past?

But many fans dislike for him have nothing to do with bigotry or his background....its the fact that he formerly stated in a fanzine that he would like to shit on us and that we were in his words..."orange bastards".

<sesm>

I don't know if he said these things or not. He may have or some muppet in Millwall that wrote the fanzine artical may have, but I cannot imagine a guy who thought like that wanting to pull on the blue of Rangers...

And according to the artical in tonights evening times he wants a move to Rangers. :unsure:(tu)

But many fans dislike for him have nothing to do with bigotry or his background....its the fact that he formerly stated in a fanzine that he would like to shit on us and that we were in his words..."orange bastards".

<sesm>

I don't know if he said these things or not. He may have or some muppet in Millwall that wrote the fanzine artical may have, but I cannot imagine a guy who thought like that wanting to pull on the blue of Rangers...

And according to the artical in tonights evening times he wants a move to Rangers. :unsure:(tu)

A heard that on radio clyde he will be desperate to get out of Hearts but if celtic end up puttin a bid in for him he will go there a wouldnt take it to serious because a dnt see it happenin

Y'know, there's something many folk forget; when folk sue papers, and they didn't make the comment, the papers almost always settle out of court.

Usually, if they don't sue or take it up with their lawyer, it's because they have a genuine case to answer.

But the fact Hartley took this up with his lawyer supports the notion that he simply did not say it. And bear in mind it was WELL before he was linked to us.

Yes, he's a Celtic supporter, but I STRONGLY doubt he'd insult his close friend Barry Ferguson in this way.

I wish folk would look at the evidence, rather than being blinded by their own prejudices.

Y'know, there's something many folk forget; when folk sue papers, and they didn't make the comment, the papers almost always settle out of court.

Usually, if they don't sue or take it up with their lawyer, it's because they have a genuine case to answer.

But the fact Hartley took this up with his lawyer supports the notion that he simply did not say it. And bear in mind it was WELL before he was linked to us.

Yes, he's a Celtic supporter, but I STRONGLY doubt he'd insult his close friend Barry Ferguson in this way.

I wish folk would look at the evidence, rather than being blinded by their own prejudices.

(tu) well put danny

(tu) well put danny

Indeed. (tu)

My feeling is that those who let it be known that they are taking it up with their lawyers are usually 100% guilty.

Those who are innocent usually just go ahead and sue without letting anything be known.

I hear Boyd is taking Le Guen's comments up with his lawyers, I'll bet a million quid nothing further happens on that front.

My feeling is that those who let it be known that they are taking it up with their lawyers are usually 100% guilty.

Those who are innocent usually just go ahead and sue without letting anything be known.

I hear Boyd is taking Le Guen's comments up with his lawyers, I'll bet a million quid nothing further happens on that front.

:lol:(tu)

Boydy is thinking about it over a pint of Tennants and a bag of Monster Munch :ph43r:

Yes Danny...the papers reported that he was taking it up with his lawyer...

But if he did...that lawyer never made any representation to the individual who unearthed the original article...and that is fact.

Boydy is thinking about it over a pint of Tennants and a bag of Monster Munch :ph43r:

Ah, the humour is returning! :lol::lol::lol:

if celtic end up puttin a bid in for him he will go there a wouldnt take it to serious because a dnt see it happenin

That's what the media are saying about nearly every player we are linked with at the moment. It's just there way of trying to show just how poor we are and how much turmoil we are in while selling papers at the same time.

But if he did...that lawyer never made any representation to the individual who unearthed the original article...and that is fact.

Fact?

By fact, that forces the conclusion you can back this up.

Feel free (tu)

Objection your Honour! Conjecture!

Sustained!

:pipe:

Fact?

By fact, that forces the conclusion you can back this up.

Feel free (tu)

Happy to....

The Bear who unearthed it is a personal friend of mine....if you still wish to doubt..perhaps Alba will verify.

Happy to....

The Bear who unearthed it is a personal friend of mine....if you still wish to doubt..perhaps Alba will verify.

Yes, you've not even vaguely backed it up.

I don't work with speculation or claims. Only fact.

No disrespect intended.

Prove your point (tu)