Is anyone else bored watching this Rangers team ?

jbm26896

I have supported Rangers for nearly 20 years , I cannot remember in that time a more boring team to watch than this Rangers team , we are set up not too lose games , with the hope of snatching a goal from a breakaway , we are only just sneaking past poor teams like Gretna ad ICT , are we just happy to win like this or would we like to see some decent football along the way.

WS is pretty negative in his team selections , in my opinion

Thoughts please!!!

LOL - its results orientated business, so I totally disagree - Keegan for Newcastle played great attacking football - won didly squat. ALL the great managers build solid teams first - flair second - WS has only been in a year - won nothing - yet - but he will - and then he will build the flair onto that. Trust in WS

lets hope you totally disagree if we lose a couple in a row in this results driven business, the team is terrible to watch at the moment , as for WS and adding flair , no chance , he is not interested in flair players , workhorses + donkeys ( Charlie Adam)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have supported Rangers for nearly 20 years , I cannot remember in that time a more boring team to watch than this Rangers team , we are set up not too lose games , with the hope of snatching a goal from a breakaway , we are only just sneaking past poor teams like Gretna ad ICT , are we just happy to win like this or would we like to see some decent football along the way.

WS is pretty negative in his team selections , in my opinion

Thoughts please!!!

LOL - its results orientated business, so I totally disagree - Keegan for Newcastle played great attacking football - won didly squat. ALL the great managers build solid teams first - flair second - WS has only been in a year - won nothing - yet - but he will - and then he will build the flair onto that. Trust in WS

lets hope you totally disagree if we lose a couple in a row in this results driven business, the team is terrible to watch at the moment , as for WS and adding flair , no chance , he is not interested in flair players , workhorses + donkeys ( Charlie Adam)

WS not interested in Flair Players - the same WS who first time round brought us - Laudrup, Gascoine, Albertz - etc.

Patience - safty first - flair second - if we were getting hammered (with flair) we would be slating WS for not getting the basics right - Poor WS fkd if he does fkd if he dosn't LOL - He has my vote.

Interesting thread this.....Walter had to come in and lay foundations and make the side hard to beat and have a strong backbone to the team, hopefully in the Summer can add 1 or 2 flair players when there isnt going to be as much major work to the team compared to the Summer past.

Interesting thread this.....Walter had to come in and lay foundations and make the side hard to beat and have a strong backbone to the team, hopefully in the Summer can add 1 or 2 flair players when there isnt going to be as much major work to the team compared to the Summer past.

He has achieved exactly what you say , hopefully he will be able to add to the squad in the summer , quality not quantity ?

i have to say i usually have to tape matches and watch later in the evening - just finished with todays game.

recently i have been watching mostly x32 speed, watching maybe over 15mins. has not been good to watch.

i brought this thread up a wee while ago and asked the question is smiths time up already it the respect of is he capable of taking as any further forward and i have to say that since then my opinion has definetely not changed

we have not looked good of late and against the poorest opposition the spl has to offer at times......ive no doubt that it wont be long before grindin out the results wont happen on a couple of occasions, like at parkhead or in the uefa cup

then itll be a better representation of how we actually stand this season.....

Wow! 20 years a Rangers supporter you must have seen it all in your time, well wait until it`s 50 years and you`ll have seen it all again, and for about the fifth time that`s if your still a bluenose by then or just an interested onlooker. To replace WS at this point is just plain daft remember where we were last season some people have short memoiries one steps enough for me at present

• 2 weeks later...

we watched another negative , boring display , by rangers tonight , is our manager watching a DVD during the game , if he is watching the same team as me , he should be embarassed by his team selection , tactics , and substitutions , he has the personnel to change games , but he wont or cant , i am not sure which one ,

Messi called it " anti football "

I call it absolute pish

I have to say JBM, it is too bad that things have to go like this in Europe. I never understand it. I wish Walter would read the forum on subjects like this.

Very frustrating , I only want to see professional players play in a manner that suggests they would like to win the game , no passion , no flair , no ability and no excuses - we were terrible again