shots from outside box

blueballss

is it me or when we get corners there is no-one ever on the edge of the box willing to have a pot at goal?

at times i see us in this position,it is cleared and we are chasing the ball back after 1 of the opposition pick it up on the edge of their box,

the ball last night appeared to move all over the place but again no-one has a dig!!trying to walk the ball in the net!!

cmon gers,get the shooting boots on :rangers:

I was more disappointed in Davis for this than anyone else.

We know that Adam isn't scared to put the ball in row z. But I thought Davis might have had a pop or two. I know what you mean about the edge of the box too. So many times a ball is headed out to the edge but we never have anyone there to latch onto it.

mcculloch likes a dig to himself, pinpointing aberdeen and east stirling as fine examples as does whittaker although it is disappointing when our main idea seems to be to pass the ball back again or to the sides

I find it interesting is that we complain about our general lack of shooting from outside the box in relation to other sides, yet don't mention that very few teams who actually shoot from outside the box score that often.

The majority of shots go off target and you gat the occassional one that rockets in, like Pana last night for example.

However the one player who constsantly aims to shoot from outside the box, Adam, is berated for rarely getting them on target.

If we want to see more shots on from distance should we not be praising him for being one of the few who actually attempts it?

This has actually crossed my mind on a few occasions, I just wish that at least one of our players would just have a pop at goal, is it a lack of confidence to try it or just trying for one pass too many?

Trying one pass to many!

A major bug bear of mine, trying to constantly dance the ball into the box does my box in.

Some of the most spectacular goals you see in the Premiership are 25-30 yard screamers and they are costantly shooting on sight....

It just does not happen up here when a shot is screaming to be hit imho