celtc's Gazza shame

Muff

Today they sang about Paul Gascoigne and his illness on top of their pro IRA bile.

They were perhaps unhappy with on-field matters, but the antics of the Celtic following should not pass without condemnation. The champions' support chanted gleefully about the current predicament of Paul Gascoigne, the former Rangers midfielder who is undergoing treatment for mental illness, during the opening half; amid a period when the Scottish game has moved forward on so many fronts, it remains disheartening that sizeable moronic elements in the stands are unwilling to do likewise.

It's about time they were punished, their songs are heard at EVERY game and this just shows how low they will stoop. Watch this swept under the carpet.

Scum of the Earth!

Didn't hear a thing about this, who's your source? Of course BBC Scotland wouldn't mention it.

My ears after listening to the 1st half on the radio, tomorrows papers and celtc fans.

from tomorrows guardian newspaper.

Nakamura steals late victory for Celtic

Ewan Murray at Love Street

Sunday February 24, 2008

guardian.co.uk

With three minutes to play at Love Street, thoughts of a pivotal afternoon and Rangers owing a debt of gratitude to St Mirren were prevalent. The Paisley outfit, who held Celtic to a draw at Parkhead in December, appeared well on course to aid Rangers' bid to wrestle the championship from across the city once again; that the hosts did not claim a point here is due in full to a highly dubious, 87th minute decision by Eddie Smith, the referee, and the individual brilliance of Shunsuke Nakamura.

Article continues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

St Mirren, like every club in Scotland and several across Europe, are all-too aware of the talent Nakamura possesses from dead-ball situations so a collective intake of breath from the home support was natural as Smith controversially deemed that Gary Mason had illegally challenged the Japan midfielder, 25 yards from goal. Nakamura's fall to the ground was not on the same level of his team-mate, Georgios Samaras, whose collapse under the faintest of touches from Carles Puyol four days earlier could have been an Oscar winner, but the 29-year-old still embellished the situation.

Nakamura duly supplied the latest in a substantial line of wonderful set-plays, curling the ball beyond a helpless Mark Howard to prompt scenes from a visiting support which mirrored 1986, the year Celtic trounced St Mirren at this venue on the final day of the season to clinch the Premier League title. The victory was scarcely deserved, Howard a spectator for the vast majority of the match, and St Mirren's manager Gus MacPherson fought bravely to control his anger afterwards, if only to avoid what would be an inevitable fine from the authorities if he had voiced his real opinion. "I wouldn't even approach the referee for an explanation," said MacPherson. "There is no point; I would just get a bog-standard answer about his angle or his position.

"We [managers] are not allowed to have an opinion. Anybody watching the incident would have the same opinion as I do, but there is no point speaking about it because I would only get myself into trouble." Mason's assertion that he "hardly touched" Nakamura was correct. "I read him and got my body in front of him," added the St Mirren player. It is unfortunate that such controversy will overshadow a superb St Mirren showing, the SPL's 10th-placed team dominating for long spells. Artur Boruc had produced fine saves in either half, from David Van Zanten and Billy Mehmet, to maintain parity with the Celtic goalkeeper's opposite number, Howard, not called upon at all until 50 minutes into proceedings.

With Celtic's frustrations growing, Nakamura, left among the substitutes from the outset after an ineffectual showing against Barcelona last midweek, was called upon to provide much-needed creativity. Stephen McManus, the visiting captain, had earlier limped off with a hamstring injury which may yet rule him out of the second leg against Barca on March 3.

Yet it was St Mirren, driven on from midfield by the outstanding Andy Dorman, who appeared more likely to clinch what would have been their first victory over either half of the Old Firm since 1991 before Nakamura's late and decisive intervention.

"If I was St Mirren, I'd be aggrieved as well," conceded the Celtic coach Tommy Burns, whose team remain within four points of Rangers after the Light Blues 4-2 defeat of Gretna. "Sometimes things go for you, sometimes they don't."

They were perhaps unhappy with on-field matters, but the antics of the Celtic following should not pass without condemnation. The champions' support chanted gleefully about the current predicament of Paul Gascoigne, the former Rangers midfielder who is undergoing treatment for mental illness, during the opening half; amid a period when the Scottish game has moved forward on so many fronts, it remains disheartening that sizeable moronic elements in the stands are unwilling to do likewise.

God bless those lovable (wannabe)irish rogues & their banter.

I feel another UEFA award in the offing..........

from tomorrows guardian newspaper.

Nakamura steals late victory for Celtic

Ewan Murray at Love Street

Sunday February 24, 2008

guardian.co.uk

With three minutes to play at Love Street, thoughts of a pivotal afternoon and Rangers owing a debt of gratitude to St Mirren were prevalent. The Paisley outfit, who held Celtic to a draw at Parkhead in December, appeared well on course to aid Rangers' bid to wrestle the championship from across the city once again; that the hosts did not claim a point here is due in full to a highly dubious, 87th minute decision by Eddie Smith, the referee, and the individual brilliance of Shunsuke Nakamura.

Article continues

St Mirren, like every club in Scotland and several across Europe, are all-too aware of the talent Nakamura possesses from dead-ball situations so a collective intake of breath from the home support was natural as Smith controversially deemed that Gary Mason had illegally challenged the Japan midfielder, 25 yards from goal. Nakamura's fall to the ground was not on the same level of his team-mate, Georgios Samaras, whose collapse under the faintest of touches from Carles Puyol four days earlier could have been an Oscar winner, but the 29-year-old still embellished the situation.

Nakamura duly supplied the latest in a substantial line of wonderful set-plays, curling the ball beyond a helpless Mark Howard to prompt scenes from a visiting support which mirrored 1986, the year Celtic trounced St Mirren at this venue on the final day of the season to clinch the Premier League title. The victory was scarcely deserved, Howard a spectator for the vast majority of the match, and St Mirren's manager Gus MacPherson fought bravely to control his anger afterwards, if only to avoid what would be an inevitable fine from the authorities if he had voiced his real opinion. "I wouldn't even approach the referee for an explanation," said MacPherson. "There is no point; I would just get a bog-standard answer about his angle or his position.

"We [managers] are not allowed to have an opinion. Anybody watching the incident would have the same opinion as I do, but there is no point speaking about it because I would only get myself into trouble." Mason's assertion that he "hardly touched" Nakamura was correct. "I read him and got my body in front of him," added the St Mirren player. It is unfortunate that such controversy will overshadow a superb St Mirren showing, the SPL's 10th-placed team dominating for long spells. Artur Boruc had produced fine saves in either half, from David Van Zanten and Billy Mehmet, to maintain parity with the Celtic goalkeeper's opposite number, Howard, not called upon at all until 50 minutes into proceedings.

With Celtic's frustrations growing, Nakamura, left among the substitutes from the outset after an ineffectual showing against Barcelona last midweek, was called upon to provide much-needed creativity. Stephen McManus, the visiting captain, had earlier limped off with a hamstring injury which may yet rule him out of the second leg against Barca on March 3.

Yet it was St Mirren, driven on from midfield by the outstanding Andy Dorman, who appeared more likely to clinch what would have been their first victory over either half of the Old Firm since 1991 before Nakamura's late and decisive intervention.

"If I was St Mirren, I'd be aggrieved as well," conceded the Celtic coach Tommy Burns, whose team remain within four points of Rangers after the Light Blues 4-2 defeat of Gretna. "Sometimes things go for you, sometimes they don't."

And this is what the mhedia wax lyrical about, tgfitw ? Just watchin SSN on just now why is this not being exposed on the likes of this ? Who is stoppin negative news about them gettin out and if we sneeze the wrong way it's on the front page ? About time their day did come the tramp bhastard bead rhattlin lyin cheatin mhanky CUNTS ! :sherlock:

And its just not paul gascoigne who they are taking the mick out of. Anyone who is, or has suffered a mental illness will have been offended by this.

Iam just waiting for the Celtic fans to reply to this article with, " why is it only us?"

Making fun of this is something like this is something you would only expect from a tim.

And its just not paul gascoigne who they are taking the mick out of. Anyone who is, or has suffered a mental illness will have been offended by this.

Iam just waiting for the Celtic fans to reply to this article with, " why is it only us?"

Making fun of this is something like this is something you would only expect from a tim.

(tu) Also didn't Zurawski their former player admit he suffered mental illness being benched at Celtic, so they are having a pop at him as well.

(tu) Also didn't Zurawski their former player admit he suffered mental illness being benched at Celtic, so they are having a pop at him as well.

...and Cadete too, remember.

As did the wonderful Neil Lennon suffer from depression. Hypocritical cunts.

God bless those lovable (wannabe)irish rogues & their banter.

I feel another UEFA award in the offing..........

shocking to hear this. It doesnt say much for them, arseholes :(

Darryl Broadfoot's view...

Nakamura's intervention at least eclipsed the unsavoury contribution from an idiotic element of Celtic's away support, who seem to regard Love Street as a favourite venue in which to tarnish the club's otherwise excellent crowd record.

The songbook was distasteful at best and sectarian at its worst. In a five-minute burst during one of the many lulls in Celtic's play, they chanted about how Artur Boruc hates the h***', made reference to orange bastards' and mocked the sectioning of Paul Gascoigne under the Mental Health Act with chants of let's all laugh at Gazza' and Gazza's a psycho'.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines...onal_strike.php

Darryl Broadfoot's view...

Nakamura's intervention at least eclipsed the unsavoury contribution from an idiotic element of Celtic's away support, who seem to regard Love Street as a favourite venue in which to tarnish the club's otherwise excellent crowd record.

The songbook was distasteful at best and sectarian at its worst. In a five-minute burst during one of the many lulls in Celtic's play, they chanted about how Artur Boruc hates the Huns', made reference to orange bastards' and mocked the sectioning of Paul Gascoigne under the Mental Health Act with chants of let's all laugh at Gazza' and Gazza's a psycho'.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines...onal_strike.php

At least the press aren't brushing it under the carpet.

...this time.