Newcastle United

On paper the squad that Newcastle haver, Owen, Martins, Viduka, Duff, Milner, N'Zogbia all players that can play football but they cant defend for toffee, and with Butt and Barton 2 of the most overrated centre midsin the world you can kind of see why they could go down.

Ads

ps they also have 2 great keepers in Given and Harper!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given is struggling with an injury but Harper is a quality replacement. Like you say, they have some quality players but their defence is awful. I thought that Cacapa would of been a good signing but he's been absolutely minging. Not been the same player since he had that injury at Lyon.

I dunno why but I have always had a soft spot for Newcastle.

I've met a few Geordies and I liked them, and I was once told that the OF was second only to Newcastle in terms of popularity down there.

And Keegan's first reign was a lot of fun.

And I would say they're the English club most like Rangers.

I also really like Duff and Owen - so a part of me would like to see them recover from this.

But, if it were possible, Newcastle are even worse now than they were under Allerdyce.

I dunno why but I have always had a soft spot for Newcastle.

I've met a few Geordies and I liked them, and I was once told that the OF was second only to Newcastle in terms of popularity down there.

And Keegan's first reign was a lot of fun.

And I would say they're the English club most like Rangers.

I also really like Duff and Owen - so a part of me would like to see them recover from this.

But, if it were possible, Newcastle are even worse now than they were under Allerdyce.

My office is full of Geordies and none of them give a fuck about Scottish football never mind the OF.

How do you mean they are most like Rangers? In what terms? Certainly cant be success :D

I've been to St.James' this season (no, not the real one...the one in Newcastle :D ) to see them get pumped by Liverpool. My mate is a Geordie season ticket holder down there and I take him to Ibrox (and Tannadice - sheesh) every so often too.

I dont care much for the Club but I admire the fans, and they like a bevvy :)

I Cant say im a fan of Newcastle.... There fans seem too cocky to me , duno why

The " we are a big club " attitude will always let them down , There a one city club

As for Keegan , he was built up to much before he came , his expectations were too high

they where never going to be giants killers but the football there playing now is just pathetic

:rangers:

I hope they get relegated. That's what they get for sacking a manager who had them pretty much where they deserved to be. They have a few decent players, but there's no way they could've expected to be above mid-table.

newcastle are an awful side and keegan has made a big mistake going back there. Returning to a previous club is rarely a success in football. newcastle fans are thick as well, keegan did well for them in the past but he was out of football for 3 years. It will take him a while to get back into the way of things but they seemed to think he would have them playing like man utd or arsenal in his first game in charge.

Just think if they did get relegated they would struggle in the championship and they would lose half their big players lol

yeah its extremely tough to bounce back up after going down

amazing how bad they are yet KK is still supposed to be getting 65 mill to spend...makes you sick

Just think if they did get relegated they would struggle in the championship and they would lose half their big players lol

yeah its extremely tough to bounce back up after going down

amazing how bad they are yet KK is still supposed to be getting 65 mill to spend...makes you sick

Wow 65 mill It sure does make you sick !!

Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan has told owner Mike Ashley that he cannot guarantee that the Magpies will stay up after crisis talks at the weekend. (Various)

Oh how the mighty have fallen...

Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan has told owner Mike Ashley that he cannot guarantee that the Magpies will stay up after crisis talks at the weekend. (Various)

ur joking, with the players he has got, he should be able to beat everyteam down in the relegation zone

ur joking, with the players he has got, he should be able to beat everyteam down in the relegation zone

The problem is that their team is as likely to let in as many goals as they are capable of scoring.

That's what is, and always has been Newcastles problem. No matter how many goals they concede they seem to think that by throwing silly amounts of money at midfielders and strikers will solve the problem.

Much like when WS returned for us, it should be back to basics for Newcastle and Keegan isn't the type of manager to make a team a touch more defence minded.

He's hardly started Martins or Viduka though. That on top of Owen doesn't look that fit and is out of form, Alan Smith is fucking shit, the defence rank and N'Zogbia and Milner can't carry the whole team.

Hopefully Joey Barton gets some jail time as well, scummy bastard.

11 Tottenham 27 4 32

12 Middlesbrough 28 -17 29

13 Reading 29 -21 28

14 Newcastle 29 -26 28

15 Wigan 28 -16 27

16 Sunderland 28 -20 27

17 Birmingham 28 -10 26

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

18 Bolton 28 -14 25

19 Fulham 29 -23 20

20 Derby 28 -44 10