Weather

rab wilson

Morning chaps.What is the weather like up there.Is there any danger of the game being off? As my tickets,flights and hotel have cost me a bomb! :unsure:

Oh just the usual. 100 mile an hour winds and Fu**ing pi**ing down. <scared>

Morning chaps.What is the weather like up there.Is there any danger of the game being off? As my tickets,flights and hotel have cost me a bomb! :unsure:

I think in the case of Rab one of our fine supporters should put him up for the night. I do it myself for my Italian mates when they fly over for the Rangers games. I do this 3/4 times a year saving them a mint. And of course, they return the favour when I go over there.

Hopefully theres a new pitch been put down because they other 1 was cuttin up badly and really sandy because if its still the same pitch then it will get worse :rolleyes:

I think in the case of Rab one of our fine supporters should put him up for the night. I do it myself for my Italian mates when they fly over for the Rangers games. I do this 3/4 times a year saving them a mint. And of course, they return the favour when I go over there.

That would be very nice,but would it also apply to the polish beauty that i'm also bringing with me? <rockon> Hands off ya bassas! :D

Guest marvsbeliever
i cant remember the last game that was called off at ibrox. I cant see it happening to be honest.

Hmm, Aberdeen cup game springs to mind (They opened the turnstiles and I was in my seat as I left dead early to make sure I got there - was soaked). Had been torrential rain and blowing a gale... hang on a minute :lol:

Nah would be surprised would need the drainage system to fail or something out side of the ground like a police recommendation not to travel or something like that.

It's just a typical January day in Glasgow <soakedgettinginthismorningsmiley>

I'd be mair worried aboot yer flight mate! It's meant to be getting drastically windy in the next couple of days.

hope you make it though cos saturday's going to be one helluva day with a unique atmosphere. All we need is the win to top it all aff...

Guest marvsbeliever

Hmm, Aberdeen cup game springs to mind (They opened the turnstiles and I was in my seat as I left dead early to make sure I got there - was soaked). Had been torrential rain and blowing a gale... hang on a minute  :lol:

When was that mate?

Is Bob Crampsey still living? might have to ask him!

During Walters previous time with the club. I'm sure it was a cup game as we were told over the tannoy to keep our ticket stubs.

Trying to search google for it just now.

(I could of course be making it up or going senile you decide)

Guest marvsbeliever

Talking of bad weather does anyone remember the Killie game when the river burst it's banks during the game and all the buses were parked up on the river bank. One of the funniest things I've seen was a guy (a bit worse for wear) swimming over to the steps of his bus. We waited around in the Safeway car park (only slightly higher ground) for ages for our bus and then had to get the train. Always remember sitting in my boxer shorts (not just me mind) on the train home trying to dry my jeans over the heaters. Not fun when you've got to put them back on at central and they are still soaking!

During Walters previous time with the club. I'm sure it was a cup game as we were told over the tannoy to keep our ticket stubs.

Trying to search google for it just now.

(I could of course be making it up or going senile you decide)

I remember this one mate. But wasn't it away from home? I was fairly young at the time but i just remember being told that the fans had been sent home due to bad weather.

Guest orangpendek

defniately at ibrox. i waited 25 minutes for my pals and my brother and it turned out they were inside already (this was before mobile phones, for me anyway). must have been about 93?