The Importance of the CIS Cup?

feda16

I know in recent times it has been valued as the "mickey mouse" cup however im sure most of you would agree with me that i along with the club was desperate for this, i cant believe how relieved i feel and how good i feel about myself, its amazing, i know the tims will mock it but we've got it and it could be the 1st of 4 and todays performance certainly showed the mark of champions. Anyway to summarise this is an extremely important cup to us in modern times and its definately looking like the first of many :rangers:

It was necessary at this point in the season. Failure here would cast into doubt our ability to finish it off when it matters. Putting a wall up against Bremen after we were gifted 2 goals is much different then winning a competition.

Exactly, standing alone this cup is inferior to the scottish cup, uefa cup and league - however failing to deliver it could have caused a chain reaction that could well have dented our league/scottish cup hopes. Winning the CIS cup, particularly the manor in which we struggled through will have the added benifit of boosting out confidence when our backs are against the wall... which, id imagine, is the only way we could win the uefa cup (probably against bayern)

dont care what the tims think about it. We havent lifted a trophy in nearly 3 years so this one is a bit special. I bet they wont think its such a diddy cup come may when they have an empty trophy cabinet.