Are Celtic fans allowed to sing IRA songs without being condemned?

Friedmarsbar

Today, small crowd are not, on the TV I heard clearly Boys of Old brigade referring to the IRA and also Sean South as well. This was'nt a small group of people, it was a sizeable chunk and could be clearly heard over the TV.

As someone who demands the highest standards from our support, and have been condemned on here for pointing out when some of our fans have let us down. this singing from the Celtic support was much louder and there were many more singing. The percentage singing in a 3,500 crowd was large.It was as least as audible as when we were warned by the authorities at the start of the season in Inverness.

There has not been a mention of this, it begs the question do the authorities not recognise rebel songs from the Celtic support or are they turning a blind eye to it.

If so double standards are being practiced.

Let's see if the newspapers take this up.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today, small crowd are not, on the TV I heard clearly Boys of Old brigade referring to the IRA and also Sean South as well. This was'nt a small group of people, it was a sizeable chunk and could be clearly heard over the TV.

As someone who demands the highest standards from our support, and have been condemned on here for pointing out when some of our fans have let us down. this singing from the Celtic support was much louder and there were many more singing. The percentage singing in a 3,500 crowd was large.It was as least as audible as when we were warned by the authorities at the start of the season in Inverness.

There has not been a mention of this, it begs the question do the authorities not recognise rebel songs from the Celtic support or are they turning a blind eye to it.

If so double standards are being practiced.

Let's see if the newspapers take this up.

The Tims can sing what they like it seems and get away with it. Well ..... FUCK THEM.

Best approach is to make a complaint and maybe it will be listened to. Im sick of their filth and shit.

The whole double stardards thing pisses me off but we need to be careful here.

For the score to be evened the authorities would have to warn celtic, what good would that do other than letting people know they aren't whiter than white?

If we push for penalties we could end up recieving them ourselves.

You may have a point there rossdaz, they may think as we retain singing the 'Sash' and 'no surender' the authorities mistakenly think these are cultural songs from Celtic. However thay are sadly mistaken, glorifying a group who have wantonly bombed and killed people all over Britain is reprehensible and warnings need to be given, at least, as happened with us after Inverness.

hopefully we can go to the san giro that many points in front we can have a right good sashbash and the 3 points deduction wont matter :unsure:

No proactive steps have been taken by Celtic FC or the SFA to curb the "Bhoys of the Old Brigade" crap. If this hasn't been done by now , a couple of years after media attention was given to its airing during a MINUTES SILENCE at Fir Park , then don't expect anything to change soon.

And as far as the powers that be are concerned , we can love it or shove it.

Feck them anyway , lets get it round them in the best way possible by taking everything for ourselves as the season finishes :rangers:

Pointless.

Whilst we are an easy target for the media and anti Rangers brigade, over at Torbett Towers they put up a much stiffer opposition to threats from above.

In other words, they look after their own and we have a bunch of powderpuff Rugger Buggers in charge who couldn't give a flying fuck.

Pointless.

Whilst we are an easy target for the media and anti Rangers brigade, over at Torbett Towers they put up a much stiffer opposition to threats from above.

In other words, they look after their own and we have a bunch of powderpuff Rugger Buggers in charge who couldn't give a flying fuck.

Have Celtic defended the right to sing IRA songs?

Can you provide me with quotes that illustrate this?

Pointless.

True. They're already trying to throw their weight around over the fixture pile up.

Pointless.

I believe that Peter Liewell gave his backing to the singing of "Irish Ballads" (quote) at matches. This of course is a purposefully ambigous statement and leaves plenty of room to manouvere for our favourite Unmentionables...

They will slither into any avenue which both

1. Keeps the O'Nazis in their support happy

and

2. Keeps enough powder dry to avoid upsetting the blazers up in Mt. Florida.

:craphead:

Pointless.

Are you following me around? Why are you asking such impetuous questions?

Answer: Yes and I cannot be arsed feeding a troll like you anything.

Pointless.

I believe that Peter Liewell gave his backing to the singing of "Irish Ballads" (quote) at matches. This of course is a purposefully ambigous statement and leaves plenty of room to manouvere for our favourite Unmentionables...

and

Are you claiming that they didn't say the IRA stuff wasn't acceptable?

Pointless.

I'm only participating in threads which interest me.

I have to conclude that you are mistaken, since I recall them condemning IRA chants at Celtic games.

They do get let off by the SPL delegate, which is often ex-Celtic player, Andy Ritchie.

Pointless.

I have to conclude that you are mistaken, since I recall them condemning IRA chants at Celtic games.

They do get let off by the SPL delegate, which is often ex-Celtic player, Andy Ritchie.

No you are going around constantly asking questions in the "double negative" which is extremely annoying... "Are you saying", "Are you hinting"... all a load of tosh which proves you don't have a)the ability to form your own arguments and opinions and b) you don't have the guts or balls to think for yourself.

I am not mistaken. Celtics choice of words have been very cute. In your very own style, I must ask you for evidence of Celtic pro actively urging fans to stop singing about the IRA and putting measures in place AND acting on them.

Pointless.

and

At the AGM in question , no they didn't. Further to that , as previously said neither they nor the SFA have been half as proactive in curbing IRA related songs amongst the Celtic support as RFC have with regard to say , singing Billy Boys and so on.

Pointless.

No you are going around constantly asking questions in the "double negative" which is extremely annoying... "Are you saying", "Are you hinting"... all a load of tosh which proves you don't have a)the ability to form your own arguments and opinions and b) you don't have the guts or balls to think for yourself.

I am not mistaken. Celtics choice of words have been very cute. In your very own style, I must ask you for evidence of Celtic pro actively urging fans to stop singing about the IRA and putting measures in place AND acting on them.

Can you quote one "double negative" from me?

Pointless.

and

At the AGM in question , no they didn't. Further to that , as previously said neither they nor the SFA have been half as proactive in curbing IRA related songs amongst the Celtic support as RFC have with regard to say , singing Billy Boys and so on.

I agree that the SFA, or rather SPL have not been evenhanded in their conduct.

Basically the heart of the issue ma man :beer2:

Are you saying that Ranger's powers that be have been as strong in their defence of their supporters as Celtic's?

(Just posting stupid questions like you have been doing all day)

Are you saying that Ranger's powers that be have been as strong in their defence of their supporters as Celtic's?

Yes. They could never defend FTP and "up to the knees in Fenian blood" to UEFA.

Yes. They could never defend FTP and "up to the knees in Fenian blood" to UEFA.

I smell the jungle here ? :shifty::sherlock: