Thomas Buffel...

Marbles81

Don't know where this "half-hearted non-trier" label comes from. He always tracked back and never hid. His influence may have faded from some tough games, but that's because his team-mates faded out too.

Seems like you can make up anything about a player who's been out for a while and it sticks.

(tu)

Boab and Oleg, Oleg and Boab, if this is your handers noo Boab yer scrapin the barrel ! :D:sherlock:

Dont know, but i'm sure Danny's ears will be ringing

I've said my piece so many times that there's not a lot of point any more.

Yese all know what I think. I'll leave it at that.

Don't know where this "half-hearted non-trier" label comes from. He always tracked back and never hid. His influence may have faded from some tough games, but that's because his team-mates faded out too.

Seems like you can make up anything about a player who's been out for a while and it sticks.

Good reply. For once I will let the other pro-Buffel folk defend the guy.

I've seen him in a few reserve games this season and he isn't the player he used to be. Normally gets subbed early.

I've seen him in a few reserve games this season and he's a touch of class above everyone else there.

Does nobody else get sick of these Buffel threads, he has not played in a long time so with all these games now big games it would be tough for a player to come back in. I doubt its the clause 200k for a good player aint bad, so its down to the fact that Walter sees him in training and does not think he is up to it. Simple.

Does nobody else get sick of these Buffel threads, he has not played in a long time so with all these games now big games it would be tough for a player to come back in. I doubt its the clause 200k for a good player aint bad, so its down to the fact that Walter sees him in training and does not think he is up to it. Simple.

as has been said before, he gets better and better with every game he doesn't play.

as has been said before, he gets better and better with every game he doesn't play.

He'll be Maradona by the time he ever plays again. If he does, that is.

i think it's pretty clear he wont play for us again

Stranger things have happened.

I agree with that statement, but I wish we'd play him. Those perfectly weighted passes and the vision was immense and let's not forget his pace.

I watched Buffel and Burke in reserve games and the one who did not give a toss and who did not perform got back into the first team while the one who worked and stood out is still out in the cold. Maybe it is Durrant who has the problem with Buffel and has not given a good report?

I've seen him in a few reserve games this season and he isn't the player he used to be. Normally gets subbed early.

I've seen him in a few reserve games this season and he's a touch of class above everyone else there.

I must have an anti-Buffel telly then. Because he appears very rarely on it during the reserve games. :harhar:

He is a guy am undecided about, definately has talent, although, its not finishing! :P

I think I would be happy enough with him playing behind the likes of Boyd or Cousin, as he does make good attacking play, but, as we saw at the beginning of the PLG era (lol too short for an era really), he couldnt hit a barn door! Lack of composure in front of goal?

In our current formation, he COULD work ok in the position Ferguson has been playing, with any 2 from Fergie/Thomson/Davis sitting deeper, but, who knows

I must have an anti-Buffel telly then. Because he appears very rarely on it during the reserve games. :harhar:

That's yer problem m8 - Samsung TV's are notorious for this.

He should be given a chance in my opinion but I'm sure after one bad game though things would be completely different. Buffel was known for his amazing games but also his inconsistency. Walter Smith is looking for consistency in this squad and getting it in most areas maybe explaining the reason for not playing Buffel.

Charlie Adam?

This player has taken on a stature above his own abilities without playing in the first team, but what people fail to remember is he ain`t got the bottle a hard tackle and the guy hides for the rest of the game. If we could have found a club for him he would have gone by now