Sportings two centre backs

southdown

Matt Taylor, the Bolton player says the best way to get a result against Sporting is to put the two centre backs, who don't like the physical arial challenges, under pressure.

Ian Durrant seems to agree also that the way to approach this game is to play at a high tempo similar to an Old Firm game and don't let them settle.

This could be the game to open up a little and play a 4-1-3-2 with perhaps Boyd alongside Darcheville and try to capitalise on balls into the center. We have to assume that teams coming to Ibrox in the first leg are going to be set up a little more defensively so it is up to us to break them down and get that lead to take to Sporting.

What do you think, surely Walter will change it for this game.

well, you know walter.

may change, possibly not, perhaps boyd and JCD upfront to start? then novo on late in the game for his pace etc.

or will he play JCD or cousin(if fit) upfront themselves

I'll accuse them of kidnapping Madelaine McCann before KO

I'l accuse the parents of neglect before and after KO :BELM:

We all know the score on that front ;)

15yfdhi.jpg

I'll accuse them of kidnapping Madelaine McCann before KO

I'l accuse the parents of neglect before and after KO :BELM:

We all know the score on that front ;)

15yfdhi.jpg

Havn't ruled that out either mate or a mistake at night, medication...covering up....

I'm reliably informed by some Sporting fans that they are qwuite poor at defending set pieces, especially corners. Which sounds good. However, if this is true that they are poor in the air, it means we'll be watching a fair few balls go flying up in the general direction of McCulloch. Although that was probably inevitable anyways.

I'm reliably informed by some Sporting fans that they are qwuite poor at defending set pieces, especially corners. Which sounds good. However, if this is true that they are poor in the air, it means we'll be watching a fair few balls go flying up in the general direction of McCulloch. Although that was probably inevitable anyways.

pity then that our corners and free kicks are pish then.

And McCulloch doesn't atually win every ball in the air

'sno fair Boab, he does win some, just fouls people at the same time.

'sno fair Boab, he does win some, just fouls people at the same time.

Just a bastard its against the rules!

Didn't say he wins them, just pointing out he is forced to compete for them because of the great ones tactics. :craphead: Still they get the job done in the league.

Edit actually just checked the height of their players on wiki, the tallest player that will probably play us according to Sporting fans, is only 6ft. However, the GK's height is not mentioned on wiki.

Well they will be safe enough with our corners :rolleyes:

Why is it that every european team are supposed to fear the high ball and when it comes to the game they lap them up? Long high ball is the easiest tactic to defend as we have seen over the years but still we persist.