Partick game

Just had a quick look at the fixtures, obviously we'll have a clearer picture how the season is going to end but just wondering how you would approach Sundays game against Partic...

What team would you play? Rest a few players etc...

after our last performance against them we should start with the best team and if we get the goals then swap a few players

Results in the reserves seem to suggest that our reserve and fringe players are just not good enough or ready to make the step up. Two games a week should be no problem if our players are as fit as has been suggested.

Isn't it shocking if our reserve players are not considered a match for Partick Thistle.

This week we could take a major step closer to finals in the cup competitions, the league should be a priority and I don't think we should relax until its a mathmatical impossibility for Celtic to win - that said, winning the SC would be nice coupled with (at least) a Uefa cup semi-final

I think its time we realise this season could be more than a scrabble for the league - we could go quad(rangle)rouple :rangers:

I still can't find anything other than this article http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/s...ups/7308449.stm to suggest that the game will be on BBC.

the usually accurate http://www.livesportontv.com/sportindex.php?id=1 doesn't even have anything

tbh a dont think its on tv,havent seen it advertised or that

looks like those of us who aren't going to the game will have to settle for highlights unfortunately.

suppose it's only fair, none of the other quarter finals or their replays were televised. Aye Right!! aberdeen v celtic x2. partick v rangers x0. shocking.

Programme: Sportscene

Channel: BBC1 Scotland

Date: Sunday 13 April

Time: 10:20PM-11:20PM

Partick Thistle v Rangers. Dougie Donnelly presents highlights of the Scottish Cup quarter-final replay at Firhill, where a semi-final against St Johnstone awaits the winners. With commentary by Paul Mitchell and Pat Nevin

I still can't find anything other than this article http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/s...ups/7308449.stm to suggest that the game will be on BBC.

the usually accurate http://www.livesportontv.com/sportindex.php?id=1 doesn't even have anything

The "St Johnstone await the winners of the replay and BBC Scotland have announced plans to broadcast the match live." suggests it is the semi that will be on BBC, not the QF replay against Thistle.

I've been saying all season that domestic success is the most important.

Looking at it now though, I'm tempted to say getting past Sporting would be much more beneficial to us than beating Partick, so I'd be for resting the big guns against them.

That said, our reserves should be able to deal with Thistle anyway.

Lets get Thursday out the way and see what we're going to do.

As far as resting goes, Cousin and JCD should both be reasonably fresh for two games a week for the run in, as should Hemdani in the middle. We are due to see Stevie Smith, Andy Webster and Beasley all back soon too. There ARE fresh legs at our disposal.

Am i the only one on the credit card scheme? If i hear others haven't recieved tickets yet i'd not lose as much sleep. :craphead:;)

On the scheme, but only for home scottish cup, Euro ties and semi final and finals. Didn't know it was relevant for away ties.

Just had a quick look at the fixtures, obviously we'll have a clearer picture how the season is going to end but just wondering how you would approach Sundays game against Partick...

I think we need to be careful. A couple of changes is OK, but we need a strong back bone in our team or we could get dumped out.

Id go with..

McGregor

Whittaker

Smith

Cuellar

Dailly

Ferguson

Thomson

Davis

Novo

Naismith

Cousin

Thats a little blend.

Just had a quick look at the fixtures, obviously we'll have a clearer picture how the season is going to end but just wondering how you would approach Sundays game against Partick...

I think we need to be careful. A couple of changes is OK, but we need a strong back bone in our team or we could get dumped out.

Id go with..

McGregor

Whittaker

Smith

Cuellar

Dailly

Ferguson

Thomson

Davis

Novo

Naismith

Cousin