A Life Of Worry

Hutton, McGregor, Cuellar, Thomson, Davis: undoubtedly our five best players this season.

Yet if you believe all the rumours that have been flying around then it might only be Thomson that is still with us come the end of the Summer transfer market.

It seems that by being successful we are casuing our own problmes, after all success does lead to interest and speculation.

Until The Premiership implodes, which I believe it will, is this what we are going to be resigned to every few months: constant worry, speculation and doubts from sections of our support about how long our best players are actually going to stay with us before a big fat wage increase is waved in front of them or a few million dangled infront of our estemed chairman?

It's a horrible situation to be, especially when you can seriously question if the clubs that these players are being linked with, your Blackburns, Tottenhams, Newcastles and Middlesbroughs are actually anyway near as prestigous as we are.

I know I would sleep far easier at night if our powers that be placed a massive "not for sale" sign around our better players necks and stuck by it.

However what are the chances of that happening.............

I know I would sleep far easier at night if our powers that be placed a massive "not for sale" sign around our better players necks and stuck by it.

The chances of this happening have increased in the latter half of this season, in my opinion. Murray has seen what success in Europe can bring, both financially and in terms of buzz/prestige/atmosphere around the club. Hopefully he can see that we need good players to keep this up, and that we are a better prospect for him to sell if we have the good players and European prestige.

We MUST keep Cuellar and McGregor. Thomson and Davis are also good players, but not ones we couldn't live without, so I could understand if the chairman accepted GOOD bids for Thomson, and the Davis situation is largely in his own hands.

Have Davis and Thomson done more for us over the season than Weir and Ferguson?

If English clubs bid what by our present standards is silly money, as Spurs did for Hutton. it's very difficult for us to turn down.

The price of success in a small league.

Watch the bids fly in this summer for McGregor,Cuellar,Thomson,Cousin(if Fulham go down)....Maybe even Papac,Hemdani,Darche and Burke.

But we've still got Adam and Broadfoot to build upon next season

The price of success in a small league.

Watch the bids fly in this summer for McGregor,Cuellar,Thomson,Cousin(if Fulham go down)....Maybe even Papac,Hemdani,Darche and Burke.

But we've still got Adam and Broadfoot to build upon next season

:lol:

The chances of this happening have increased in the latter half of this season, in my opinion. Murray has seen what success in Europe can bring, both financially and in terms of buzz/prestige/atmosphere around the club. Hopefully he can see that we need good players to keep this up, and that we are a better prospect for him to sell if we have the good players and European prestige.

We MUST keep Cuellar and McGregor. Thomson and Davis are also good players, but not ones we couldn't live without, so I could understand if the chairman accepted GOOD bids for Thomson, and the Davis situation is largely in his own hands.

Yup, said this in an earlier thread today. We need to keep these guys.

i would like some people to support the team and all the players walter picks the team and not one of us could do the job as well as him so back off and leave the players alone

Err not surewhy you said this - but WELL SAID THAT MAN!

Hopefully we will soon be out of debt or down to a manageable level that will allow for sustained progress, then we will be in a better position to tell shite like Newcastle and the others to take their money and fuck off back to "the bestest league ever and ever".