Barry Ferguson

Well i'm going to say it, Barry has been under par this season and at times has been downright poor.

The 3-0 OF game apart and arguably the Bremen game are the only times he has performed to the levels we have come to expect from Mr Rangers (no sarcasm).

He's obviously struggling to find any sort of form regardless of injury, which considering the way Barry plays lately ie coming deep and taking it off other midfielders rather than our defenders, is stifling our midfield.

Barry has been and always will be a legend in my eyes and over the years has epitomised what playing for Rangers FC should be about, but he either needs to stand down and sort whatever injury he has, or somehow raise himself to his previous heights. We need a leader at this crucial time more than we've done for a long long while.

:unionflag:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is ridiculous - we cannot have one bad night in 5 months without people getting personal? Give it a feckin rest. We are all Bears here so treat people with civility. We are not the mhanks so do not behave like them.

Having said that - on thread - Barry was awful tonight and has been poor since the turn of the year. Not the only one - you can add L McCulloch, Whittaker and JCD too although the last two have had their odd spark of brillance at times.

we have had more than one bad night , just that tonight we didnt have our usual good luck.

2. and weir has been poor for the last 5 or 6 games not up to his usual standard anyway.

and also feel that barry hasnt been performing to his usual standards for a majority of the season.

Well i'm going to say it, Barry has been under par this season and at times has been downright poor.

The 3-0 OF game apart and arguably the Bremen game are the only times he has performed to the levels we have come to expect from Mr Rangers (no sarcasm).

He's obviously struggling to find any sort of form regardless of injury, which considering the way Barry plays lately ie coming deep and taking it off other midfielders rather than our defenders, is stifling our midfield.

Barry has been and always will be a legend in my eyes and over the years has epitomised what playing for Rangers FC should be about, but he either needs to stand down and sort whatever injury he has, or somehow raise himself to his previous heights. We need a leader at this crucial time more than we've done for a long long while.

:unionflag:

give that man a medal

we said good sir.

What a crap post - Barry is so bad that Rangers are still on track for a quad. Thats real shite leadership for you. Being captain is about your overall contribution - play - leadership - ability to drive others around you. Barry is a LONG way from being our worst palyer and as for leadeership and drive - just look at where we are with him as captain.

Get behind your captain, the team and the management and do YOUR bit to drive the league home to where it belongs - IBROX Park

This is ridiculous - we cannot have one bad night in 5 months without people getting personal? Give it a feckin rest. We are all Bears here so treat people with civility. We are not the mhanks so do not behave like them.

Having said that - on thread - Barry was awful tonight and has been poor since the turn of the year. Not the only one - you can add L McCulloch, Whittaker and JCD too although the last two have had their odd spark of brillance at times.

Well said mate.

We lost - it hurts - but we can take it - and use it to drive us further on - we will come back stronger - and win the treble if not more.

Have faith.

Come on bears he is rangers through and through look at the end of the game he would have fought the whole smeltic team. The man has not had his best season but I would rather have him in the team than out of it!!!! Up the Bazza!!!!!!

What a crap post - Barry is so bad that Rangers are still on track for a quad. Thats real shite leadership for you. Being captain is about your overall contribution - play - leadership - ability to drive others around you. Barry is a LONG way from being our worst palyer and as for leadeership and drive - just look at where we are with him as captain.

Get behind your captain, the team and the management and do YOUR bit to drive the league home to where it belongs - IBROX Park

its called opinion mate everyone has a different one, doesn't make him right or wrong or you for that matter.

we all know how well barry CAN play and he is nowhere near these standards in the last few months.

Ferguson has 12 domestic assists this season, the most he has ever got in the SPL and I don't think it's a coincidence that he has achieved this in the season that he has been asked to play a more advanced role and support the strikers whenever possible.

We are used to seeing Ferguson sitting 20 yards deeper, where he has time and space to put his foot on the ball look up and make sure we create a chance or retain possession, and he himself is used to doing that so he often drops off anyway and in the process leaves a gaping hole where he should be and an isoltated striker.

He's been playing a role which isn't best suited to his game while carrying an injury and yet he still has the most assists in our entire team.

Ferguson hasn't had a bad season, it's just been different from the norm.

He has been pish all season.It comes out in press he has an injury but admit it bears he is a shadow of the player he was.If his injury was that bad he'd be OUT.Captain or not S.Davis has taken his mantle & he dizny like it.If yer that bad Baz-get yourself sorted.

He is a shadow of the player he once was for a reason, he is being asked to play out of position !!

Ferguson is NOT an attacking midfielder, neither is he a box to box midfielder (never has been), Advocaat would never had asked Fergie to play so far forward, under him Fergie was told to sit infront of the back 4 and controll the game (his best position). Asking a 30 year old player to go box to box when this has NEVER suited his game (even when he was younger) is bound to have an effect on his form, granted the injury doesnt help either.

He is a shadow of the player he once was for a reason, he is being asked to play out of position !!

Ferguson is NOT an attacking midfielder, neither is he a box to box midfielder (never has been), Advocaat would never had asked Fergie to play so far forward, under him Fergie was told to sit infront of the back 4 and controll the game (his best position). Asking a 30 year old player to go box to box when this has NEVER suited his game (even when he was younger) is bound to have an effect on his form, granted the injury doesnt help either.

For once I agree with you (tu):lol:

For once I agree with you (tu):lol:

Hahahaha there is a first for everything Dado !!

Wiser heads on this topic and perhaps on the forum required, post last night's match. Well said nvager !

A sign of division is when we start taking pot shots at each other and deriding one another. We all should stand by the same flag, whether on the up, or a blip. There will be nobody more annoyed with the outcome of last evening than Barry Ferguson and yes, he can up his performance. Sometimes, so sweet can the sures of adversity be.

I am saddened by the doom and gloom on here, amongst some. Cast your minds back to one week ago, the gloomsters were then on a high. In football, like business or leadership you cannot conceivably have everything your way. In the latter, I have been there !

The litmus test is how one reacts to the low and come back fighting - without emotion, but with strength, will, commitment, focus and drive.

We will prevail, but, what we cannot have is foolish dissention in the ranks - that undermines, and just imagine if our players in the dressing room expressed similar views ?

Let's move on, assess what we need to do (we will) and progress together. We have a very good management team and they like us are pleasantly surprised where we are in terms of development and progress this year. We will get better and so will Barry and others rise to the challenge, otherwise, they will always have doubts about their abilities / capabilities. They are professional and they will be back, however, we need to provide the 110% support and backing (even more) from now on.

Together, we achieve more !

Guest Andypendek

history tells us that under smith, when we faced a double header against 'them', we very often fell flat first time around, only to use that defeat as a spur to gain revenge the next time around. i think especially of when they beat us in the league at ibrox,that fat slob nicholas even scored, and we used the sound of their celebrating to ensure that we won the cup game the next midweek.

the advantage of having a dressing room full of scots/bears is that they will have heard the other dressing room last night. they will have hurt every bit as much as some of us did (i confess to being so confident of final victory, last night seems like a blip rather than the usual shot to the heart of an OF loss) and the management team know how to use that pain to best advantage. BF is no different, in fact he perhaps epitomises this culture - the fact that the game is so soon is another bonus.

playing poorly last night may turn out to be the best motivation barry could ever get.

history tells us that under smith, when we faced a double header against 'them', we very often fell flat first time around, only to use that defeat as a spur to gain revenge the next time around. i think especially of when they beat us in the league at ibrox,that fat slob nicholas even scored, and we used the sound of their celebrating to ensure that we won the cup game the next midweek.

the advantage of having a dressing room full of scots/bears is that they will have heard the other dressing room last night. they will have hurt every bit as much as some of us did (i confess to being so confident of final victory, last night seems like a blip rather than the usual shot to the heart of an OF loss) and the management team know how to use that pain to best advantage. BF is no different, in fact he perhaps epitomises this culture - the fact that the game is so soon is another bonus.

playing poorly last night may turn out to be the best motivation barry could ever get.

Good post mate (tu)

I cannot believe there are some fans on here saying this about barry he is our captain and led the team and weard that armband with pride he is our driving force and we look to him to help us out even injured and he wants to drive rangers to every success this is the player we want we lose 1 game and now lets point fingers you guys are not real fans

i was there last night and although we did not win we still sung out hearts out at the end this is our title come on we are rangers 1 defeat in 6 month lets have another 6 and the whole team leading the way

WATP

i think its down to us having such a high expectation of barry

this season has been poor compaired to what we are used to and expect of him

hes apparently playing with an injury, the last few weeks hes been slightly off pace, i personally would much rather he puts the club 1st and lets them know when he needs a rest for a week or so than continue to put in below par performances

i am a fan, but i think recently hes suffered

imo, when ferguson doesn`t play theres a bareness about the team. Any team that plays rangers without fregie in the squad see that as a big advantage.

His presence alone can make a big difference to the players around him and on the opposite team and i for one would alwasys have him in the squad.