RST Call for Meeting with Lawwell and Police

Frankie

I wonder if he has the decency to face up and address this issue Frankie. We shall see.

Two words my friend.

Deflect. Deny.

I can see it now.

Lawwell : Aye a jumbo jet dropped a mobile phone and coins on the ground during the game as it was flying overhead :lol:

Tin helmet on:

I read the article in the Record reporting on what RST and DavidEdgar said and just find it WRONG, Dispropotianate, short sighted and embarrasing.

Calling for an old firm game to be played behind closed doors just makes us look weak and ignorant and in particular the fact that Barry Robson was also hit with something chucked from our own support and trying to use that as part justification for a closed door game is just stupid and undignified.

If RST want to highlight the coin throwing at our Doctor a simple call for the authorities to investigate would have been far more dignified and proportinate. This statement will just fuel the paranoia that the 'Authorities' are against us and it will weaken the RST because it was NOT proportianate and the RST will get leass of an audience in the future.

Tin helmet on:

I read the article in the Record reporting on what RST and DavidEdgar said and just find it WRONG, Dispropotianate, short sighted and embarrasing.

Calling for an old firm game to be played behind closed doors just makes us look weak and ignorant and in particular the fact that Barry Robson was also hit with something chucked from our own support and trying to use that as part justification for a closed door game is just stupid and undignified.

If RST want to highlight the coin throwing at our Doctor a simple call for the authorities to investigate would have been far more dignified and proportinate. This statement will just fuel the paranoia that the 'Authorities' are against us and it will weaken the RST because it was NOT proportianate and the RST will get leass of an audience in the future.

Nonsense.

1. The RST are here to represent our members. Our members want strong action against the football club because they feel threatened whenever they attend this stadium. It's unsafe. We were asked to comment by various media platforms and did so honestly, openly and in a balanced fashion.

2. Barry Robson was NOT - I repeat NOT - hit with anything. I'm surprised you buy this deflection.

3. Even if he WAS hit with something that still means the stewarding/policing is ineffective.

4. There is nothing stupid and undignified about our supporters standing up for themselves publicly. The only stupid and undignified thing is to let this continual breaches of safety pass without comment.

Barry Robson wasn't hit with anything. From what I hear one of those tifo tapes didn't open and had landed near where he was.

100% correct.

Ronnie Cully was forced to change his version of events yesterday in that regard.

I think its just about Celtic taking responsibility for the behaviour of their fans. They must address the issue. They dont get that treatment at Ibrox.

Its time for them to act.

Well done the RST :clap:

You know what I find bizarre.

Some people, such as the confused chap above, are always extremely eager to suggest we ignore media coverage and what other people say about us. It's not important we're told.

Yet, when we are in the media, debating what's important to many Rangers supporters, suddenly our fans' perception is extremely important.

At the very least they should be fined and made to install protective netting similar to european clubs.

This is the latest in a catologue of events at CP that they seem to be getting away with.

It's not unreasonable to make a connection between these incidents and the fact the jobless hordes have been on the lash all day prior to the game.

Dunno if i've got the wrong end of the stick with this one boys, but the end paragraph of the daily express article worried me a wee bit

SPL officials took responsibility for investigating crowd disturbances away from the SFA last year and will study match delegate Alan Dick's report before taking action.

Spokesman Greg Mailer said: “We will have to study the reports of the delegate and match official and, if required, have further talks with the police and the clubs.

“We are aware of incidents within the game, but our delegate is our eyes and ears at the match.â€

SPL bosses will also study Dick's report for any mention of alleged sectarian singing by Rangers fans during the 90 minutes.

Meanwhile, police will take no action against the players involved in a mass brawl at the end nor investigate missile-throwing.

any thoughts ??

any thoughts ??

It's very strange given there was no sectarian singing from our fans but such offensive stuff from the home support late in the game.

Late in the game?

They sang that Artur Borat song throughout the entire game.

any thoughts ??

It's very strange given there was no sectarian singing from our fans but such offensive stuff from the home support late in the game.

Late in the game?

They sang that Artur Borat song throughout the entire game.

Thanks for correcting me Jimenez.... I thought that would be the case but wasn't certain.

I was watching the game at a mates house and we heard little of the singing during it.

any thoughts ??

Surely this is a lie, if the Daily Express said it it must be true, right Bluepeter9 ?

Must be our paranoia.

Dunno if i've got the wrong end of the stick with this one boys, but the end paragraph of the daily express article worried me a wee bit

SPL officials took responsibility for investigating crowd disturbances away from the SFA last year and will study match delegate Alan Dick's report before taking action.

Spokesman Greg Mailer said: “We will have to study the reports of the delegate and match official and, if required, have further talks with the police and the clubs.

“We are aware of incidents within the game, but our delegate is our eyes and ears at the match.â€

SPL bosses will also study Dick's report for any mention of alleged sectarian singing by Rangers fans during the 90 minutes.

Meanwhile, police will take no action against the players involved in a mass brawl at the end nor investigate missile-throwing.

any thoughts ??

My thoughts are that yet again the slur of sectarianism is thrown at us and the accuser does not even feel the need to justify it ie, say what songs were sung and why they are sectarian.

Power without responsibility is dangerous.

“We are aware of incidents within the game, but our delegate is our eyes and ears at the match.”

any thoughts ??

My thoughts are that yet again the slur of sectarianism is thrown at us and the accuser does not even feel the need to justify it ie, say what songs were sung and why they are sectarian.

Power without responsibility is dangerous.

Agreed (tu)

Seems to me that there is no basis to "alleged sectarian singing," in fact it's not even a quote. It's just put in as speculation by whoever wrote the article. As Manticore says, the slur is there with nothing to back it up. What people will read, though, is "Rangers are also being investigated for sectarian singing." :mad:

It's great that the RST is trying to do something (tu)

The thing that is bothering me WTF are SDM and Bain doing or have i missed something? ;)

Same question could be asked for the past 10 years or so ;)