Internet idiots are drowning out right-thinking Old Firm majority

Eric_Caldow

Again the focus is on the Nakamura banner and hurting the ultra sensitive tims' feelings.

Are you deliberately misreading that? Surely it is exactly the opposite to what you say and the focus is the writer guy is having a go at them for pretending to be upset?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed the Full page apology for the 'bead rattlers" in the Sunday Herald yesterday, when have we ever had a full page apology for some of the downright lies they have printed about us, calling us 'scum' and much worse.

This stems from two men, Bain & Murray, we let the journos get away with far far too much, Liewell on the other hand much as he is a prick, stands his ground for his team.

Ranger's law PR went down the pan when Donald Findlay was forced to resign.

All his own fault.

Well I agree 100% with Daryl Broadfoot. He has hit the nail on the head about both the RST and the way some fans act on this forum.

I liked the line - Clip and counter clip!!

Funny that you would take the side of a journalist over Rangers fans. :rolleyes:

While I am a Rangers fan I have a mind of my own - it anit a them against us thing with me. We have fans whos opinions / actions I totally disagree with (and many I agree with) (I dont like those who were Booing after Sporting Lisbon game or the anti SDM brigade etc.).

Why don't you try thinking for yourself and ask yourself questions about what is right and wrong - make an informed decision about things and then debate them - might be more fun than telling me that I should agree with rangers 'fans' (The collective - as decided by you !! - I think NOT).

I have tried debating with you but you won't answer any of my posts on the other thread. You are more inclined to make up things such as saying that Robson got hit with a missile, suggesting that a paper cup with ice in it was thrown at Ibrox, suggesting that the RST do not care about fans' safety. You have not justified any of these claims in any way but disappear when challenged on them. See what happens when you think for yourself? You start making thing up.

I know what is right and wrong, and say that you were wrong on all of these.

Bluedell - I may not have answered your questions directly but I did answer them in other replies - directed at you - sorry you missed them. Also PLEASE point out to me a thread ANYWHERE where I suggested (or even hinted) at "suggesting that the RST do not care about fans' safety". On the other thread you called me a liar - now you make stuff up about me ! Mmmmmm!!

Guest Andypendek

all good publicity! in the nature of things, there will be idiots in every walk of life, from the nuclear reactor (worryingly) to the football forum. gosh, i expect they even have one or two in the print media! more chastisement, please! or to put it another way: 'thank you sir may i have another!'

it is a bit worrying to see that nothing much is being done about yet more missile throwing by that mob. plainly only serious injury will cause action to be taken. so be it. those who have failed to act now will have to answer in due course. but yer man's article is not about the game, or what happened during it. it's about how the fans have reacted, and in that regard it is balanced.

if we are holding that article up as an example of bias our perspective has gone haywire.

Bluedell - I may not have answered your questions directly but I did answer them in other replies - directed at you - sorry you missed them. Also PLEASE point out to me a thread ANYWHERE where I suggested (or even hinted) at "suggesting that the RST do not care about fans' safety". On the other thread you called me a liar - now you make stuff up about me ! Mmmmmm!!

You said the following.

I question the RST motives and some other fans they also have the attitude of "I welcome anything that tarnishes the celtic supports false image as TBFITW" - this seems to be the real motivation for the RST and supporters on here. Some may applaud that stance. I don't.

You are claiming that the real motivation for the RST's comments to the press is to tarnish the image of Celtic fans rather than player and fan safety.

The RST have raised fan safety previously, particularly in Stuttgart, which was apparently a potential death-trap and there are other examples. Reports have been submitted to the club to try and improve matters. You may disagree with the RST on issues and approach, but to make comments like that on such an important subject is shameful, in my opinion.

the fact that Barry Robson was also hit with something chucked from our own support

How would you describe this statement?

What was your motivation for saying that and your claim that there may have been ice in a paper cup that was thrown? Sorry if I missed your explanation of these comments. Perhaps you could point me in the right direction of your answers.

You may be a Rangers supporter but you seem to be trying to put the worst possible slant on your fellow bears at times. Perhaps that's not your intention but it comes across as that.

Several people have told me that they were also targeted with coins from Celtic fans and the police did little about it. Even worse was meted out in the areas surrounding the stadium. Crowd trouble has been a continuing issue at Parkhead for years, indeed decades.

They got a 50k fine for the Dallas and other incidents that day. It achieved nothing, thus allowing this problem to fester. Our authorities care less about the safety of football fans, players and officials than they do in not upsetting Mr Lawell and his PR machine or the club they represent.

Maybe they'll finally complete that investigation into who struck Ricksen with a lighter a few years back. That Juan Ghuy really manages to get about, even in the course of just one match.

What makes our doctor being hit with a coin while trying to treat a player an even bigger story than it would otherwise be is the fact that we are back there on Sunday. Broadfoot has chosen to take the cowards way out by pandering to timmy's agenda and putting us (once again) at the centre of the controversy

Wait and see what happens if we pump them.

All hell will break loose and millions will see TGFITW at their best.Yet i doubt whether the SFA or SPL or Record will be watching when it all kicks off.Or if they are it will be Fergies fault for looking at them or Novo for scoring or Someone for being injured.

I assume Darren includes the hordes of on-line conspiracy theorists who are keeping Celtic forums and media phone-in alive with their bile and bigotry :rolleyes:doh ?

Having read the article today, I agree with some points that he's made. The 'Naka Ate My Dog' thing is a classic storm in a Celtic teacup if there ever was one. Let's not forget that Celtic fans had issues singing songs about Paul Gascoigne not so long ago. If DB criticises the 'clipe-for-clipe' (or 'clip for clip', even) then he'd do better to look in the direction of the East End, because this cycle of paranoia was started by Celtic fans spending more time on You Tube rather watching football.

Anyway, I have no issues with RST highlighting the public disorder that is rife at Celtic Park and demanding sanctions be taken against Celtic. If any RST critics think that Celtic would not be demanding the same or even greater sanctions if the coin throwing was at Ibrox? Let's not forget the hysteria surrounding the fixture re-arrangement at the time of Seville. Not a very considered response was it?

Wait and see what happens if we pump them.

All hell will break loose and millions will see TGFITW at their best.Yet i doubt whether the SFA or SPL or Record will be watching when it all kicks off.Or if they are it will be Fergies fault for looking at them or Novo for scoring or Someone for being injured.

TBH a blind eye would be turned to it just as it was in 97

Several people have told me that they were also targeted with coins from Celtic fans and the police did little about it. Even worse was meted out in the areas surrounding the stadium. Crowd trouble has been a continuing issue at Parkhead for years, indeed decades.

They got a 50k fine for the Dallas and other incidents that day. It achieved nothing, thus allowing this problem to fester. Our authorities care less about the safety of football fans, players and officials than they do in not upsetting Mr Lawell and his PR machine or the club they represent.

Maybe they'll finally complete that investigation into who struck Ricksen with a lighter a few years back. That Juan Ghuy really manages to get about, even in the course of just one match.

How dare you suggest Parkhead may be dangerous or that Celtic FC may be benefiting from less than strenuous discipline (or negative publicity) after such events?

Bluedell:

Some excellent points regarding the somewhat less than candid contribution from that user. Interestingly, I believe ex-Celtic player David Provan has suggested the RST are correct to be concerned about the situation at Parkhead and agrees the closure of the stadium may be the only action which might cause Celtic and their supporters to take positive work in this regard.

I wonder if he's an RST member or is he just trying to tarnish the name of his former club (and fellow fans)?

frankie, if davie provan is agreeing with you, you're doing something wrong!!!

Normally I wouldn't argue with that but you will concede it's an interesting point for me to make.

As has been said several times (including Edgar on RR) stadium closure was never really going to be the workable solution to the problems at Parkhead. However, the definite wrong thing to do is ignore the issue and/or not be willing to examine our club's safety in these games.

For anyone to take issue with that is simply bizarre - doesn't matter if you're BP9, Broadfoot or Spiers. Now there's a trio whose opinion one definitely wouldn't want to share... ;)

frankie, if davie provan is agreeing with you, you're doing something wrong!!!

Normally I wouldn't argue with that but you will concede it's an interesting point for me to make.

As has been said several times (including Edgar on RR) stadium closure was never really going to be the workable solution to the problems at Parkhead. However, the definite wrong thing to do is ignore the issue and/or not be willing to examine our club's safety in these games.

For anyone to take issue with that is simply bizarre - doesn't matter if you're BP9, Broadfoot or Spiers. Now there's a trio whose opinion one definitely wouldn't want to share... ;)

gutter press has been rife with pond life from day on simple answer dont buy it

all good publicity! in the nature of things, there will be idiots in every walk of life, from the nuclear reactor (worryingly) to the football forum. gosh, i expect they even have one or two in the print media! more chastisement, please! or to put it another way: 'thank you sir may i have another!'

it is a bit worrying to see that nothing much is being done about yet more missile throwing by that mob. plainly only serious injury will cause action to be taken. so be it. those who have failed to act now will have to answer in due course. but yer man's article is not about the game, or what happened during it. it's about how the fans have reacted, and in that regard it is balanced.

if we are holding that article up as an example of bias our perspective has gone haywire.

My issue with this is to what the fans are reacting. Are you suggesting that the Celtc fans' reaction to a banner (which shows little knowledge about Far East cuisine :)) is comparable with Rangers fans' reaction to real, serious safety concerns, for fans and players?

He is comparing one set of fans' reactions to a banner, to one set's reaction to coin/mobile throwing (mobile, what mobile? :unsure:), on a seemingly like for like basis. This does not show balance, for me, unless he is suggesting that the banner and the crowd trouble are similar levels of offence.

My issue with this is to what the fans are reacting. Are you suggesting that the Celtc fans' reaction to a banner (which shows little knowledge about Far East cuisine :)) is comparable with Rangers fans' reaction to real, serious safety concerns, for fans and players?

He is comparing one set of fans' reactions to a banner, to one set's reaction to coin/mobile throwing (mobile, what mobile? :unsure:), on a seemingly like for like basis. This does not show balance, for me, unless he is suggesting that the banner and the crowd trouble are similar levels of offence.

A perceptive analysis of the article... (tu)

I agree with Andy that this one is hardly something of great concern but all too often these journalists show little genuine investigative skills when addressing the subject. Perhaps that can account for the blurred line between genuine concern for balance and simple poor quality journalism.

During a debate on Newsnight Scotland last year, the presenters and guests discussed a new book and talked about how some Rangers songs such as DW or the Sash could be sectarian. Do you know the Celtic song they raised for comparison? 'You are my Larsson'. I mean several songs about the IRA and h*** to choose from and they choose a harmless song about a player that had left the previous season....

This from supposedly the BBC's serious news branch. :D

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines...rm_majority.php

THE internet age has spawned a new strain of Old Firm idiocy. Untraceable and unaccountable, this is the evolution of the bampot. They are more to be pitied than laughed at, but should not be underestimated and still represent the greatest turn-off in a potentially classic climax to the Clydesdale Bank Premier League season.

Rangers and Celtic deserve unstinting praise for their initiatives to eradicate bigoted and discriminatory behaviour at Ibrox and Celtic Park. They are powerless to prevent the rise of the log-on looney. The intelligent, reasoned follower of Old Firm fortunes has suffered the indignity of having clear, concise and cerebral arguments drowned out by feverish and irrational proclamations from the forum dwellers.

Last week invited the full gamut of ungraciousness. Forget the thrilling sight of Shunsuke Nakamura's banana shot bending beyond Allan McGregor. Never mind Nacho Novo's scampering run and finish. A collector's item in Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink's winner against Rangers? Pah. Instead, newspapers, phone-ins and the labyrinth of unofficial websites have been bombarded with clipe and counter-clipe. Celtic Park should be closed down after a coin was thrown at the Rangers doctor, Paul Jackson. Never mind punishing the perpetrator of the cowardly act, just shut the place down will you, Mr Lawwell?

Sir David Murray should apparently be hauled before the United Nations for not preventing a banner being unfurled inside Parkhead that declared Nakamura Ate My Dog. At the very least, economic sanctions should be imposed on the club, as well as their supporters being forced to sit a compulsory HND in Far Eastern Dietary Customs.

Are we really to believe that these macho men, many of whom endure the pain of political' tattoos on their forearms, are actually sensitive souls who simply cannot abide such offensive behaviour?

Please.

There is a serious point to this. The Rangers Supporters' Trust, the most vocal of the club's many fractured fans' groups, have released a statement in support of Celtic Park being closed. It is a dangerous development that serves only to discredit the Trust by pandering to the lowest common denominator. Not only do the fanzine brigade have a platform but they have been given encouragement by an organisation who should know better than to entertain them.

On Thursday night, a radio phone-in that is an established and esteemed microcosm of Old Firm fervour was dedicated not to the changing face of the championship race but to the hidden meaning behind Nakamura Ate My Dog. Racist, discriminatory, the SFA must act was the gist. Are we to assume Celtic's sublimely gifted and profoundly intelligent midfielder has endured sleepless nights over a banner that is not only inaccurate but, given his limited grasp of English, probably lost on him?

Do we even have to point out that Japanese don't eat dog meat?

A clear distinction must be drawn between real Old Firm supporters and the plankton who contribute nothing but embarrassment to their respective clubs. The right-minded majority have had their thought-provoking opinions drowned out by a tedious din from those who seek a form of internet-driven infamy; the kind who have taken to inconveniencing UEFA every Monday morning with their pathetic reel of YouTube one-upmanship.

Fighting in the electronic ether is preferable to fighting on the streets but this absorbing season is in danger of being spoiled by the moral crusaders for whom confrontation on the pitch is peripheral to point-scoring on the web.

AND ANOTHER THING . . .

ANOTHER Hearts annual meeting, another laughable defence from the Romanovs. The club's failure to reach the top six is nothing to do with the meddling of Vladimir, or the flimsy chairmanship of young Roman. Of course not. It's the referees with their Old Firm agendas. Finding a new manager was also revealed to have been a difficult process. Really? Did they expect a queue of reputable, self-respecting coaches tripping over each other to inherit this bloated, shambling squad without guarantees of autonomy?

I propose a toast to free speech!

May our confounded media be forever defeated by the powers of free speech. Traynor , Speirs and the above specimen have enough vomit between them to make being a True Blue some fun for a while yet ...