Internet idiots are drowning out right-thinking Old Firm majority

Eric_Caldow

A majot talking point of the beggars game is the staff of Rangers football club being attacked while doing their job...something that would be blazoned over every newspaper if it happened at Ibrox.So in that respect the RST were correct.

As far as going on about why we got beat or tactics then we know why we got beat and the tactics were correct just the players didn't show up for the first half.Cuellar walked for handball and Whittaker failed to cut out a cross and no-one shut down Nakamura..there that's that bit sorted.

Why is it tittle tattle when we have a go at the media in this country and their failure to respond to anything that happens at Celtic park and who constantly twists it into our fault.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely - (dont call me Shirley) - Surely the biggest talking point about the Celtic game was why did we get beat? Or was it a good game? or Did we deserve to lose? or should we have played 4-4-2 from the start? or Should Carlos be our reserve keeper? - I can think of lost of points to talk about at the Celtic game that are more important to us, the rangers support, than the titlle-tattle clipping about Celtic fans behavior. Surely those are bigger points!

I doubt I am in the minority on this - but on this board that may be true.

That's a very ignorant thing to say, with all due respect. If you have a look on this board, you will see a LOT of threads discussing the talking points you have suggested. Should the RST have issued a statement saying "We, the Rangers Supporters Trust, feel that Walter should have played 4-4-2." <cr> No, of course not.

Are you suggesting we shouldn't speak about the behaviour of the Celtc fans? <cr> I would hope not, but I think that's exactly what you're suggesting.

Bluepeter9, you truly are ignorant.

If nothing happened at CP then yes, the main talk of the day would be why we lost, whose fault it was,...

But the fact that you are even TRYING to downplay the incidents of that day baffle me.

I for one find it more than normal to question the security at the tattie dome and to get angry about coins and mobile phones being thrown on the pitch.

Well I agree 100% with Daryl Broadfoot. He has hit the nail on the head about both the RST and the way some fans act on this forum.

I liked the line - Clip and counter clip!!

would expect nothing else from a bampot like you. :rolleyes:

Surely - (dont call me Shirley) - Surely the biggest talking point about the Celtic game was why did we get beat? Or was it a good game? or Did we deserve to lose? or should we have played 4-4-2 from the start? or Should Carlos be our reserve keeper? - I can think of lost of points to talk about at the Celtic game that are more important to us, the rangers support, than the titlle-tattle clipping about Celtic fans behavior. Surely those are bigger points!

That's a very ignorant thing to say, with all due respect. If you have a look on this board, you will see a LOT of threads discussing the talking points you have suggested. Should the RST have issued a statement saying "We, the Rangers Supporters Trust, feel that Walter should have played 4-4-2." <cr> No, of course not.

Are you suggesting we shouldn't speak about the behaviour of the Celtc fans? <cr> I would hope not, but I think that's exactly what you're suggesting.

BP - I am just responding to the whether the coin throwing was the biggest talking point - I dont think it was or is! I didnt say we shouldn't debate what Celtic fans did or didn't do (although I dont think we should to the extent we have) but IMO it was NOT the BIGGEST talking point. Which is what I said in my post.

BP - I am just responding to the whether the coin throwing was the biggest talking point - I dont think it was or is! I didnt say we shouldn't debate what Celtic fans did or didn't do (although I dont think we should to the extent we have) but IMO it was NOT the BIGGEST talking point. Which is what I said in my post.

And in that, I almost agree with you (again :baffled:). The implication of your post is that we should not be talking about the Celtc fans, we should be discussing the other things. I pointed out that we are, but are also discussing the fan's behaviour.

Had the RST issued a statement about tactics, Carlos' abilities as a reserve keeper, etc. they would have got no coverage, and rightly so. The only issue the RST can realistically bring up in the media, in this case, is the appalling behaviour of TGFITW.

So, although on here it shouldn't be (and isn't, count the threads) the main talking point, it is certainly worth discussing, and is certainly worth the RST (and everyone else in my opinion) asking for action to be taken. I don't think the ground should be closed, but I don't think the RST do either. We always ask for more than we expect in negotiations (I know this isn't a negotiation, but you get the analogy), and bargain till we get a result. If Celtc are fined and exposed for their fans' behaviour, I'm sure the RST (and everyone else) would be delighted.

Well I agree 100% with Daryl Broadfoot. He has hit the nail on the head about both the RST and the way some fans act on this forum.

Funny that you would take the side of a journalist over Rangers fans. :rolleyes:

While I am a Rangers fan I have a mind of my own - it anit a them against us thing with me. We have fans whos opinions / actions I totally disagree with (and many I agree with) (I dont like those who were Booing after Sporting Lisbon game or the anti SDM brigade etc.).

Why don't you try thinking for yourself and ask yourself questions about what is right and wrong - make an informed decision about things and then debate them - might be more fun than telling me that I should agree with rangers 'fans' (The collective - as decided by you !! - I think NOT).

I have tried debating with you but you won't answer any of my posts on the other thread. You are more inclined to make up things such as saying that Robson got hit with a missile, suggesting that a paper cup with ice in it was thrown at Ibrox, suggesting that the RST do not care about fans' safety. You have not justified any of these claims in any way but disappear when challenged on them. See what happens when you think for yourself? You start making thing up.

I know what is right and wrong, and say that you were wrong on all of these.

You are very much in the minority my friend.

No matter what you think about the RST, the biggest talking point about the last scumtic game should be the missile throwing surely?

Once again though, the mhedia are trying in vain to have this swept under the carpet like every other incident that has happened at the San Giro.

A guy runs on the park and slaps Dida but the mhedia focus on him going down too easy. Novo has a mobile thrown at him and Alan Rough tries to justify it by saying he had been winding up the hooped hordes. A coin was thrown at the Rangers doctor but instead the mhedia focus entirely on the words of the RST.

It's a joke and makes me sick.

The fact that the safety of the fans, players and officials is not of a prime concern says a lot about you.

Fuck off back to South Armagh or wherever you're really from.

Presumably you think this article is balanced vis-à-vis the two Clubs, yes?

Give it a rest. There wouldn't be much chat on this forum if we all agreed.

He's entitled to his opinion

Why don't you try thinking for yourself and ask yourself questions about what is right and wrong

It doesn't take much thinking to work out that throwing missiles at a Football match is wrong, as is throwing bricks at a bus.

Not for me anyway.

Not if he's a taig he's no

His opinion appears too be that if WE complain about our people being assaulted, it is US who are causing trouble.

No balance whatsoever. We have to take everything that is thrown at us (literally) & because the RST was not BP9s idea in the first place, HE decides that its good work is worthless. The lady doth protest too much.

His vhiews would fit in a lot bhetter on another fhorum if yhou ghet mhy mheaning.

(tu)

I think Broadfoot is a bit of a tool. Not the worst, just annoys me, particularly when I've heard him on the radio.

I think this article is balanced enough though, if that's what we're assessing here. Has a pop at a section of the Old Firm 'internet supporters'. Us for asking for a full closure of the stadium (a fair number on here said it was a step too far, although understood the 'shock tactics' used for publicity) and them for getting their knickers in an unnecessary twist over the Nakamura banner.

You are very much in the minority my friend.

No matter what you think about the RST, the biggest talking point about the last scumtic game should be the missile throwing surely?

Once again though, the mhedia are trying in vain to have this swept under the carpet like every other incident that has happened at the San Giro.

A guy runs on the park and slaps Dida but the mhedia focus on him going down too easy. Novo has a mobile thrown at him and Alan Rough tries to justify it by saying he had been winding up the hooped hordes. A coin was thrown at the Rangers doctor but instead the mhedia focus entirely on the words of the RST.

It's a joke and makes me sick.

No I can assure you, you are in the minority of every Rangers board being obviously a journo and by you trying to ignore the great unwashed despicable behavior and snide remarks about Cuellar you are timmy ? Who knows ? But I reckon you are in a newspaper office right now trying to think of your next pathetic and what you think is a controversial reply probably with a litte help from other jhournos. Who knows who cares ? :sherlock:

On a side note:

Shunsuke Nakamura's banana

Celtc's sublimely gifted and profoundly intelligent midfielder

D'you think Broadballs is going for this years 'Grahame Speirs' Award for contributions to homo-erotic writing'?

On a side note:

Shunsuke Nakamura's banana

Celtc's sublimely gifted and profoundly intelligent midfielder

D'you think Broadballs is going for this years 'Grahame Speirs' Award for contributions to homo-erotic writing'?

He's scared from them somewhere along the line they have got to him, I know for a fact when o'neill was here he wrote something about him that the blessed martin didn't like and he was summoned to the phiggery and he was chaperoned there by none other than keevins. o'neill gave him a goin over in the company of keevins and he's never been the same since ! :sherlock:

I noticed the Full page apology for the 'bead rattlers" in the Sunday Herald yesterday, when have we ever had a full page apology for some of the downright lies they have printed about us, calling us 'scum' and much worse.

This stems from two men, Bain & Murray, we let the journos get away with far far too much, Liewell on the other hand much as he is a prick, stands his ground for his team.

I know one thing: nobody has ever lost an eye by having The Sash sung at them.

Never a truer word spoken.

His vhiews would fit in a lot bhetter on another fhorum if yhou ghet mhy mheaning.

Ok, NOW never a truer word spoken.

He's only trying to keep himself sweet with the likes of keevins and radio clyde for job openings, a Bluenose too but scared of them. :sherlock:

(tu)

Again the focus is on the Nakamura banner and hurting the ultra sensitive tims' feelings. I think Broadfoot is a bit unfair on the RST's calls to shut down Parkhead, he doesn't give much reason to why they would justify this.

Unfortunatly being an OF journo would be very hard, and I'm pretty sure Broadfoot could have extended this to a 10k word essay.

Dissappointed with this article, he's usually very level headed.

I noticed the Full page apology for the 'bead rattlers" in the Sunday Herald yesterday, when have we ever had a full page apology for some of the downright lies they have printed about us, calling us 'scum' and much worse.

This stems from two men, Bain & Murray, we let the journos get away with far far too much, Liewell on the other hand much as he is a prick, stands his ground for his team.

Ranger's law PR went down the pan when Donald Findlay was forced to resign.