Smith's best signing

Danny

Maybe this is a bad time to ask, given we're all emotional after last night, but who do you think his best signing for Rangers has been?

The usual top contenders are of course Laudrup, Gazza etc - but has Carlos elevated himself as high as these legends before the season is even out?

He cost the same as Laudrup, and is having the same impact Laudrup did albeit obviously in a different position. The stark contrast is Cuellar is doing it in Europe where Laudrup didn't.

Laudrup is my all time hero by a God damn mile, but taking my Dannish tinted specs off, there is a chance Cuellar is at least equal already or maybe eclipsing him...

I've not forgotten about Gazza...

Thoughts?

Michael Mols, that guy is an idol for me and always think of him when i play football.

I hate oliver khan for what he did, and still remember it to this day.

Does anyone have a link to video showing the incident at that game?

Walter Smith didn't sign Mols.

Michael Mols, that guy is an idol for me and always think of him when i play football.

I hate oliver khan for what he did, and still remember it to this day.

Does anyone have a link to video showing the incident at that game?

:rolleyes:

It's nigh impossible to compare the value of a signing when one is an attacker and the other a defender.

Carlos Cuellar has, however, been a masterful signing by any standards. But, then, so has Davie Weir!

In Walt We trust :rangers:

Maybe this is a bad time to ask, given we're all emotional after last night, but who do you think his best signing for Rangers has been?

The usual top contenders are of course Laudrup, Gazza etc - but has Carlos elevated himself as high as these legends before the season is even out?

He cost the same as Laudrup, and is having the same impact Laudrup did albeit obviously in a different position. The stark contrast is Cuellar is doing it in Europe where Laudrup didn't.

Laudrup is my all time hero by a God damn mile, but taking my Dannish tinted specs off, there is a chance Cuellar is at least equal already or maybe eclipsing him...

I've not forgotten about Gazza...

Thoughts?

I'd say Brian Laudrup still but Cuellar is a bolt out the blue and not far behind. Amazing to think that by the time this season finishes he'll be less than a dozen appearances behind Gascoigne's total for Rangers.

Marco negri 36 goals he had in half a season just wonder what ever happend to him :(..

bt i think cuellar has without a shaddow af a doubt been watties best signing

IN WALT WE TRUST :D

Got to be Cuellar. Carried us through in so many matches and depend on him far too much.

Other legends had better players playing with them and for that alone its got to be the King.

Cuellar ain't in Gazza or Laudrup's league yet. Rino would probably be considered the best signing by people who don't follow the club.

Rino was just a boy though, didn't really do much for us but has gone onto paly a major part in Italian Football.