If Clement goes......

The Beast

I like Clement and personally wouldn't sell him for less than ?2.5m.

Davies is a good midfielder but i think Wattie would go for Brown,but looking at Everton why are we looking at McCulloch of Wigan when it's obvious Beattie looks like he could be on his way out and reports suggest ?3m.

Surely we can afford that and a good replacement for Dado who looks like he will struggle to get to May.

I like Clement and personally wouldn't sell him for less than ?2.5m.

Davies is a good midfielder but i think Wattie would go for Brown,but looking at Everton why are we looking at McCulloch of Wigan when it's obvious Beattie looks like he could be on his way out and reports suggest ?3m.

Surely we can afford that and a good replacement for Dado who looks like he will struggle to get to May.

McCulloch's more likely as he's played under Smith and available for less (think i saw between ?1-1.5m being quoted).

Think the majority of players that are likely to move to Rangers will be Scottish as that is what Smith will have been looking at mainly over the last few years and I imagine he'll want to stick with players hes seen rather than from the Rangers scouts.

Guest marvsbeliever

how long is clement's contract? 3 years?

I seem to remember thinking it was convenient that a lot of PLGs signings were on three year contract when PLG stated that he was here for three years tops. His contract and others would be due up at exctly the time PLG left. I think the same applied to some ofhis other signings too although I doubt many would be following PLG to his next club if he'd survived.

I'd say that if he's got two years left before being available on a Bosman, 2.5 - 3 is a reasonable figure given the figures banded about in the premiership and even looking at the figures quoted for Brown/Thomson. Do PSG have ANY decent players soon to be free? The could be makeweights in any deal. (I know they are struggling too but might have too many in a certain position. Maybe even a few Centre Halfs as I don't think PLG will need them. ;)

interesting that he is only in for Clement none of the others

You wouldnt expect him to be in Barry would you? <scared>

:lol:

Or Boydy for that matter he cant live without his Monster Munch y'know

Let him go and bring in Thompson. Just as good a player and we would be getting close to a Scottish XI. If not Thompson, mascherano wouldbe available free on loan and wouldn't be a bad move

I think we should just get over this whole Thomson/Brown link. They are both very over rated IMHO. They have made it clear that they want a move to Celtic so let them go there. In a couple of years Fletcher and others such as Shiels will be better all round players then them anyway.

I think the whole Clement issue is bull personally. I predicted that PLG would move for Clement yesterday. However I think that the press are just short on stories and have done this just to sell papers. I mean like the Daily Record has a report in France who would be able to find out PLG's targets doh However if Clement does go we should replace him with a more dynamic midfielder, I have thrown this name around before but my pick would be Lee Hendrie.

Simon Davies is a very, very talented footballer. However his best position is on the wing and we don't really need that at the moment. He also carries the Rangers curse of being rather injury prone.

sell clement and bust the bank for barton - ?5.5m

time for quality players to be introduced gradually as opposed to an influx of diddies

i doubt barton would step down from being a good player in the EPL to join the SPL

and that would be a complete waste imo

sell clement and bust the bank for barton - ?5.5m

time for quality players to be introduced gradually as opposed to an influx of diddies

i doubt barton would step down from being a good player in the EPL to join the SPL

and that would be a complete waste imo

That, and Man City would laugh at a bid of under ?8million for him.

EDIT! Just heard he's got a ?5.5mil release clause. He wouldnt drop down to the SPL though..and Man City must be kicking themselves, he's much better than ?5.5 million.

We should be trying to sign darren fletcher from man utd he's not getting a game and man utd look like there signing another midfielder

Now THERE'S a player!

If only he was willing to come up here.

It would be worth taking a look at Simon Davies, Everton are looking to offload him for ?2-3M.

Agreed - Davies is a decent player and far superior to Clement imo.

Talk about him coming back to London at West Ham.

But yes I would take him to Rangers for ?2m, only prob is Murray wont.

Dont know if he is better than Clemente, he is a good player and I dont want to see him go