Lee McCulloch

BLUEDIGNITY

as a Wigan as well as a Rangers fan I would say yes. He can play upfornt or on the left wing. He is no slouch in terms of getting stuck in and is also pretty decent in the air.

If you consider that PJ sees him as a player to help them get out of the relegation scrap they are in and for only one million i would say yes, without a doubt.

as a Wigan as well as a Rangers fan I would say yes. He can play upfornt or on the left wing. He is no slouch in terms of getting stuck in and is also pretty decent in the air.

If you consider that PJ sees him as a player to help them get out of the relegation scrap they are in and for only one million i would say yes, without a doubt.

'decent in the air'....buy him! We are really weak in the ariel department

would be good cause if Adam begins to lose form,which i think he will as he isnt technically gifted, McCulloch can slot into the left mid, or we could play him upfront,with Dados injury WS must be loking to bring in a quality striker

I think if we get McCulloch and Gow and add that to Webster and Weir then we are in pretty good shape for the rest of the season. I still have a little bit of concern over the RB position because, if my knowledge is correct, Hutton is our only recognised RB with any experience? Lowing is a young player but would you feel confident if he had to fill in at say Celtic Park?

I think we might move for maybe one more player possibly from Kilmarnock or Hibs. I don't think Ally was there last night just to watch some football. I personally can see it being Whittaker, which IMHO is bad move. I have stated the reasons behind this already so I wont gointo it again!

i think he would be a good buy personally.Certainly a better deal than ?1m for andy todd would have been if we had went for him. Ian murray can play at right back i think?? Other than that though we are very short of cover which is a concern. I dont really rate whittaker myself, i would far rather have aaron hughes from aston villa. Good right back but can play anywhere along the back and is good in the air. He has had some outstanding nights for NI where we would have lost 5 or 6 goals easily if it hadnt been for him.

i think he would be a good buy personally.Certainly a better deal than ?1m for andy todd would have been if we had went for him. Ian murray can play at right back i think?? Other than that though we are very short of cover which is a concern. I dont really rate whittaker myself, i would far rather have aaron hughes from aston villa. Good right back but can play anywhere along the back and is good in the air. He has had some outstanding nights for NI where we would have lost 5 or 6 goals easily if it hadnt been for him.

I don't rate Whittaker because he is too attack minded. People say that they want a stronger defence but I don't see how our defence will improve as a unit if he ventures forward every time he can.

He gets caught out whenever Hibs play against a team with pacey wingers. I think that along with the fact that Burke would offer little cover to him menas we would be very weak down that side from a defensive standpoint.

My exact words about Whittaker earlier were:

Whittaker is not a viable option for us IMHO. He is more of a wing back then a full back and often gets caught out whne he is up against a player with pace (the game at Ibrox is a perfect example)

What is the point in trying to improve our defnce if we are going to sign a defender who spends most of a game attacking to opposition. It would be a nightmare. Burke offers little cover to Hutton as it is, so think how easy it would be to attack us down that flank.

I have always rated Hughes. he seems like a hard working defender, who likes a tackle and plays for the shirt. That is the type of defender I want to see at Ibrox. Not some shitty midfielder cum defender who runs up the pitch 40 times a match.

Well the little I have seen of Whittaker he is certainly attack minded...then again so was Arthur Numan and Davie Robertson...some say the best form of defence is attack.

But I havent seen all that much of him so I'll bow to your better judgement. Ta for your comments.

Cant see us going for Hughes though tbh..

But I agree def a position which requires cover at the very least....and if we could get a rb whoo could cross a decent ball....my swearing/frustration level would be greatly reduced !

Well the little I have seen of Whittaker he is certainly attack minded...then again so was Arthur Numan and Davie Robertson...some say the best form of defence is attack.

But I havent seen all that much of him so I'll bow to your better judgement. Ta for your comments.

Cant see us going for Hughes though tbh..

But I agree def a position which requires cover at the very least....and if we could get a rb whoo could cross a decent ball....my swearing/frustration level would be greatly reduced !

I think Whittaker is a talented player and could be an option in the summer or possibly a years time but at this moment in time I think we need to find hard working solid defenders who can help to cut out the silly goals which we are conceding at the moment.

I dont like the look of things at Gers footballwise.The attempted signing of LM is laughable as I think he's shite & a no trick pony.Just a bustling workhorse-If we are really one of Europes top teams we would be wanting hard working cultivated players.All our signings are lump up the park footballers, its so pish.

Could you not have made this point in another LM thread?

He is a good player and IMO is seen as the long term replacement for Prso. As a Wigan fan i can assure you he would be a hit up here. he is good in the air and works hard for the team. The fact that he is a left footed player is another bonus because he will add balance. He has been Wigans second best player behind Baines thi season.

You couldn't have seen that much of him if you condiser that you can't even spell McCulloch :lol:

Could you not have made tghis point in another LM thread?

It would be lost then, my point is I dont want him, not now or ever.When are RFC going to sign decent players, if he was that good other EPL clubs would be in for him & eh!!!!!!--They are not. <nooo> <nooo> <nooo> <nooo> <nooo> <nooo> <nooo> <nooo> <nooo> <nooo>

mcCullough would be a great player for us

He would be an adequate player for us, not great.

Someone said he'd be a replacement for Prso...and I'm assuming they are joking. They both have good points, but Dado's are more skill, beating players, intellegent moving and passing, while McCulloch's are more power and strength.