Rangers distribution of final tickets

tommy2212

this is a point i heard last night on superscore board and i found myself agreeing, it's the way uefa cup final tickets where given out.

1.all travel clubs members - this is my biggest issue - you do not have to be a season ticket holder to be in the travel club... some members have paid there £12 at the start of the season and not been to a single away game.

2. i have no problem with the cccs distribution of tickets because at he end of the day these are the guys that put the most into the club.

ive been a season ticket holder for 3years, before that it was about 10games a season - i went to barca and go to the odd away game but i didnt even have a chance at a ticket.

now the guy next to me season ticket holder for 25year, does not have a credit card or he may well be in the cccs scheme- and he does not have a chance at a ticket.

now take the guy from the travel club (example) - not a season ticket holder - not been to an away game - but he has paid £12 at the start of the season.....yet he gets a ticket by right of the club.

i think the points system for travel club should have been used for this game and i also think 1500 tickets of our allocation should have went to a normal season ticket ballot - cos to not even have a look in is a kick in the baws!

your thoughts?

point 1 if your not a season tkt holder its 25 quid for travel club x 5 years its been going is 125

why did you choose barca to go to and not 1 of the other 8 away games

i think that anyone in the travelclub is entitled to a match ticket as at the start of the season we pay our money to get the chance of a ticket something that 5 years earlier we didnt have to do

in its first year we payed our money got 1 game out of it zizkov so should we have demanded a refund

i know you are upset cause you never got a ticket but dont have a go at the people who at the start of the season put there money up front to be given the chance of a match ticket

point 1 if your not a season tkt holder its 25 quid for travel club x 5 years its been going is 125

why did you choose barca to go to and not 1 of the other 8 away games

i think that anyone in the travelclub is entitled to a match ticket as at the start of the season we pay our money to get the chance of a ticket something that 5 years earlier we didnt have to do

in its first year we payed our money got 1 game out of it zizkov so should we have demanded a refund

i know you are upset cause you never got a ticket but dont have a go at the people who at the start of the season put there money up front to be given the chance of a match ticket

yeah i never got a ticket.........but it's the fact i never even got a chance at one...it's like the lottery you know you'll prob's never win but being in it gives you hope - i never bloody had any hope :rangers:

Had a vague pal that came on the computer last night and asked me if I was going to Manchester to enjoy loyalism and I said no, 'f*ck loyalism, got 2 seats in the north stand and im goin for the rangers'

He then called me jammy and I said 'deserved' to see what he'd say. He then said 'nope' to that. He asked how it was deserved and I'd been to all the home games and spent a lot of money on the Gers this season and he then said 'not deseverd jus cause go to home euro games ! but anyhow

hope u enjoy urself '

I then asked why it wasn't deserved and he said 'well ive been to evey league game tht ive nto had a game

ever euro home game, ever old firm game home n away, been to stuttgart, lyon, lisbon, manchester for 3 days.'

I then answered 'very simple answer, join the travelclub!

ye cannae complain!

id never say id deserve the tickets as much as the travelclub but I still deserve them. fun to listen yr shite tho!

I pay nearly £350 to get priority on things like this, tough'

At the start of the conversation he asked me how I got them and I said it was in the ballot and he asked what that was and then at the end of the conversation he asked 'why £350'? and I said it was my season ticket. I then told him he didn't understand.

Had a vague pal that came on the computer last night and asked me if I was going to Manchester to enjoy loyalism and I said no, 'f*ck loyalism, got 2 seats in the north stand and im goin for the rangers'

He then called me jammy and I said 'deserved' to see what he'd say. He then 'nope' to that. He asked how it was deserved and I'd been to all the home games and spent a lot of money on the Gers this season and he then said 'not deseverd jus cause go to home euro games ! but anyhow

hope u enjoy urself '

I then asked why it wasn't deserved and he said 'well ive been to evey league game tht ive nto had a game

ever euro home game, ever old firm game home n away, been to stuttgart, lyon, lisbon, manchester for 3 days.'

I then answered 'very simple answer, join the travelclub!

ye cannae complain!

id never say id deserve the tickets as much as the travelclub but I still deserve them. fun to listen yr shite tho!

I pay nearly £350 to get priority on things like this, tough'

At the start of the conversation he asked me how I got them and I said it was in the ballot and he asked what that was and then at the end of the conversation he asked 'why £350'? and I said it was my season ticket. I then told him he didn't understand.

I had to read that 1st 2 paragraphs a few times before i got the jist of it. Are you just home after a night out? <cr>

The answer should be simple ALL SEASON TICKETS holders should have been entered into a ballot for the tickets. I have been a season ticket holder for 18 years I am on the CC scheme but didn't tick scottish cup games and was therefore excluded from the ballot. Who would have ticked the boxes in May of last year expecting to get to a UEFA final. The club have messed up on the allocation.

:unionflag:

I think it was very fair!

I go to all games possible, every home game, every away game I get a ticket for, all european games and scottish cup games. I did not pay my £560 (and the rest added on with europe and replays) at the beginning of the season expecting to get to a UEFA cup final. But I still paid it. The fans who pay the money for the majority of the games should deservedly go to the final.

Neiliebear why did you not tick the scottish cup games anyway? I have been to the lesser games, ie partick thistle etc. Fans who go to all games, big or small should be rewarded.

The only bad thing I have to say is the fans who go to the same games as the CCS members should have been included in the ballot. Just because they are not paying through the CCS scheme they should not be punished.

season ticket for £23 and on the CCS for 5 years and no ticket - as you say someone can pay £25 per season for the travel club and get a ticket without going to a game - i put my money up front for 23 years and for the last 5 years i've given them my credit card number and allowed them to take money from as and when required for tickets - thats putting yout money upfront - i don't deserve any special; treatment over and above any other season ticket holder but i do deserve a ticket for the final before any travel club member who has joined and goes to one away game per season.

Fucking gutted

Rangers were dammed no matter how they allocated the tickets. FFS we have 36,000 season ticket holders and only had 13k-17k tickets to distribute.

Only real qualm I have is some in the travel club had never been to a game but got a ticket so perhaps some sort of points system there may have helped. I got 2 tickets cause me and the wife are on the CCS so I am ok, but they were never going to make a distribution that everyone was happy with.

Said this in another thread:

I know some folk are complaining here (and on other threads) that they didn't get a ticket even through the ballot or cause you never ticked a box.

But I can't see a better alternative, can you?

I do sympathise but surely it'd be too time consuming for TO staff to go through each CCS member's loyalty or even if there wasn't a CCS scheme, it'd be worse for the TO staff to look through each 35 or 40k ST holders and see if they deserve it or not or draw it randomly of 40k people and then a fan who only goes for old firm games gets to go for example?

The answer should be simple ALL SEASON TICKETS holders should have been entered into a ballot for the tickets. I have been a season ticket holder for 18 years I am on the CC scheme but didn't tick scottish cup games and was therefore excluded from the ballot. Who would have ticked the boxes in May of last year expecting to get to a UEFA final. The club have messed up on the allocation.

:unionflag:

absolutely, not being on the CCS also makes you miss out on old firm cup finals but i just dont have the finances available to commit to this

I used to go to every game RFC Babe but as the seasons have gone on I have found myself going to home and European games only partly due to work committments.

I am not saying that I should have got a ticket in front of someone else. What I am saying is that no season ticket holder should have been excluded from the ballot. It would not have taken any extra effort to include everyone in the draw. I don't agree that Travel club members should have got a ticket but I would agree that all travel club members who went to the semi should have got a ticket the rest should have been included in a general ballot with all other season ticket holders.I know we have far more fans than tickets but that should not allow some faceless person in Ibrox the ability to exclude season ticket holders.

We all deserve a shot at going to the final. We all contribute and hopefully we will all be happy people on Wednesday night !!

The part that annoys me is that fans who do not go to any games receive a ticket through their "contacts". That really annoys me. True fans do not get a chance for a ticket due to these so called rangers fans. Glory hunters the lot of them.

The part that annoys me is that fans who do not go to any games receive a ticket through their "contacts". That really annoys me. True fans do not get a chance for a ticket due to these so called rangers fans. Glory hunters the lot of them.

Different situations for everyone,

Just because you attened ibrox every week doesnt make you more of a fan than anyone else.