We're Sorry Manchester!

Del

I would like to extend sincere apologies to the Residents and Police of Inner Manchester!

Although there is certain things that could have been prepared better there is no excuse for some Rangers "fans" actions.

Nearly every Rangers Supporter is disgusted by what took place and i know that if we can help in anyway we all would!!

We are the People, do not let these morons tar our proud club and even prouder fans!!

:rangers:

I fear that as well mate but no-one else is standing up for the thousands or other fans that had a great time and never caused any trouble so we might as well stand up for ourselves!!

I'd like to know what the fuck was running through these peoples minds that they felt the need to fight the police?

Sure they were a bit heavy handed but they should never have needed to be in the first place.

The people of manchester were great, and the police up until then seemed great. Really helpful and enjoying the atmosphere.

I'd like to know what the fuck was running through these peoples minds that they felt the need to fight the police?

Sure they were a bit heavy handed but they should never have needed to be in the first place.

The people of manchester were great, and the police up until then seemed great. Really helpful and enjoying the atmosphere.

Agreed!

We met a group of about 4-5 guys that finished work early and they all went and bought Rangers t-shirts and met us about an hour later with a crate of beer! Had a great laugh until it all kicked off and they were picking out the casuals and actual fans...

They said there was tons of Burnley fans running around!

I fear that as well mate but no-one else is standing up for the thousands or other fans that had a great time and never caused any trouble so we might as well stand up for ourselves!!

That's not entirely true, the council spokesman and police chief were both keen to stress that it was a small minority that caused problems and the best part of 150,000 people or more caused them no problem whatsoever and enjoyed a carnival atmosphere.

There were problems with the organisation which nobody is owning up to yet, but as has been said that's no excuse for the actions we have seen.

One thing I am glad about was that it happened in this country, the police in other countries would have taken a different approach and it wouldn't have helped the situation one little bit

Sorry fuck all. This was all pre-planned...they knew all day drinking & last minute changes of plans (ie no screen) was a recipe for violence. They wanted it, all part of their agenda. I know what i witnessed.

Manchester stitched us up, we will get in big trouble & that is EXACTLY what they wanted.

Gerry Donnellan ? Pat Cairney (sp)? Bitter taig bastards working for SinnFein on the quiet.

Fuck them all, they have ruined the biggest sporting day of my life (so far).

As a Manc I have to say that you do not need to apologise - a couple of hundred knobs caused the problems NOT the 99.9% of the genuine Rangers fans

I myself had a GREAT day with you all - even in defeat I never felt threatened or intimidated and I would like to thank ALL those that made it a great day

It is just a shame that the press want to focus on the dispicable behaviour of a tiny minority and not the fantastic behaviour of the vast majority - but then again well behaved fans dont make good reading so I should not be surprised

I would like to extend sincere apologies to the Residents and Police of Inner Manchester!

Although there is certain things that could have been prepared better there is no excuse for some Rangers "fans" actions.

Nearly every Rangers Supporter is disgusted by what took place and i know that if we can help in anyway we all would!!

We are the People, do not let these morons tar our proud club and even prouder fans!!

I agree 100%

sorry Manchester :(

Guest Andypendek

the foreign police bit is a good point - this has totally fucked it up from now on. as soon as you get off the plane next year the cops will be swinging the batons and the bevvy will be a no-go. i reckon we'll be suffering from this for years, no matter how many DIDN'T do anything wrong.

Our fans were only one part of the problem.

The police and organisers have to take equal responsibility here. Manchester simply did not have the infrastructure in place to cope with this.

I don't think this problem is unique to Rangers. I think if say Scotland reached a major championship final, held in England, and the same thing happened, then you would witness similar scenes.

It was shameful though. I was mortified walking down the street last night seeing glass everywhere, shop windows kicked in, cars bashed, etc.

Euro 96?!?

Sorry fuck all. This was all pre-planned...they knew all day drinking & last minute changes of plans (ie no screen) was a recipe for violence. They wanted it, all part of their agenda. I know what i witnessed.

Manchester stitched us up, we will get in big trouble & that is EXACTLY what they wanted.

Gerry Donnellan ? Pat Cairney (sp)? Bitter taig bastards working for SinnFein on the quiet.

Agenda? Stitched up? Working for SinnFein? Have you gone completely fucking mental? Have you seen the footage of our fans charging at the police, of 20 of them setting about one polis that tripped up? Of the tons and tons of bottles that were getting thrown indiscriminately about the city centre? Of Rangers fan punching other Rangers fans? How exactly can you even think about trying to lay the blame at the doorstep of others, and then start bringing fucking SINNFEIN into it? Pathetic.

The police and organisers have to take equal responsibility here. Manchester simply did not have the infrastructure in place to cope with this.

I don't think this problem is unique to Rangers. I think if say Scotland reached a major championship final, held in England, and the same thing happened, then you would witness similar scenes.

It was shameful though. I was mortified walking down the street last night seeing glass everywhere, shop windows kicked in, cars bashed, etc.

Euro 96?!?

1st Post from a Man City fan working in Leeds..quite a few Ger's in Leeds today so got chatting, general consesus was that they were gutted about the big screen, and gutted about the few neds that fucked it up for everyone, but proud of the side. Nice to hear that in general they'd felt welcomed by the people of Manchester..to be honest we all know that if you get 150K people together, Rangers/Celtic/City/united/whoever, and spend a day getting bevvied in the sun, then something happens like it did with the screen it's going to kick off reagrdless. You shouldn't beat youselves up about it, it'll be yesterdays news, after Leeds riot tonight in Carlisle, and UTD/Chelsea go for it in Moscow!!

Well done in getting to the Final lads..might be City's turn next year (fair play league!!)

Euro 96?!?

1st Post from a Man City fan working in Leeds..quite a few Ger's in Leeds today so got chatting, general consesus was that they were gutted about the big screen, and gutted about the few neds that fucked it up for everyone, but proud of the side. Nice to hear that in general they'd felt welcomed by the people of Manchester..to be honest we all know that if you get 150K people together, Rangers/Celtic/City/united/whoever, and spend a day getting bevvied in the sun, then something happens like it did with the screen it's going to kick off reagrdless. You shouldn't beat youselves up about it, it'll be yesterdays news, after Leeds riot tonight in Carlisle, and UTD/Chelsea go for it in Moscow!!

Well done in getting to the Final lads..might be City's turn next year (fair play league!!)

Thanks mate

Agenda? Stitched up? Working for SinnFein? Have you gone completely fucking mental? Have you seen the footage of our fans charging at the police, of 20 of them setting about one polis that tripped up? Of the tons and tons of bottles that were getting thrown indiscriminately about the city centre? Of Rangers fan punching other Rangers fans? How exactly can you even think about trying to lay the blame at the doorstep of others, and then start bringing fucking SINNFEIN into it? Pathetic.

Its a bit late for someone as naive as you to be awake is it no?

I do blame the authoritys and think weve been stiched up, they could have stopped it from happening but they chose not too!

I know what you are saying here but why the hell should we, the majority that had a great time and never caused bother apologise for the minority that fucked things up for the gers?

So if your not paranoid and a fan of consipracies your naive???

Suppose I am too then.

Guest Andypendek

kind words from the city fan and they would be accurate if we were english but being up here rangers are the story that dominates the news (i know it is sport but that's just how things are here) and this will continue...firstly with the legal repercussions, then the policing changes, then when the euro draw is made in august it will come up again, then when we go first time away next season it will come up again....this will take decades to heal.

I feel like I've inadvertently wandered into a David Icke meeting. You don't need conspiracy theories to explain a bunch of drunken muppets getting a bit over excited and being idiots. It happens to a limited extent every Saturday night in Glasgow, it just so happened that we had 150,000 people concentrated in a small area so there were far more idiots in one place than usual. It's unfortunate and embarrassing, but if it's a conspiracy it's probably the least effective and most pointless conspiracy in human history.

I feel like I've inadvertently wandered into a David Icke meeting. You don't need conspiracy theories to explain a bunch of drunken muppets getting a bit over excited and being idiots. It happens to a limited extent every Saturday night in Glasgow, it just so happened that we had 150,000 people concentrated in a small area so there were far more idiots in one place than usual. It's unfortunate and embarrassing, but if it's a conspiracy it's probably the least effective and most pointless conspiracy in human history.

Its just that they allowed these things to happen, I mean the police knowing about the screen not working at 3 pm?? Its things like this that adds to their thinking of something has to be done. If theres riots at chelsea man u they could go oh something has to be done after last weeks riots too. The authorities could have stopped this happening on the scale it did but they chose not too?? Why?? It might seem like a pointless conspiracy not even a big one but it definately helps them clamp down on civil liberties after things like this happens when it could have been avoided.

He's always been mental! :lol:

I have seen no definitive or conclusive evidence which indicates that the people involved in the alleged riot were Rangers fans. Given the pictures from the Daily Record of the casuals, I have my doubts and I will pass judgement when they have been identified properly - and evidentially. No need to apologise on behalf of Rangers at the moment !!!

You never get a conviction until you prove the evidence - beyond all reasonable doubt - that is the standard !!!!