problem

There is is an element of the travelling support who are hell bent on trouble. Theres no poiint in blaming it on Chelsea or West Ham or anybody else its at grass routes level among our own support ive seen it in Porto and Valencia over the years its about time we sorted it out ourselves grass the basrtards up and be done with it. Its one thing going abroad and having a piss up and a laugh its another making a cunt of ourselves.

There is is an element of the travelling support who are hell bent on trouble. Theres no poiint in blaming it on Chelsea or West Ham or anybody else its at grass routes level among our own support ive seen it in Porto and Valencia over the years its about time we sorted it out ourselves grass the basrtards up and be done with it. Its one thing going abroad and having a piss up and a laugh its another making a cunt of ourselves.

There will always be the odd arsehole, but all you need to do is have a word and stop them from getting daft. If that means giving them a clip, thats ok in my book.

What's the answer/solution ?. Arseholes will be arseholes whether they stay at home or travel to another city !.I walked up from Cathedral Gardens past Picadilly Square just as everything was kicking off and every single one of the fans I was walking with were shouting abuse at the troublemakers, in all ,about 120 -150 dick-heads I reckon (I have been a Police Officer in the Isle of Man during TT week for many years) and I reckon I can calculate numbers of troublemakers in a group fairly quickly. The HUGE majority of our supporters had a great time and a tiny percent acted like dicks - although it must be said that some of the GMP acted like thugs also ! - no escaping that fact !.

What's the answer/solution ?. Arseholes will be arseholes whether they stay at home or travel to another city !.I walked up from Cathedral Gardens past Picadilly Square just as everything was kicking off and every single one of the fans I was walking with were shouting abuse at the troublemakers, in all ,about 120 -150 dick-heads I reckon (I have been a Police Officer in the Isle of Man during TT week for many years) and I reckon I can calculate numbers of troublemakers in a group fairly quickly. The HUGE majority of our supporters had a great time and a tiny percent acted like dicks - although it must be said that some of the GMP acted like thugs also ! - no escaping that fact !.

nice to hear but still doesnt soften the blow everbody thinks were hooligans everyone

Well, that's the media for you - and, more importantly how people believe the media and all the shite it spouts and ust how gullibel people can be - quick example: My granny, 96 years of age called me tonight, she lives in Dunfermline;

This is a more or less script of the conversation:

Gran : "well, are you proud of yourself ?"

Me : "Always, why, what's up?"

Gran : " your so-called friends kicking that Policeman, I'm disgusted with you"

Me: " Gran, that was from a Germany versus Holland game 8 years ago - they were just using it as an example ".

Gran : " oh, I though that was Rangers supporters".

Me : "no, you know what the TV stations and papers are like".

Gran : " sorry Mark, I was just so angry".

Enough said I think !.

Well, that's the media for you - and, more importantly how people believe the media and all the shite it spouts and ust how gullibel people can be - quick example: My granny, 96 years of age called me tonight, she lives in Dunfermline;

This is a more or less script of the conversation:

Gran : "well, are you proud of yourself ?"

Me : "Always, why, what's up?"

Gran : " your so-called friends kicking that Policeman, I'm disgusted with you"

Me: " Gran, that was from a Germany versus Holland game 8 years ago - they were just using it as an example ".

Gran : " oh, I though that was Rangers supporters".

Me : "no, you know what the TV stations and papers are like".

Gran : " sorry Mark, I was just so angry".

Enough said I think !.

:lol:

simple solution for away support, if you see someone trying to make bother, either crack them yourself and tell them to GTF, or if your not that way inclined, take a photo on your phone and pass it on to the club, or both if you like.

whatever, it's a problem that needs sorting rapid.

I agree totally with the phone thing, it can be done easily and without confronting these clowns. To be honest i'd think twice about saying something to a group of blokes like those in the newspaper today, not so much because they're big guys or owt, just the fact they look like they're whizzing their tits off!

I want to travel with my boy next year but worry if things will be ok to do so after all the shit...

We are season ticket holders but worry if we will now be hearded like cattle all over Europe,

after all the hangers on have fucked it up... :angry2:

majorcager, I don't think that's fair.

I have been at every one of our away Euro games this season, no trouble no arrests.

The 'travelling support' have been brilliant, but we were all inside the stadium when this shit kicked off.

Whether there were others causing trouble I have no way of knowing, but please, make the distinction between the regular travelling support and those who turned up on Wednesday.

I want to travel with my boy next year but worry if things will be ok to do so after all the shit...

We are season ticket holders but worry if we will now be hearded like cattle all over Europe,

Don't worry about it mate, my daughter (10) is coming with me next season to all/any European games we have. A bit of common sense and you will have no problems, I wouldn't take my wee lassie if I thought she would be in danger.

Maybe we should start a Fathers and Kids Travel Club (seriously). I would be right up for that. In fact, in the morning (before my flight to Glasgow for the Motherwell game) I am going to e-mail Rangers and put this idea forward !. Nothing ventured and all that ! - I'll post the result of the proposal. Take care mate.

I have been at every one of our away Euro games this season, no trouble no arrests.

The 'travelling support' have been brilliant, but we were all inside the stadium when this shit kicked off.

Whether there were others causing trouble I have no way of knowing, but please, make the distinction between the regular travelling support and those who turned up on Wednesday.

agreed manti, its the cunts on the outside who the finger needs to be pointed at, not the fantastic fans who have been behaved impeccably thisn season. I only saw the clashes about 10.30 and these were wee summy neds squaring up to cops then shitting theselves and running when they charged, thank fuck I wasn't caught up in the crossfire

tbh, thats also unfair

What about people who cant afford to go every week never mind away games. I doubt that most of these were the perpetrators

tbh, thats also unfair

What about people who cant afford to go every week never mind away games. I doubt that most of these were the perpetrators

The ones causing the trouble generally couldnt afford to go every week

tbh, thats also unfair

I'm not for a moment suggesting that all those who turned up on Wednesday were not good bears.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

tbh, thats also unfair

I'm not for a moment suggesting that those who turned up on Wednesday were not good bears.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

no bother,

probably just misread it. Im off to bead :rangers:

Don't worry about it mate, my daughter (10) is coming with me next season to all/any European games we have. A bit of common sense and you will have no problems, I wouldn't take my wee lassie if I thought she would be in danger.

Maybe we should start a Fathers and Kids Travel Club (seriously). I would be right up for that. In fact, in the morning (before my flight to Glasgow for the Motherwell game) I am going to e-mail Rangers and put this idea forward !. Nothing ventured and all that ! - I'll post the result of the proposal. Take care mate.

I'll go for that, as long as the kids are safe....