Walter has lost us the league

Steely

My fellow Rangers supporters. Let this be a wake up call for every Rangers supporter. The reason why we have dropped so many points is because the squad are not superhuman. That many games in that few days will knacker the best of men and squads.

The SPL KNEW and RELIED upon this. Make NO mistake. This was the result they wanted and arranged for. Why? Because like so many they have bought hook line and sinker into the bullshit that is the "poor wee victim" myth of Parkhead. It is the fashionable, politically correct thing to quietly, and subversively support the fake-irish-downtrodden.

Make NO mistake friends. THIS is what has happened. It has infiltrated the SPL, the mhedia and elsewhere.

You must now wake up and fight it with every fibre of your being. make it part of your daily consciousness.

I agree in part. Making us play so many games in so few days is out of order. But, if the players are so tired as you so claim, why not change them. Where is Buffel?? Where is Gow?? Where is Boyd??

All good payers, all good enough to win us a game. Does Walter play them?? No, he playes his tired players at all. We are asked to play more games than we should in a short period of time, but we have the squad to change players.

We could have gone 4-4-2 today and played boyd and novo, or boyd and Cousin.

We didn't, we played 4-1-4-1 in a game that was so important to us winning.

I'll concede that point to you, my friend (although I've always felt that Buffel was lightweight and pish). I still stand by my statement as to what the SPL were up to, and why. It os the truth, and every Rangers supporter worldwide needs to clue into it and fight it.

I will submit the truth to you as well mate. But the fact is we KNEW what the SPL were doing. Everyone knew it, but Walter maintained his same "tired" players. At times like this it is time for a change.

At times like this, it is no time to play a defensive formation when we run the risk of losing the league, just like we lost the UEFA cup.

The SPL take a vast majority of the blame, but Walter Smith takes the rest for not playing players who are fit enough for us to win instead of playing tired players

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My fellow Rangers supporters. Let this be a wake up call for every Rangers supporter. The reason why we have dropped so many points is because the squad are not superhuman. That many games in that few days will knacker the best of men and squads.

The SPL KNEW and RELIED upon this. Make NO mistake. This was the result they wanted and arranged for. Why? Because like so many they have bought hook line and sinker into the bullshit that is the "poor wee victim" myth of Parkhead. It is the fashionable, politically correct thing to quietly, and subversively support the fake-irish-downtrodden.

Make NO mistake friends. THIS is what has happened. It has infiltrated the SPL, the mhedia and elsewhere.

You must now wake up and fight it with every fibre of your being. make it part of your daily consciousness.

I agree in part. Making us play so many games in so few days is out of order. But, if the players are so tired as you so claim, why not change them. Where is Buffel?? Where is Gow?? Where is Boyd??

All good payers, all good enough to win us a game. Does Walter play them?? No, he playes his tired players at all. We are asked to play more games than we should in a short period of time, but we have the squad to change players.

We could have gone 4-4-2 today and played boyd and novo, or boyd and Cousin.

We didn't, we played 4-1-4-1 in a game that was so important to us winning.

I'll concede that point to you, my friend (although I've always felt that Buffel was lightweight and pish). I still stand by my statement as to what the SPL were up to, and why. It os the truth, and every Rangers supporter worldwide needs to clue into it and fight it.

I will submit the truth to you as well mate. But the fact is we KNEW what the SPL were doing. Everyone knew it, but Walter maintained his same "tired" players. At times like this it is time for a change.

At times like this, it is no time to play a defensive formation when we run the risk of losing the league, just like we lost the UEFA cup.

The SPL take a vast majority of the blame, but Walter Smith takes the rest for not playing players who are fit enough for us to win instead of playing tired players

You make a good point, my friend. I cannot argue it.

Fickle doesnt even cover it.

Some of you want to take your head out your arse and remember last season.

Simple, straight to the point and bang on. (tu)

Why bang on??

Why remember last season??

Of course we were rubbish last season. But that was LAST season. This is THIS season. I concede we have done a lot better this season from last, but the fact remains we were on course to win four titles. I will also concede that winning the EUFA cup was a tall ask. But the domestic treble was in in our hands, and through defensive tactics we have lost.

That has nothing to do with last season. OK WS said his plan this season was to catch Celtic. We done that and then some. so why did he throw it away. Why did he pack a midfield in a game where we had to SCORE instead of concede.

Rangers at present.... are a collection of journeymen...WS & CO. to their great credit have managed to install some believe and a great amount of spirit. We have been steadly throwing the league away for afew weeks now...not just todays some what pathetic result.

WS would be the first to admit he could have done things differently....hey, we are all wise after the event,.. he has after all got quite alot right.

Rangers at present.... are a collection of journeymen...WS & CO. to their great credit have managed to install some believe and a great amount of spirit. We have been steadly throwing the league away for afew weeks now...not just todays some what pathetic result.

WS would be the first to admit he could have done things differently....hey, we are all wise after the event,.. he has after all got quite alot right.

As you say mate.... We have been throwing it away for a few weeks.

So if WS would be the first to admit he could do things differently, why didn't he a few weeks ago.

In our first defeat, why did he come out with the same tactics the week after.

If anyone thinks winning 3 points out of 15 in our last 5 away games and no one is to blame there is something seriously wrong

ws has done a good job but the football we are playing is total garbage did broadfoot make 1 pass to a rangers player all day! time to bin this guy whittaker is also garbage.the full backs i think are were our problems come from. the midfield dont take the ball from the centre halves so basicaly our centre halves are being asked to playmake.barry ferguson plays a second striker or an attacking midfielder how many goals has he scored or setup? i personally think he is terrible in this position why does ws not use barry as the playmaker instead of christian dailly who's range of passing is woeful. lee mcculloch has this guy had 1 good game in a rangers jersey what skills does this guy bring to the team? the only contrabution he makes is to contest high balls that are continually launched to the left hand side.

ws has done a good job but the football we are playing is total garbage did broadfoot make 1 pass to a rangers player all day! time to bin this guy whittaker is also garbage.the full backs i think are were our problems come from. the midfield dont take the ball from the centre halves so basicaly our centre halves are being asked to playmake.barry ferguson plays a second striker or an attacking midfielder how many goals has he scored or setup? i personally think he is terrible in this position why does ws not use barry as the playmaker instead of christian dailly who's range of passing is woeful. lee mcculloch has this guy had 1 good game in a rangers jersey what skills does this guy bring to the team? the only contrabution he makes is to contest high balls that are continually launched to the left hand side.

Absolutely true.

Careful you don't make too much sense mate. Some don't like it

As you say mate.... We have been throwing it away for a few weeks.

So if WS would be the first to admit he could do things differently, why didn't he a few weeks ago.

In our first defeat, why did he come out with the same tactics the week after.

If anyone thinks winning 3 points out of 15 in our last 5 away games and no one is to blame there is something seriously wrong

Would agree its a total pisser to say the least, that other options were not explored ...hes probably thought that the tide would turn, and after 30min today ..it looked, dare I say it, like easy street...aye right.

WS knows his squad....maybe a case of no confidence, in the other ' journeymen' .

Sorry to add to the negativity but as i've said before when lee plays it's like we are playing with 10 men walters blind loyalty to this guy is unbelievable he does absolutely nothing for the team and today when we needed 11 guys playing as if their lives depended on it we are one man down from the start.

I don't think theres any exclusive blame for us not winning the league, its a series of things. In reality we have NOT played well this season but from November to March we kept pulling wins out of the bag when playing average but now the results are reflecting our displays.

Guest The Brown Brogue

Simple fact is that Rangers play like Scotland did under Smith.

Hardworking and spirited, but ultimately not good enough when it comes to the crunch.

With signings like Kenny Miller on the horizon, and rumours of James McFadden as well, next season will be no different.

There are very few footballers in our side, with guile and craft sacrificed for brawn and grunt. It has been said that this season has been for rebuilding and was never going to be pretty football, but there is now a style instilled into this squad that can only be remedied by an overhaul of the dross, something that is simply not going to happen.

The destiny of the SPL was in our own hands for so long, and now we have bottled it with this attitude of 'must not lose' rather than 'must win'.

Its the faggots in charge of the SPL who never helped a matters, not Walter fault

n to say the gers would give the tims the title is one of the most ridiculous things ave heard in a long time

The SFA were supportive it was the SPL who acted with malice against us

To blame it solely on Walter is bordering on treason. but someone in the management trio has made some crazy decisions.

Playing 4-4-2 away to Dundee Utd, but playing defensively at home against Hibs, Motherwell etc have baffled me.

Losing McGregor has been a blow, and although they haven't set the heather alight as yet, losing flair players such as Adam, Burke, Naismith and Beasley hasn't helped.

Throw in the loss of Hutton to that and it's incredible we've came this far.

With the games reamining. We HAD to win them all. A draw was not good enough. We HAD to win.

Can anyone give a reason as to why in this game we packed a midfield, and played one up front.

Given the seriousness of the game. Given the importance of the game. Walter Smith went about his business in a way that we wouldn't lose. Unfortunately in this instance escaping defeat just simply wasn't good enough.

Walter Smith has cost us the league and once again changed his tactics far too late in the game. To bring on one striker and then a couple of minutes later bring on another one just suggests time wasting wasting on our behalf when we couldn't afford to to this.

Why not bring them on at the same time??? Why leave it too late to bring them on in first place.

The big rumour hitting town is to let Celtic win the league in the wake of Tommy Burn's death.

I don't go for that myself. I just think it is poor management from Walter Smith.

Is this all the Rangers support can hope to expect now from this manager. I cetainly hope not but I think it may be so.

This is a sad state of affairs to be in. His tactics were wrong for a european final and now his tactics are wrong for the must win league.

I have no confidence left inWalter Smith now.

I full agree he has turned the team around since taking charge again, but turning them round isn't enough. WE MUST WIN THE LEAGUE, NOT SOME DIDDY CUP NO ONE IS INTERESTED IN.

I am very disillusioned by his tactics and very disappointed

Forum Leader? total muppet would be a better description.

Walter deserves a big Thank You for getting this club back on its feet.

With the games reamining. We HAD to win them all. A draw was not good enough. We HAD to win.

Can anyone give a reason as to why in this game we packed a midfield, and played one up front.

Given the seriousness of the game. Given the importance of the game. Walter Smith went about his business in a way that we wouldn't lose. Unfortunately in this instance escaping defeat just simply wasn't good enough.

Walter Smith has cost us the league and once again changed his tactics far too late in the game. To bring on one striker and then a couple of minutes later bring on another one just suggests time wasting wasting on our behalf when we couldn't afford to to this.

Why not bring them on at the same time??? Why leave it too late to bring them on in first place.

The big rumour hitting town is to let Celtic win the league in the wake of Tommy Burn's death.

I don't go for that myself. I just think it is poor management from Walter Smith.

Is this all the Rangers support can hope to expect now from this manager. I cetainly hope not but I think it may be so.

This is a sad state of affairs to be in. His tactics were wrong for a european final and now his tactics are wrong for the must win league.

I full agree he has turned the team around since taking charge again, but turning them round isn't enough. WE MUST WIN THE LEAGUE, NOT SOME DIDDY CUP NO ONE IS INTERESTED IN.

100% behind Steely with this one, seems alot of people are waking up to the fact that smith has done ok, but HE will not take us forward, a sidestep at best........the uefa final we got to was thanks to backs to the wall defending at luckly gettin through, THIS WILL NOT happen again and again...........we were not worthy of the win on wednesday and we offered as we have so many times recently next to nothing goin forward, simply put smith is not above criticism and is RIGHTFULLY getting is from a large part of our support after todays result...................atleast one wheel is off his cart, with another not far behind..........

i dont think he will go at the end of this season as much as i would like it, but the pressure is on to make a team that can score goals, which in the end is MORE important than not conceding them!!!

Walter has done a great job this season and we should have had something from the games against celtic, however his major flaw is his problem with boyd, i just cant belive he plays cousin ahead of him, cousin is a liability who doesnt want to play for rangers, he almost cost us a place in the uefa cup final and should of been sent off against dundee united, against st johnstone he didnt give a toss, now we sign kenny miller is he going to play alongside boyd or are we going to be boring rangers again, time to get rid of cousin and j c d, he can barley last a game and is a notts forrest reject, we have blown the league because he doesnt play the best scorer in the business and its a joke. Boyd won us the cis cup and he doesnt get a sniff. enough said

Everyone is allowed an opinion mate

Which makes you a bit of a muppet for calling me one. Instead of calling menames why not actually contribute to the debate. Are you incapable. Are you just going to point to last season and say look we're doing better??? Do you think 3 points out of 5 away games is a great achievement??

But hey ho, some people hate the truth and would rather hide.

Everyone is allowed an opinion mate

Which makes you a bit of a muppet for calling me one. Instead of calling menames why not actually contribute to the debate. Are you incapable. Are you just going to point to last season and say look we're doing better??? Do you think 3 points out of 5 away games is a great achievement??

But hey ho, some people hate the truth and would rather hide.

exactly, im sick to the front teeth and hearing about this last season pish..............in the end we couldnt get much worse last year, looks like we have thrown the league away this year and our away form seems to suggest that............simply we havent been anywhere near good enough or scored enough goals of late..........

im sick of smith appearing to be above criticism by some people, just because he has done ok up until now, doesnt mean that were are nto capable of better.........frankly i have had very little to cheer about the way we play...ok ok granted the uefa run was good, but the lack of goals and negative approach is very disheartening

Totally gutted. This is the weekend from hell as I am away staying with family who are tims :angry2:

No point turning on Walter though. He's done a great job and I'm sorry I know we can't in some ways compare with the disaster of season, but he has built this team from scratch with very little money, been forced to sell one of our best players at a crucial point in the league, been fecked over and over by the sfa, and suffered no end of dodgy decisions. I'm standing right behind him and we can still do this.

Look at it this way, walter smith leaves with mcoist and kenny McD, we get in some french, italian spanish trio who dont understand scottish football, it takes us 2-3 seasons to get anywhere, would you lot be happy with that??

this is Smiths 1st season back, considering the squad we had last season, hes had to transform it in the style he plays, pointless in using somebody elses players if you dont like them. we shipped in almost an entirely new squad and everyones expecting miracles, WGS has had 3 seasons to form an understanding with his shitty squad and they are not completely comfortable, Smith has had a season, I don't think we are doing too bad.

Fickle doesnt even cover it.

Some of you want to take your head out your arse and remember last season.

Not true. I believe I did mention that Walter has picked us up from last season.

At least read a statement before reporting on it thank you

I read every bit of it and it was knee-jerk reactionary pish.

Some fans just cant wait to stick the boot in.

The glory hunters. (tu)

End of the day, we're just not good enough.

i FIRMLY believe that we do have the players that are good enough to win the league this season........problem is that they have not been properly utilised and smith has to take the blame for that

unless you included smith in the 'we're not good enough'

then i would agree wholeheartedly

what happened this season was/is a fluke if the results of late happened at the start of the season would WS still be in a job.

Bad tactics I have said this a lot recently and been slated on here for it 1 up front works when you are against a superior team not against other teams in the SPL.