Murray sold us out

Before you start, i am not a Murray hater. Infact i have supported him through quite a lot during recent seasons when it seemed all turned against him. But im sorry, selling Hutton was unforgivable to me. People may say "what if he had a bad half season and lost value" after january, but that was NEVER going to happen imo. I feel we sold Hutton and ran with the money, maybe WS was offered the money and was stubborn not to buy anyone, i don't know the ins and outs of it. BUT, selling 33% of your defence (alongside Papa and Carlos) is feckin idiocy when you're still in four competitions. As for Kenny Miller, GTF! I'd rather have bob FTP malcolm upfront....well almost :craphead: at least he was a Ger through and through! Also bain, you sheetey wee bastard, big signings? I have lost almost all faith in our boardroom staff atm.

But as for the league, keep believing, and fecking riot if we don't get it!

Selling Hutton was a huge mistake, at the same time I would like to see Rangers sign some quality attacking midfields and deploying our strikers more.

I think our level of football has become a joke in recent times, always being overly defensive. I know it's a part of football but wheres the passion and the creativity on the pitch?

I also think Rioting is something of a sore point and something we, as fans and as a club should be trying our utmost to weed out from the ground up.

Hutton wasn't only part of the defence ... he was just about the whole of our right side of the team. IMO if you're a big club you don't sell your best players half way through the season, and we have now probably ended up with what we deserve for selling ourselves short

I don't know what the deal was with Hutton, and if we could have got as much money for him at the end of the season. But why oh why oh why didn't we bring anyone in to replace him? This is gonna cost us the league :angry2:

Selling Hutton is forgiveable and I can understand that.

Not replacing him or bringing in a quality attacking midfielder is however, unforgiveable

It was always going to be hard to replace him because there isn't much business done in January. Also the fact he left with a few hours to go didn't help, although I suspect that was no accident

hutton price most probably would have gone up look were we got to and that was with broadfoot in the team hutton would have made a massive differance to the team especially at parkhead and our uefa cup games hutton was our best out ball.david murray and martin bain have done what they allways do say nothing all season long and when it is time to renew season tickets they come out and talk about big signings and transfer budgets.

Not replacing him or bringing in a quality attacking midfielder is however, unforgiveable

It was always going to be hard to replace him because there isn't much business done in January. Also the fact he left with a few hours to go didn't help, although I suspect that was no accident

SDM and Walter KNEW Hutton was leaving as early at January 10th

Not having a replacement set up and using the "we had no time to target someone" excuse just doesnt wash

No team gets better by selling the heart and soul of their team - Hutton was part of that

Before you start, i am not a Murray hater. Infact i have supported him through quite a lot during recent seasons when it seemed all turned against him. But im sorry, selling Hutton was unforgivable to me. People may say "what if he had a bad half season and lost value" after january, but that was NEVER going to happen imo. I feel we sold Hutton and ran with the money, maybe WS was offered the money and was stubborn not to buy anyone, i don't know the ins and outs of it. BUT, selling 33% of your defence (alongside Papa and Carlos) is feckin idiocy when you're still in four competitions. As for Kenny Miller, GTF! I'd rather have bob FTP malcolm upfront....well almost :craphead: at least he was a Ger through and through! Also bain, you sheetey wee bastard, big signings? I have lost almost all faith in our boardroom staff atm.

I'm in agreement with some of what you're saying however, in the light of recent sh*t going down, I'd say nay to the incitement to riot. Sure you're just having a laugh but I find the morons of Manchester to be decidedly unfunny.

Yes, very sound advice. I'll be sure to do that. doh

I think this is definitely Murray's second biggest single mistake in his time at Ibrox. The first still has to be the decision to make public in the TIAR season Walter's leaving, but bearing in mind how long it's been since we were in a European final this certainly run that close

So now it's all gone arse up selling Hutton was the biggest mistake ever?

I'm sorry, but thats a load of bollocks. I'm 100% certain that there wouldn't be one thread saying "oh if we hadn't sold Huttton" had we gained a couple of favourable results in the past week.

Our away form over the past 6 weeks or so is what has cost us the league, not selling Hutton.

His sale hasn't been considered a factor up until now, let's not make it one and start blaming SDM.

We defintily missed his attacking pressence and dont give a fuck how big a name you are attitude

dont think he was that great a defender but his attacking runs more than made up for that

for me the mistake of selling him would have been forgivable if we had strenghed the squad in january with at least some of the cash

instead we left our selves short of quality

I'm sorry, but thats a load of bollocks. I'm 100% certain that there wouldn't be one thread saying "oh if we hadn't sold Huttton" had we gained a couple of favourable results in the past week.

Our away form over the past 6 weeks or so is what has cost us the league, not selling Hutton.

His sale hasn't been considered a factor up until now, let's not make it one and start blaming SDM.

Exactly.

See these (with Hutton in the team):

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=45089 (Nov 07)

Another typical Rangers performance. Made a decent start, Ferguson and Darcheville linked up well. Yet again we score, which was a terrific delivery from Beasley and a cracking header by Cuellar, then we sit back and let the opposing team back into the game. Dreadful misses by Ferguson and Cousin. Falkirk had one chance and a penalty claim that should of been given. Game should of been wrapped up by half time but yet again or finishing let us down.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?...t&p=2113028 (Nov 07)

good 3 points but i was a little disappointed with the performance. Darcheville was fantastic but the midfield seemed very flat and we let falkirk back into the game which was disappointing but i'm still happy with the 3 points. I'd take 3 points and an average performance over a good performance and a draw anyday. Boyd must start, cousin very disappointing today.

Calling for a riot - Dhoo - It doent matter if we win OR lose the league we want to do so with dignity, not shoot ourselves in the foot.

As for selling Huttn that did NOT lose us the league. 3 draws away from home after UEFA cup games - they were the biggest single issue and yet when we look at the Rangers teams that we played in those games we should have had enough to win but didn't ergo we are now in a tough position.

Hutton wasn't only part of the defence ... he was just about the whole of our right side of the team. IMO if you're a big club you don't sell your best players half way through the season, and we have now probably ended up with what we deserve for selling ourselves short

(tu)

Completely agree with all your posts on this one. I know a lot of people say "Hutton is gone, get over it and move on" and I agree, we can't change it and have to move on. However why should we supporters not reflect on this scenario and discuss the effects, there's nothing wrong with that. With Hutton at RB instead of Broadfoot we wouldn't only have had a better defender in the crucial part of the season, but also more creativity, strength and power going forward in the team - exactly what we have lacked very often since january. I don't want to get on Kirk's back here, it's been very difficult for him with people expecting him to replace Hutton and I think he's done a good job considering the circumstances, but I'm sure we'd be in a much stronger position in the league now if we hadn't sold one of our best players.

His value would only have increased in the second part of the season and we could have got a lot more for him at the end of the season. For me it was a big mistake we sold him, especially when you consider that 9m actually is next to nothing for a mid table Premier League team.

Completely agree with all your posts on this one. I know a lot of people say "Hutton is gone, get over it and move on" and I agree, we can't change it and have to move on. However why should we supporters not reflect on this scenario and discuss the effects, there's nothing wrong with that. With Hutton at RB instead of Broadfoot we wouldn't only have had a better defender in the crucial part of the season, but also more creativity, strength and power going forward in the team - exactly what we have lacked very often since january. I don't want to get on Kirk's back here, it's been very difficult for him with people expecting him to replace Hutton and I think he's done a good job considering the circumstances, but I'm sure we'd be in a much stronger position in the league now if we hadn't sold one of our best players.

His value would only have increased in the second part of the season and we could have got a lot more for him at the end of the season. For me it was a big mistake we sold him, especially when you consider that 9m actually is next to nothing for a mid table Premier League team.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with reflecting on the scenario, but there is something wrong with saying nothing for 4 months and then dragging it up when we need to find excuses as to why we were unable to get over the finishing line.

Hutton added a whole different attacking dimension to our play, but for the better part of a year our problem has been taking a midfield by the scruff of the neck and penetrating a defence with intelligent passsing and movement.

I also love how people seem to be assuming that we took the money and ran, while poor little Hutton was forced to move to the big bad city against his own will.

Yes, we maybe could have got more than we did for him, but have you all forgotten that about a week before he left, Hutton changed his agent to a guy who almost exclusively deals with Tottenham players.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with reflecting on the scenario, but there is something wrong with saying nothing for 4 months and then dragging it up when we need to find excuses as to why we were unable to get over the finishing line.

Hutton added a whole different attacking dimension to our play, but for the better part of a year our problem has been taking a midfield by the scruff of the neck and penetrating a defence with intelligent passsing and movement.

I also love how people seem to be assuming that we took the money and ran, while poor little Hutton was forced to move to the big bad city against his own will.

Yes, we maybe could have got more than we did for him, but have you all forgotten that about a week before he left, Hutton changed his agent to a guy who almost exclusively deals with Tottenham players.

I said from the very 1st day that selling Hutton could cost us dearly.

It was always a case of short term greed .

I've never ever thought otherwise.

No team sells one of their most influential players midway through an excellent season, Murray lives in a world of £ signs. That's his be all and end all.

Good point mate. We haven't actually lost the league yet but if we do it won't be down to the fact we sold Hutton. Our form recently has dipped, perhaps caused by fatigue due to the number of games we've had to play and the goals seem to be drying up. So it will be a variety of factors like that previously stated plus suspensions and injuries to blame, NOT the sale of Hutton.

Anyone who believes that our form hasn't suffered due to the loss of Hutton is seriously deluding themselves.

No team, especially Rangers can lose the talent of a worldclass player and hope that a substandard player can come in and replace him without it having a negative impact on performances. We lost a major edge in both attack and defense the day we sold Hutton.

Anyone who believes that Hutton made the choice without some pressure being applied from forces within Rangers is again deluding themselves. That's besides the point anyway. Rangers should have refused to sell at any price half way through the season. Remember Wattie's comments?

It's notoriously hard to bring in quality during January 'cause no team is willing to sell their better players

True Wattie, unless of course there's another team out there with Sir Flim Flam as their chairman.