What has cost us

Injurys to Burke, Naismith, Adam and Beasley and the loss of Hutton have cost us dearly imho.

All five of them provided the necessary wing play that the 4 5 1 system requires. He's tried using Novo and Davies in the wide position and it just isn't working.

Neither is comfortable out there where as the others provided an excellent outlet which enabled us to get behind teams later in games when tiredness was setting in.

I don't think it's a coincidence that our form has dipped when none of these players have been available. Adam was back on Sunday but apart from lacking match sharpness he appeared to be playing in the middle for the majority of the game. If you play 4 5 1 you need wingers, for 4 4 2 you need attacking full backs or at least a more attacking midfielder. We have none of them at this moment so Walter is trying to fill in with players who don't normally play in those positions (Whittaker, Novo, Davies, Broadfoot, Papac, Dailly). Personally I'm amazed we are in the position we are in given the money WS has had to spend and the short time in which he has had and Win or Lose the League I for one will be looking forward to next season as I fully expect WS to fill in the gaps I have mentioned. I have no doubt the money from the Hutton sale and the cash generated from the European run will go some way to help towards this.

Rome was not built in a day and an all conquering Rangers side cannot be built in a season. Certainly not with the funds they had to work with.

People are so quick to forget the mess we were in when WS came in.

pb

"People are so quick to forget the mess we were in when WS came in. "

Fair enough, but what people do remember is the position we were in only 6 weeks ago.

I take your point about the injuries. We have had no width pretty much all season, even our full backs are converted centre halfs!

Good points, but we should have won the league by this time given the lead we built up. A lot of this is due to Walter's negativity and selections.

Certain players were never given a chance. Certain players always played although their form was poor. Youngsters like Furman who played well vs DU could have helped out too, but Walter wont play them.

Yes we are much better than PLG's team, but mainly only because of Cuellar and Weir. Take away these two and we are pretty poor. Barry faded away and so did S Davis. They were not there when we really needed them. The others just are not good enough.

Injurys to Burke, Naismith, Adam and Beasley and the loss of Hutton have cost us dearly imho.

All five of them provided the necessary wing play that the 4 5 1 system requires. He's tried using Novo and Davies in the wide position and it just isn't working.

Neither is comfortable out there where as the others provided an excellent outlet which enabled us to get behind teams later in games when tiredness was setting in.

I don't think it's a coincidence that our form has dipped when none of these players have been available. Adam was back on Sunday but apart from lacking match sharpness he appeared to be playing in the middle for the majority of the game. If you play 4 5 1 you need wingers, for 4 4 2 you need attacking full backs or at least a more attacking midfielder. We have none of them at this moment so Walter is trying to fill in with players who don't normally play in those positions (Whittaker, Novo, Davies, Broadfoot, Papac, Dailly). Personally I'm amazed we are in the position we are in given the money WS has had to spend and the short time in which he has had and Win or Lose the League I for one will be looking forward to next season as I fully expect WS to fill in the gaps I have mentioned. I have no doubt the money from the Hutton sale and the cash generated from the European run will go some way to help towards this.

Rome was not built in a day and an all conquering Rangers side cannot be built in a season. Certainly not with the funds they had to work with.

People are so quick to forget the mess we were in when WS came in.

pb

I've already posted links to posts just like yours, that were occuring ever when we had those players fit.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?...p;#entry2440251

We've been playing shit all season.

"People are so quick to forget the mess we were in when WS came in. "

Fair enough, but what people do remember is the position we were in only 6 weeks ago.

Exactly.

As per RFC No1's answer, sitting on 1-0 leads allowing inferior teams to pressurise us and create chances, fuxsake we have lost more goals than Selliks pish defence and that is down to one thing- the negative way we play the game, we give up more chances than Sellik because they are always tryig to put their opponents on the back foot.

the lack of an attacking midfielder has cost us making us rely on the long ball far too much. Uefa cup run has definetly cost us as well, points dropped after fiorentina and the final. If we had beaten hibs and motherwell which we should have done we would be going to st mirren tomorrow needing only a 1-0 win to clinch the title.

the lack of an attacking midfielder has cost us making us rely on the long ball far too much. Uefa cup run has definetly cost us as well, points dropped after fiorentina and the final. If we had beaten hibs and motherwell which we should have done we would be going to st mirren tomorrow needing only a 1-0 win to clinch the title.

A couple of excellent points there, especially the lack of on attacking midfielder.

I think the biggest factor that has cost us has been the negative attitude thats been instilled in the players.

We are short of creative players as we have been saying all season, but the 11 that have been on the park have been asked to play a certain way almost every game, and when we suddenly need goals the players have basically forgotten how to play attacking football.

Also must add that too many players just havent been on top of their game the last couple of months - Ferguson, Darcheville, Davis, Cousin, Hemdani. + The injuries.

Even more than Motherwells equaliser on saturday, i think Venegoors last minute goal against us to take the 3 points has been the turning point of the season.

I think the biggest factor that has cost us has been the negative attitude thats been instilled in the players.

We are short of creative players as we have been saying all season, but the 11 that have been on the park have been asked to play a certain way almost every game, and when we suddenly need goals the players have basically forgotten how to play attacking football.

Also must add that too many players just havent been on top of their game the last couple of months - Ferguson, Darcheville, Davis, Cousin, Hemdani. + The injuries.

Even more than Motherwells equaliser on saturday, i think Venegoors last minute goal against us to take the 3 points has been the turning point of the season.

Without wishing to sound disrespectful, Phil O'Donnel dying was the turning point of the season.

i remember in january Walter apparently had money available, and was chasing some italian striker (who would probably have been on the bench if we got him) for £5m, but that fell thru.

At the time Walter said something along the lines of "we have a large enough squad already"

bet he regrets that now, just one decent winger being signed back then could have made a huge difference.

Yeah but our squad wasn't large enough obviously when Amdy Faye comes on at CB.

We have two converted CBs at full back, it's clear he won't play them at CB, that leaves Cuellar Weir and Dailly, forget Webster, that fuckin waste of space doesn't want to get fit, 3 CB's one of whom is nearly pension age, one who isn't far off and a utility player at best and 1 absolute stand out player, 3 playable CB's at a club of our size is a disgrace and it has cost us the league. Obviously WS forgot about injuries and suspensions.

I keep on hearing this pish about the size of our squad, if you are not going to utilise your squad it matters not one fucking jot what size it is.