Dundee united desperate for victory tonight

Also to suggest that a footballers religion dictates his effort level against the old firm is one of the most rediculous, bigoted and egotistical things i have heard.

When did "tim" become a religion?

:P

Back when they were started as exclusively Catholic and before they started denying it in the 1990's?

I always thought it was funny how they never mention illegal Irish terrorist Pat Welsh in their "history" and how Willy Maley only got the job due to his policeman father turning a blind eye to the criminality of said Pat Welsh.

We only have ourselves to blame, we were clear in the lead and even allowing for Sellik getting all the decisions in the last two OF matches, we had plenty of points in reserve. We have no-one else to blame.

I'm with Minstral on this one, the season has been poor we got where we are by being hard to beat, not by flair and imagination.

trying to be as positive as possible......but sadly realizing, us winng the league now is nothing short of "IMPOSSIBLE".... :(

I hope I am wrong! :rangers:

It's not Terry Butcher in charge of Motherwell that we're relying on this year.

If the United fans are anything to go by (I study in Dundee and know loads of fans) they will be pumped up for victory. They hate the Old Firm and they hate losing to them, home or away.

I am so glad it wasnt us playing United and Celtic to play Aberdeen.

Also to suggest that a footballers religion dictates his effort level against the old firm is one of the most rediculous, bigoted and egotistical things i have heard.

I envy you for being in a time warp, I just wish that life was so sweet, sadly it ain't and Sean Dillon, Noel Hunt and Zander Diamond will all be tryinng or attempting to for different reasons. Their loyalty is certainly to their faith and culture - and I think we need to at least understand and accept that. To do so, otherwise is foolish, naive and tantamount to accepting that there is NO corruption in sport and thus complicit as far as bigotry is concerned and just accepted. That's unethical !

On the football field their loyalty is to the club that pays there wages and no one else. If Levein thought for a second these guys weren't giving it 100% they would be out that club in a second. Sure there may be small minority who this doesn't hold true for but to make blanket statements is wrong.

As for Diamond, its clear he a celtic fan, so what!! I remeber him getting two black eyes at parkhead and still desperate to get back in the field. I also remember him getting a goal against celtic dissallowed which would gave them a late draw / win (can't quite remember).

Lets not forget that if United win they'll take Ă‚Â£100,000 from moving up a place on the table. That pays a players wages for a whole year... incentive if ever I heard it.

Lets not forget that if United win they'll take Ă‚Â£100,000 from moving up a place on the table. That pays a players wages for a whole year... incentive if ever I heard it.

Very true, theyll be all after this, they hate celtic as much as they do rangers. :lol:

I envy you for being in a time warp, I just wish that life was so sweet, sadly it ain't and Sean Dillon, Noel Hunt and Zander Diamond will all be tryinng or attempting to for different reasons. Their loyalty is certainly to their faith and culture - and I think we need to at least understand and accept that. To do so, otherwise is foolish, naive and tantamount to accepting that there is NO corruption in sport and thus complicit as far as bigotry is concerned and just accepted. That's unethical !

On the football field their loyalty is to the club that pays there wages and no one else. If Levein thought for a second these guys weren't giving it 100% they would be out that club in a second. Sure there may be small minority who this doesn't hold true for but to make blanket statements is wrong.

As for Diamond, its clear he a celtic fan, so what!! I remeber him getting two black eyes at parkhead and still desperate to get back in the field. I also remember him getting a goal against celtic dissallowed which would gave them a late draw / win (can't quite remember).

Yeah, so Celtic would be playing against a partially sighted centre back.

Wasn't until diamond went off the park when got the black eyes that Aberdeen scored, he's went to ground on numerous occasions just before celtic has scored even Calderwood has commented on this in various match reports, he's a dirty fcukin cheatin f-nian bhastard and anybody defending him bheggars belief ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :sherlock:

Hi

Just joined this forum and it's my first post. I'm an older guy and hopefully a wiser, calmer man as a result.

I can't buy into any theories that the arabs will "lie down" just as the "two jimmies" will not help us tonight. Both teams will have hard games. I'm nervous as hell already !

I cling to the fact that we still have a chance, but like others, I'm pissed off that we've got ourselves into this position. It was in our own hands......

Hi

Just joined this forum and it's my first post. I'm an older guy and hopefully a wiser, calmer man as a result.

I can't buy into any theories that the arabs will "lie down" just as the "two jimmies" will not help us tonight. Both teams will have hard games. I'm nervous as hell already !

I cling to the fact that we still have a chance, but like others, I'm pissed off that we've got ourselves into this position. It was in our own hands......

Why have Utd allowed half their first team to go on holiday?

Even if they tried, the refs are there to protect their skulls and double glazing by granting them the emergency penalty.

If it's 3-0 to Utd with 10 minutes left, you can guarantee a couple of penalties, red cards and and record injury time.

The SPL and the referees have already proven that Celtic must win the title this year. Their lives aren't worth the hassle if they don't.