Boyd future

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1319602,00.html

Looks like he will still be here unless walter says otherwise, but i think walter will keep him.

I am a big fan of Boyd and would never be in favour of him leaving Ibrox for any price!! However there is NO use keeping him if Walter isn't going to use him. I did some working out and when you add up all Boyds playing minutes this season it comes to a total of 2201 minutes. That works out at ONLY 24.5 full games, which when you consider some players in the team are probably nearly double that figure it's a joke.

didn't realise he is still only 24, I have been much more impressed with him recently, I think with some coaching he could be a really dangerous target man for us.

If the team is built around his poaching strengths then Boyd is definitely an asset but if we propose to use him up front on his own he instantly becomes a serious liability.

Also if Boyd comes back from the close season over weight I would fine him a £1,000 for every pound overweight.

He has had enough warnings about his physique and has a lifestyle most of us can only dream of so he must be made acutely aware that great rewards come with responsibility.

Walter I'm sure has come out recently and indicated he wanted Boyd to stay, but agrees he needs someone to play alongside him, I'm sure the article which I read regarding this even went as far as indicating that Walter admitted he needs better quality to be able to provide Boyd with the service he would require.

Walter I'm sure has come out recently and indicated he wanted Boyd to stay, but agrees he needs someone to play alongside him, I'm sure the article which I read regarding this even went as far as indicating that Walter admitted he needs better quality to be able to provide Boyd with the service he would require.

Yep, and I agreed with every part of it (tu)

I for one hope that Walter builds a team both strong enough defensively and creative enough offensively, to include Kris Boyd - as it's obvious we are a much more potent threat (in the SPL at least) when he is part of our line-up.

Todays Rhecord:

Kris Boyd and Christian Dailly ready to seal new Rangers deals

May 28 2008 By Gary Ralston

KRIS BOYD last night performed a U-turn by insisting he wants to stay at Rangers.

And the Scotland star is set to be joined by Christian Dailly, who is ready to sign a one-year deal.

Hampden hero Boyd confirmed he was considering his future in the aftermath of the Scottish Cup victory against Queen of the South.

Boyd notched a double in the 3-2 win to take his tally for the season to 25, but he has grown frustrated at his lack of first-team action.

Boyd said: "I don't think I can go another season spending so much time on the bench. I want to play every week and I'll think about things over the summer."

The striker started only 25 of Rangers' 68 games last season, but insists he wants to lead the club's title charge next term.

Boyd said: "I'm a Rangers man and I want to fight on.

"I have given my best and I will continue to do so. We will see where we go from here and I'm looking to stay at the club.

"I'm happy with 25 goals for Rangers this season but I would have liked to have played more and I would have liked to have scored more.

"We were delighted to win the two domestic cups. We set out to win the league and we didn't get there but we will be back next season."

Boyd, who has withdrawn from the Scotland squad to play the Czech Republic in Prague on Friday, confessed the title is a priority after losing out again to three-in-a-row Celtic.

He insisted the club's glory run to the UEFA Cup Final cost them their first championship since 2005.

Boyd said: "Reaching the UEFA Cup Final was amazing.

It was disappointing to lose but getting to Manchester was still a terrific achievement.

"Our European exploits probably cost us the SPL title but you're unlikely to have the chance of winning a UEFA Cup medal again.

"You just have to get on with it and I'm sure we will be back next year."

Meanwhile, Scotland teammate Dailly is set to sign a new deal.

The 34-year-old arrived from West Ham in January and even though he has still to move his family up from London, he is ready to commit.

He said: "I've spoken to the manager and we have more or less agreed a deal.

"I haven't spoken to the chief executive and I haven't signed anything but in principle there is a good chance of me signing.

"Rangers are a brilliant club and what I have been involved in here since I signed in January has been phenomenal.

"It hasn't been easy with my family living down south but we have a strong family and they have been fine with it.

"That's the life of a footballer. It's not a normal existence."