Christian wants to stay

Boab

Keeping The Faith

By Lindsay Herron

CHRISTIAN DAILLY has spent less than four months with Rangers and played in just 22 games but he is already acutely aware of the stature and power of the club.

The Scotland star has already had discussions about playing next season and nothing would give him greater pleasure if a deal could be done.

Christian Dailly and Carlos CuellarSome cynics scoffed at the impact he would have when he was released by West Ham and joined on January 30.

At the age of 34 he was seen as over the hill, but Dailly has been a terrific player for Rangers in the second half of the marathon campaign in which his supreme fitness has been so prevalent.

Dailly's versatility makes him a very useful man for Walter Smith and with Davie Weir perhaps moving to pastures new, that aspect will be in the manager's mind.

Dailly told me: "I have had a little chat with the manager and I will speak to him again.

"Hopefully we can get something sorted and we will see what happens.

"Rangers are a brilliant club and what I have been involved in here since I signed in January has been phenomenal.

"But until we do something I don't really want to say too much.

"It hasn't been too easy with my family living down south but we have a strong family and they have been fine with it.

"That's the life of a footballer. It's not a normal existence."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1319662,00.html

Doesn't actually say he wants to stay but he might aswell have tbh.

Without being too disrespectful to a Rangers player, he can frankly do one, a player who I found myself becoming more and more frustrated at towards the end of the season, his distribution was up there with the likes of Mo Ross, and his giving away of needless fouls saw a constant scene of me jumping off my couch and screaming WTF are you doing!!!

A player who I will not shed a tear for if he never plays again for us!

Walter has been at pains to tell us that he plans to bring in quality in defence, midfield and attack. Assuming one of the positions he intends to strengthen is right-back, Dailly HAS to be looked at as back-up for next season. He came to Rangers prepared to be a squad player and I'm sure that's what he'll be. :)

Wouldn't bet my house on it tho! :rolleyes:

Not a disaster IMO but with big Davie wanting to leave for somewhere nearer home then i think we need another player in there. Or what about moving papac into the middle which is meant to be his favoured position?

Not a disaster IMO but with big Davie wanting to leave for somewhere nearer home then i think we need another player in there. Or what about moving papac into the middle which is meant to be his favoured position?

I'd prefer Papac at centre-back before Dailly too, but it has to be said he didn't look too hot there when he first came to Ibrox. Of course, that might have had something to do with the partners he had in defence at the time. I'm not too sure if he had Svensson beside him on many occasions, but if he did he's got a ready-made excuse!

Good option for cover, IMHO - I think he plays better in the holding role than Hemdani in rough and tumble SPL games. When we went to Tynecastle, the amount of headers he won in that role was really impressive.

players like dailly where brought in to build a team that would be hard to beat and stop the rut! Think we need to start buying players with a bit more quality that can take us to the next level!

He would do me as a back-up, solely due to his versatility. NOT as a first-team player though, the thought of him playing in the Champions League for us scares the shit out of me!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course he wants to stay.He has no future down south in the premiership unless one of the promoted sides wants experience, doubtful if any championship side would want him either.Spl is a good option as he would find it easier playing against the lower quality players in this league rather than the better opposition found in the top 2 leagues down south.

I dread the thought of him giving away so many stupid fouls again next season like the 2 that cost us the goals against the sheep. However, he is better than Broadfoot and Whittaker, not that this means much.

He'll play every so often, give away ridiculous fouls, scream at the referee and pass the ball to the opposition 9 times out of 10.