Give Gazza a job Walter

andyboy66

I am sure that Rangers fans at least could think of a way to send a really cool "Get well" card in come constructive manner, to show the man we still appriciate him and that he's one of our legends, always in our hearts.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure that Rangers fans at least could think of a way to send a really cool "Get well" card in come constructive manner, to show the man we still appriciate him and that he's one of our legends, always in our hearts.

(tu)

Gazza has just been sectioned...I hope he can make a breakthrough ...its his only chance he can't do this on his own

Scarybearette where did you hear/read that?

Its been on Sky Sports News aswell......Shame to see such a legend like this.

Because he was sectioned under the mental health act, does that mean that he cant discharge himself at will now?

Someone said earlier that it only lasts for 48 hours and then you can discharge yourself, provided the doctors think you're capable.

Because he was sectioned under the mental health act, does that mean that he cant discharge himself at will now?

Someone said earlier that it only lasts for 48 hours and then you can discharge yourself, provided the doctors think you're capable.

So if they feel he isnt capable, they can keep him in indefenite?

i understand your sentiments mate but i doubt that alone would sort him out, he does require a lengthy process of rehabilitation and help with his problems.

mental health problems are such a tough thing to live with i feel for him. but if he were to want back into football then no better place than with walter and kenny to learn from.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2204983.stm

this has the basic information regarding length of time.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2204983.stm

this has the basic information regarding length of time.

Cheers for that rfcfan2008, heres hoping he will get himself sorted with the right help and support.

Interesting to see the rise in numbers sectioned:

How often are these powers used?

Between 1989 and 1990, 16,300 were given compulsory treatment against their will.

In 2000/2001, 26,707 were formally admitted against their will, in addition to 19,570 who went voluntarily to hospital in the first instance but who were then sectioned.

Hate to say it but I can see this ending in one hell of a lot of tears. I hope to god he gets better and can get sorted out but he does need something different to get him better. BD had a pretty valid point in relation to the 'short sharp shock' thing. There are rehab places I have read and seen on tv about and they have helped some really fucked up people. Was a while ago so can't provide sources and too lazy to do so right now! Maybe he does need an alternative way to get better than being pampered. Just a thought.

I think perhaps it will be a bit harder to reach him that we think. It's some times assumed that people with mental health problems just have to pull themselves together and everything will be fine but a malfunctioning brain is as likely (or unlikely) to be cured by pulling ones self together as any other malfunctioning organ

We sent a card a few weeks ago.

where are gazza's family and so called friends , the ones that he kept financially , when he was at his peak , they should be ashamed of themselves , they should be at his side , but are nowhere to be seen

i am not sure there is anything rangers could do to help him

Just listened to his close pal Gary Mabbut who is trying to help him and he reckons Gazza will not listen to advice

Once he goes in for detox he decides a couple of days later he is ok signs himself out and goes out amd does everything again relapses, bevvy drugs he didnt elaborate exactly ??

Seems Gazza worst enemy is himself <cr>

Honestly.

Anyone championing religion on the back of Gazza is a fucking slug!

Wasn't championing it Jim, was just replying to WB. I think religion is the last thing Gascoigne would take on board at this moment in time. :unsure:

It wasn't aimed at you mate.

I've since recieved a couple of PM's from Mr Allah trying to justify his comment. His rants have no place on this thread whatsoever

Now I couldn't care less about religion, I'm a devout atheist and comments like his only streangthen my beliefs.

I hope his next shite is a sore one

Imaging though Gazza becoming a buddhist monk, how funny would that be? :lol:

The Wye Aye Lama :D