Boyd bid rejected - official

Ibroxblue

I'd be gutted if we let him go.

We have to build the team around guys like him.

£2.5M would be an insult.

I sincerely hope our rejection is because we want to keep the player, rather than because £2.5M isn't enough.

Do you think we will though? :unsure:

The signings of miller and lafferty would suggest we are

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sincerely hope our rejection is because we want to keep the player, rather than because £2.5M isn't enough.

Velicka?

Velicka?

you need cover, if cousin and naismith are away. Miller stated in one of his first interviews that he could be the perfect foil for boyd so its may be that walter has spoken to him and brought him here about playing that kind of role

Velicka?

you need cover, if cousin and naismith are away. Miller stated in one of his first interviews that he could be the perfect foil for boyd so its may be that walter has spoken to him and brought him here about playing that kind of role

It's not exactly Villa and Torres but if that's what we're going with we'll just have to see how it works.

"Agree with what?" Yeah, I know, "you" was meant in plural.

The thing is, I can't see us ever getting more than £3.5m for him. I just can't see where that bid will come from. Unless he gets a decent run in the team (which he won't), and performs well and scores goals against decent teams, I don't think his value will go up at all.

Now, Cousin should go is a given. When you're finished slapping Welshies you can come back up to Glasgow and help me kick his arse out the door. JCD can't last 90 mins, but as a back up hes surely ok? Same with Novo, he has been playing on the wing, but as a back up striker he's not too bad.

so

Velicka, Lafferty, Miller, JCD, Novo.

We have 5 strikers, and with two (maximum ) up front at any time, do we need 6? In an ideal world, you would lose JCD and Novo, but then you would have 4 strikers competing for two spots, who do you drop? Don't tell me Miller is anything but first choice, no way would Walter have signed him against the fans' wishes unless he was going to play him. He's just spent £4.5m on Lafferty and Velicka, so will he play one of them, or the guy he has consistently norefused to play since arriving at the club?

I have to be realistic about it, we won't get value from keeping Boyd unless we play him regularly - not a chance. We'll never get more than £3.5m for him if we keep him on the subs bench another year. So, in my opinion, highest bid secures (hopefully more than £3.5m but I have my doubts).

Anyway, night shift tonight, so off to bed. Night night

I would normally offer my own reasons as to why I would accept the offer, but I'll agree with above.

Just like to say for once I am really impressed with RFC the website has been brilliant on tranfer news keeping us in the know and feel part of the team when they do things like this!!

well done RFC!!

:rangers:

some cardiff fans say their club dont have the money but others are saying they are preparing a 3.5M with addons to £4M bid...

Apparently the add ons are based on them getting promoted, which they have no chance of and especially won't if they're spending almost all the money got from Ramsey on Boyd.

Should tell them to fuck off, though if McCulloch warrants a "not for sale" statement then fuck knows.

Danny, it happened, so, we HAVE been insulted. I say we slap some welshies about for it :craphead:

Sounds good to me :craphead:

Being serious though, I meant that accepting the bid would be insulting to the player.

Aye, it would be, find it insulting as a fan if it was accepted. Its amazing the sale value some people put on Boyd, while, at the same time, people want a striker to score goals :unsure:

"Agree with what?" Yeah, I know, "you" was meant in plural.

The thing is, I can't see us ever getting more than £3.5m for him. I just can't see where that bid will come from. Unless he gets a decent run in the team (which he won't), and performs well and scores goals against decent teams, I don't think his value will go up at all.

Now, Cousin should go is a given. When you're finished slapping Welshies you can come back up to Glasgow and help me kick his arse out the door. JCD can't last 90 mins, but as a back up hes surely ok? Same with Novo, he has been playing on the wing, but as a back up striker he's not too bad.

so

Velicka, Lafferty, Miller, JCD, Novo.

We have 5 strikers, and with two (maximum ) up front at any time, do we need 6? In an ideal world, you would lose JCD and Novo, but then you would have 4 strikers competing for two spots, who do you drop? Don't tell me Miller is anything but first choice, no way would Walter have signed him against the fans' wishes unless he was going to play him. He's just spent £4.5m on Lafferty and Velicka, so will he play one of them, or the guy he has consistently norefused to play since arriving at the club?

I have to be realistic about it, we won't get value from keeping Boyd unless we play him regularly - not a chance. We'll never get more than £3.5m for him if we keep him on the subs bench another year. So, in my opinion, highest bid secures (hopefully more than £3.5m but I have my doubts).

Anyway, night shift tonight, so off to bed. Night night

I would normally offer my own reasons as to why I would accept the offer, but I'll agree with above.

Cant agree on the value, seems crazy to me. Especially given peoples reactions to Mcculloch and miller, they are then putting Boyd in the same price bracket? nah, i dont buy that

I think if he was going to go Smith would have accepted that offer.

Smith has aparently said that boyd is in his plans for next season.

He bloody better be. He is the most consistent scorer since Super Ally.

Miller and Lafferty have been brought in to support Boyd.

Without Boyd = No goals and no future for Miller/Lafferty!

If Walter allows Boyd to leave then it will be the final straw as far as I’m concerned. How can any manager allow a striker who (in the past two and a half seasons) has managed to score more goals than all three of his new signings put together in the same period.

Some on here will argue that the £3m we might get for Boyd would be a great piece of business but I aint having any of that. If we lose Boyd then we lose his goals and IMO his goals are far more valuable than a megre £3m regardless of what people think of him as a player.

I mean how much were his goals worth when Walter took over from leGuen? when Boyds goals played a massive part in us finishing 2nd and getting the Champions league spot. In this period (which I think Walter seems to forget) Boyd scored more than 50% of our goals and without him I doubt Smith would have had such an instant impact.

stats speak volumes, we need boyd here, yes he can be lazy sometimes but its been such a long time since iv seen such a natural goal scorer playing for Rangers, hes proved what he can do time and time again.

I'm not Boyd's biggest of fans but he's a goal machine and you cant take that away from him.

If he is sold then we will have to bring in a quality striker as the three signings we have brought in couldn't hit a barn door. 46 goals between Miller, Velicka and Lafferty in the last two seasons is hardly mouth-watering stuff.

Had we brought in a couple of quality strikers then we could of moved Boyd on.

I don't think even Walter is crazy enough to sell our top scorer of the past few seasons.

I think he's been looking for a partner for him.

You NEVER know with walter

but yes, it seems to me that miller and lafferty are perfect partners for boyd, velicka i think is just back-up for the spl because Boyd's lazy

I'm not Boyd's biggest of fans but he's a goal machine and you cant take that away from him.

If he is sold then we will have to bring in a quality striker as the three signings we have brought in couldn't hit a barn door. 46 goals between Miller, Velicka and Lafferty in the last two seasons is hardly mouth-watering stuff.

I never hear you say positive things??

just out of interest who is your fav player and also who would you like to see line up next season within reason.

just out of interest who is your fav player and also who would you like to see line up next season within reason.

What is there positive to say about selling a goal scorer and replacing him with 3 strikers who hit 46 goals between them in 2 seasons, albeit one of them played out on the left for the majority of games.

Kevin Thomson

_________________McGregor________________

__________Cuellar________New CB__________

New RB____________________________New LB

_____________Davis____Thomson____________

Beasley__________New AM____________New LW

_________________Lafferty__________________

Alexander

Whittaker

Papac

Weir

Ferguson

Furman

Fleck

Velicka

What is there positive to say about selling a goal scorer and replacing him with 3 strikers who hit 46 goals between them in 2 seasons, albeit one of them played out on the left for the majority of games.

Kevin Thomson

_________________McGregor________________

__________Cuellar________New CB__________

New RB____________________________New LB

_____________Davis____Thomson____________

Beasley__________New AM____________New LW

_________________Lafferty__________________

Alexander

Whittaker

Papac

Weir

Ferguson

Furman

Fleck

Velicka

I am not having a go was just wandering your team looks good and I agree with it!! but I would have ferguson in the midfield sorry.