C'mon ra Hoops

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't know that - wonder why they changed?

Bayern's home kit of last season would look quite nice in blue.

No idea. They wore it right up until 1927-28 according to that site.

[

The more I look at it the more I think the date is just wrong, Sorensen never player a game that season but Gerry Neef was in the 68-69 squad. :sherlock:

Yes that's another possibility, the date on that photo could be incorrect.

dave white was only in charge from the start of 68/69 season ,so imo it is the correct season.

[

The more I look at it the more I think the date is just wrong, Sorensen never player a game that season but Gerry Neef was in the 68-69 squad. :sherlock:

dave white was only in charge from the start of 68/69 season ,so imo it is the correct season.

Davie White was announced manager of Rangers on November 1st 1967-68 season and I think the picture was taken at the end of that season and not the dates mentioned. :sherlock:

[

Davie White was announced manager of Rangers on November 1st 1967-68 season and I think the picture was taken at the end of that season and not the dates mentioned. :sherlock:

he sure did blue, and we only lost 1 game that season against aberdeen and we lost the league.

[

he sure did blue, and we only lost 1 game that season against aberdeen and we lost the league.

(tu) Correct Minst, last game of the season at Ibrox, a bummer can remember exactly where I was standin at the game ! :sherlock:

[

(tu) Correct Minst, last game of the season at Ibrox, a bummer can remember exactly where I was standin at the game ! :sherlock:

i was standing under stairway 13 and was devestated how we managed to lose the league.

Were we the original hoops though??

What I mean is although we were the the first team to sport the stripes were we ever called the hoops??

We were always the gers as far as I can tell. They are called the hoops as a nickname we are the gers. So from that point of view we aren't the original hoops.

Just a thought

[

i was standing under stairway 13 and was devestated how we managed to lose the league.

For once we didn't go into the Derry and stood right behind the goal half way up the terracing and I can always remember there was a bint in the Directors box dressed in red from head to foot, always stuck in my mind that, I hated those c-nts even then ! :sherlock:

We still would have lost the league if we won that game.

yes but to lose the title was unreal after losing just the one game, plus the draws killed us that season. :)

yes but to lose the title was unreal after losing just the one game, plus the draws killed us that season. :)

True. It may have been different if we knew a win against Aberdeen would have won the title.

True. It may have been different if we knew a win against Aberdeen would have won the title.

we even took 3 points from the two old firm clashes.

I'd buy it... ;)

I've always quite liked QPR's kit. Little bit of history...QPR played in green and white hoops before Celtic did.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Queens_Par...ark_Rangers.htm

Interesting stuff.

I asked about this on a QPR forum and it was suggested this was a 'religious decision' as someone put it. They seem very coy about it but St. Judes was mentioned as well the political situation in the 20's.

Good material for a quiz question about Rangers playing in green and white hoops though. :)

I asked about this on a QPR forum and it was suggested this was a 'religious decision' as someone put it. They seem very coy about it but St. Judes was mentioned as well the political situation in the 20's.

Good material for a quiz question about Rangers playing in green and white hoops though. :)

Sure is, serious trivia :D

But I had to laugh, St Judes?

FFS, even I know that he is the Patron Saint of lost causes!

Sure is, serious trivia :D

But I had to laugh, St Judes?

FFS, even I know that he is the Patron Saint of lost causes!

Haha...QPR were originally St. Jude's (institute) until they merged with Christchurch Rangers. Have been trying to find out where the 'Rangers' came from. No luck so far.

Haha...QPR were originally St. Jude's (institute) until they merged with Christchurch Rangers. Have been trying to find out where the 'Rangers' came from. No luck so far.

Named after a Scottish football team maybe?

Named after a Scottish football team maybe?

Quite possibly. Can find nothing on Christchurch Rangers, the nearest I've got is a Rangers AFC in Chritchurch NZ, http://www.rangersafc.org.nz/ . :)