Kevin Thomson, would you have him any other way?

There is some dispute about the amount of cards and suspensions that KT picks up but would you have him any other way?

We need someone who can try and control the middle of the park, and fight for every ball, yes at times this can come across as being overly aggressive and because of this he picks up cards which leads to suspensions but it could be a lot worse if all of our players wouldn't tackle.

He lacks the pace, movement and awareness to play any other way and if he was hooked to avoid being sent off in a friendly then it would appear he lacks the basic common sense,instinct and ability to take on the role of midfield leader.

Nothing wrong with putting in strong challenges but too often he gets into trouble with niggly fouls and desperation tackles because he is too slow and on the wrong side of opponents.

He is the only player in our midefield with the guts to challange a 50-50 ball.

He puts his foot in and leaves a mark on the opposition.

Class player. He just needs an attacking option beside him who can play off his challanges.

Dont change Thomo - you're the only bit of grit we have!

I like a bit o the mad bastard in oor team, altho, he shld kno when not to go too far - like a game before a European or a Tim 1!

Keep d fire in d belly, I say!

(tu) We need his aggression. Hopefully in time like Roy Keane in his prime, he will of already won the midfield battle before the match has kicked off because the other team no they will get no rest on the ball and will be hit hard when they have it.

Its not the bookings for bad challenges that irritates me, i luv the way he tackles.

Its the stupid bookings for dissent and kicking the ball away that end up costing him suspensions.

I dont want him to change the way he plays but he has to cut out the "silly bookings"

oh shit, am agreeing with DB and Papa again..... neeed....................tooooooo...........drink.........more..............

:beer2:

happening too much for me lately mate :beer2:

Am I becomiing a disgruntled outlaw??? Or are you becoming a positive poster compared to some?

Either way, its a weird one haha

oh shit, am agreeing with DB and Papa again..... neeed....................tooooooo...........drink.........more..............

Am I becomiing a disgruntled outlaw??? Or are you becoming a positive poster compared to some?

Disgruntled_papalaw69 :D

You can't change Thomson. It's like taking the aggression out of Wayne Rooney, you'd lose half his game (td)

Disgruntled_papalaw69 :D

You can't change Thomson. It's like taking the aggression out of Wayne Rooney, you'd lose half his game (td)

I think i threw p a little in my mouth there :craphead:

love you guys really ;)

He lacks the pace, movement and awareness to play any other way and if he was hooked to avoid being sent off in a friendly then it would appear he lacks the basic common sense,instinct and ability to take on the role of midfield leader.

Nothing wrong with putting in strong challenges but too often he gets into trouble with niggly fouls and desperation tackles because he is too slow and on the wrong side of opponents.

I think that's a very accurate summation doc. (tu)

IMO Thomson had a decent season, no more no less. It beats me how so many people can go overboard about a player who couldn't lace the boots of the vast majority of midfielders we've had at Rangers.

I think that's a very accurate summation doc. (tu)

IMO Thomson had a decent season, no more no less. It beats me how so many people can go overboard about a player who couldn't lace the boots of the vast majority of midfielders we've had at Rangers.

Both correct viewpoints. Thomson gets booked far too often and is too slow, with little creativity or vision. Works very hard and gets torn in but so does Novo. He is ok, decent, but far from great.