JCD: 'Man for man, we were better'

Boab

Striker's Gers title claim

DARCH: CELTS NICKED CHAMPIONSHIP

By Graeme Bryce

JEAN-CLAUDE DARCHEVILLE has kicked off the first Old Firm controversy of the season — by claiming Celtic fans know their team weren’t the best in the SPL last season.

The Frenchman insists Rangers would have won the title easily if they hadn’t been undermined by a massive fixture pile-up at the end.

He claims his team-mates were so knackered by the end of their marathon 68-game campaign they couldn’t even muster the energy to raise the Scottish Cup at Hampden, let alone a gallop against Queen of the South.

Darcheville claimed: “The Celtic fans know that had Rangers played the same amount of games as Celtic, then Rangers would have won the league easily. I went home after the Aberdeen game and I wasn’t happy because my team had lost the SPL title. But afterwards, in bed, I could still see game after game in my head and knew we had lost the title because everyone was too tired.

“You could see the Celtic fans after winning their final game. They may have just won the championship but this year they were not so happy, because I am sure they know they only won the SPL because Rangers players played too many games.

“Man for man, I think that Rangers was better last season but we played too many games. When the team won the Scottish Cup, no one had the strength to lift the trophy! Too many players were simply too tired.”

Darcheville’s words are sure to wind up Celtic fans ahead of the season’s first Old Firm clash at Celtic Park on August 31.

He said: “Last season I am sure Rangers were better than Celtic. This season, I will have to wait and see because Celtic will have some new players. But after five or six games you can quickly see signs of who is emerging as the best.

“Celtic and Rangers also meet four times in the SPL and, after all of these games, you should be able to tell who is better.”

http://blogs.notw.co.uk/notw_scotland_spor...ers-t.html#more

I wish he'd just be quiet tbh, league table doesn't lie and I don't like all these back statements.

hes just saying exactly what happened tho

there was even a huge thread on here about how they won a tainted title

they won coz we were knackered,got no help from spl,had them moaning and groaning about spl integrity,we had so much against us last year yet so much going for us too(uefa cup run),good on you darcheville cellic were and are shite (tu)

The league table never proved that.

Last seasons gone, focus on this season ffs.

"Celtic and Rangers also meet four times in the SPL and, after all of these games, you should be able to tell who is better.”

Didnt both teams win 2 games? :unsure:

Well, in all fairness, we went to parkhead and scored 3 goals last season, yet didnt win any games, we all know if we picked up at least a point in one of those old firm games (especially the first one) we would have won the league

We would have won the league at a canter, had it not been for the backlog and extended European run, no doubt about it. The scum know it.

Exactly. Queue numpties saying "the table doesn't lie".

Totally right. We were the better team.

Can't believe the amount of tims on this board... I'm about 2 posts from leaving for Follow Follow.

Shame you can't face the realistic truth then, that we're poor now and were poor then..

i still think we should have been able to win the league regardless of the fixture pile up. Many things contributed to us not winning the league, the fixture pile up, the ridiculous amount of ref decisions celtic got, walter smiths negative tactics, walter smith persisting with off form player like lee mcculloch and not giving attacking players like gow and buffel a chance. They didnt win the league we threw it away and only have ourselves to blame. The final old firm game pissed me off the most though, they got 2 very bad decisions gone their way and thats what won them the game. Mcdonald was offside for his first goal by a good yard and the "penalty" was outside the box for a start and mcdonald stood on broadfoots foot which made him lose his balance and fall forward knocking mcdonald down. Never a penalty. 2 decisions wrong 2 goals and 3 points to them when it would and should have been 3 points to us. Theres a fine line between success and failure.

Can't believe the amount of tims on this board... I'm about 2 posts from leaving for Follow Follow.

Shame you can't face the realistic truth then, that we're poor now and were poor then..

Shame you can't face the realistic truth yourself.

We would have won the league last season if it wasn't for fixture congestion. Fact.

We haven't sold anyone who played last season, and brought players in, therefore we're stronger now than we were last season. Fact.

Celtic make shit overpaid signings and will do so in this window too. Fact

We have more chance of winning the league this year than we did last year. Fact.

Shame you can't face the realistic truth yourself.

We would have won the league last season if it wasn't for fixture congestion. Fact.

We haven't sold anyone who played last season, and brought players in, therefore we're stronger now than we were last season. Fact.

Celtic make shit overpaid signings and will do so in this window too. Fact

We have more chance of winning the league this year than we did last year. Fact.

I'm glad there are still some on this forum that can think for themselves rather than follow the lead of the noisy and negative few. Good post Stardog. It's good to see some realism amongst the OTT rants that RM has been plagued with lately! (tu) Some seem to prefer looking for reasons to criticise Rangers rather than acknowledge that there are a few bright spots amid the gloom. :huh:

Darcheville was only giving his opinion of last season, which he's perfectly entitled to do. And he will have been given permission to do the interview by the club, as has been required by all players since the Bert Konterman farce of a few years ago. I'm sure the vast majority of our players will be thinking along the same lines as JCD too.

Uggg

"“Last season I am sure Rangers were better than Celtic. This season, I will have to wait and see because Celtic will have some new players. But after five or six games you can quickly see signs of who is emerging as the best."

I do love how some folk think that by putting 'FACT' at the end of their sentence, it means they think that means they're right! :lol:

I don't think that's what you meant to say. (FACT)

Also, criticising people for using "FACT" doesn't meant that what they say is false. (FACT)

We might of done but we didnt and it wasn't just down the SPL, fixtures, European commitment etc. The same could be said when they got to Seville.

End of the day, celtc won 3 in a row, they cannot be allowed to make it 4!

We might of done but we didnt and it wasn't just down the SPL, fixtures, European commitment etc. The same could be said when they got to Seville.

End of the day, celtc won 3 in a row, they cannot be allowed to make it 4!

They won't.