More info regarding Falkirk away

I recieved a phone call from the Chairman of my Supporters Club in the last hour informing me of further information regarding this ticketing farce surrounding the Falkirk away game on the 9th of August. As you probably all know, Falkirk have refused to send Rangers any tickets for this match due to our club wanting 5% of the ticket income for allocating them to Rangers fans.

Falkirk have now decided to sell the tickets to Rangers fans themselves, cutting out Rangers Football Club completely. I would like to tell you what i have just been told, that being that Falkirk will primarily sell tickets to postal applicants. There is an application form in tomorrow's Falkirk Herald for Rangers fans to purchase tickets with. Apparently you need to fill this out and send it to Falkirk Football Club and there is a limit of 4 tickets per application. I would assume that they would then send the tickets directly to you.

If there are tickets left over from the postal applications then they will go on public sale. Just thought i would let you all know to give you a better chance of getting a ticket. As usual us fans are being dragged over the hot coal because our club want to penny-pinch from the smaller clubs in the SPL. Another example of Murray not giving a fuck about the loyal fans who travel to watch Rangers away from home.

Hope this infor helps. :rangers:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from the falkirk herald website

http://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/news/Bairns...atch.4309239.jp

The club has now teamed up with The Falkirk Herald, their official media partners, to ensure that the bulk of tickets for the opening game of the new campaign will be made available to Rangers supporters who live in the local area.

The sale will initially be by postal application. This week's edition of The Falkirk Herald (available from usual newsagents and outlets on Thursday, July 24) will include a special application coupon.

Away fans who wish to attend the match are asked to complete the coupon (sorry, photocopies cannot be accepted) and return it to the club by 5 p.m. on Thursday, July 31.

Applications can be made for a maximum of four tickets and FULLY completed* coupons should be returned to the stadium, accompanied by the correct remittance and a stamped addressed envelope.

They will be processed on receipt and successful applicants will receive their tickets in the post in good time for the match.

Should there be an over subscription then any unsuccessful applicants will receive a full refund.

However, any tickets which remain unsold following the postal phase of the sale will go on general sale on Tuesday, August 5, at 10 a.m. from the stadium ticket office. The general sale will close at 3 p.m. on Friday, August 8.

Please note there will be no sale of tickets for ANY part of the ground on match day.

* Clubs who compete in the SPL are required to comply with strict guidelines concerning 'unacceptable conduct'. As a consequence, all supporters who attend matches, either home or away, are required to give their personal details at point of sale. A copy of the guidelines can be found on www.falkirkfc.co.uk – the official FFC website.

IMPORTANT: ALL QUERIES ON THIS MATTER SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO FALKIRK FC AND NOT THE FALKIRK HERALD!

If you live outwith the area then a copy of this Thursday's (24th) Falkirk Herald can be posted out to you.

However, orders MUST be received no later than 5 p.m. on Wednesday (23rd) along with full payment of £1.25, which covers first class postage, so that they can be processed and delivered in time for the first day of the sale.

Please send your name, address and payment (made out to Johnston Newspapers), to Rangers Tickets Application, The Falkirk Herald, Redbrae Road, Camelon, Falkirk FK1 4ZA.

Payment can also be made by credit or debit card by calling (01324) 624959. Please do not send cash under any circumstances.

HOME supporters' tickets for the West Stand go on sale today (July 21) to existing Falkirk season ticket holders and a general sale will commence on Monday, July 28.

celtic want the same percentage. So if us as fans dont buy the tickets straight from these clubs. These clubs will perish slowly but surely.

This is our 'boycott' opportunity....

yes it is a boycott opportunity

and yes where will we get a falkirk herald in glasgow

the mind boggles

but where there is a will there is a way

the travelling support have always managed to get tickets however hard they are to get

we will always follow on no matter the barricades that are put up in front of us

we arra people

yes it is a boycott opportunity

and yes where will we get a falkirk herald in glasgow

the mind boggles

but where there is a will there is a way

the travelling support have always managed to get tickets however hard they are to get

we will always follow on no matter the barricades that are put up in front of us

we arra people

The thing i loved about in the stadium in manchester ... is when i looked about and seen about 75 %of the stadium rangers fans, i thout to myself that every single one has a story to tell about how they got there ticket. am sure if we managed to get so many for manchester .. falkirk will be no bother (tu)

Still a farse tho... but we still are the people :rangers:

All nostalgia aside this is still a complete joke. I go to the vast majority of away games and was intending on going to Falkirk, but I'm not driving over there just to buy a paper. If every away game is like this it's going to be a monumental hassle following the team this year.

A recipe for disaster. If Falkirk are issuing the tickets then Rangers can in no way be held responsible for their fans. Surely Falkirk are giving themselves a logistical nightmare policing this.

Surely there are security problems here as well...

Whats to stop a group of idiots buying the tickets then just going for a fight...

Or people who have been banned from Ibrox or that just applying for tickets at the away games?

Everytime we play away the ticket prices are put up by about 15% so we are right to ask for some back!

Fukin cunts, the SPL would be nothing without the Old Firm!!

Again this has been handled badly by the wonderfully efficient and brilliant people who are in daily control at the old firm.

I thought the handling charge idea was in response to those clubs that inflate the ticket prices for old firm fans but it seems that it is a blanket charge for all away games. So rather than a ploy to protect our fans from thieving profiteering clubs like Hearts etc this handling fee is simply a way of making money.

Falkirk are charging our fans the same price as home fans and it will be interesting to see what Hearts and Killie charge us.

Anyone know what is happening regarding Aberdeen?

Payment was supposed to be due out of our accounts tomorrow.

I can't imagine the mutton molesters agreeing to this 5% either.

An old work mate lives in Falkirk and is dealing with that game but if Aberdeen do something similar I'm Donald ducked

What a fucking hypocrite I am.

Just got offered a ticket and accepted it right away :rolleyes:

I'll need to rethink this 'boycott' strategy :ph34r:

The only ground I'll be avoiding is Dundee Uniteds. If I get them though the allocation I'll inform rangers I'll be washing my hair that day

Weren't Falkirk one of the clubs who backed our bid to the league being extended?

At the end of the day id rather have some of my money going to Rangers rather than in these penny pinching clubs. I won't be buying any tickets for away games like this.

This is an opportunity for a boycott, it will show them that they need our money after all the Old Firm keep the rest of the league finacially sound.

:lol: Happens to us all Manti, we just can't get enough of following Rangers.

We could maybe make ourselves feel like we did something though by boycotting the pie stall. You up for it? We could be rebels. :D

The only ground I'll be avoiding is Dundee Uniteds. If I get them though the allocation I'll inform rangers I'll be washing my hair that day

Weren't Falkirk one of the clubs who backed our bid to the league being extended?

Rangers are actually being very unfair by introducing these measures to ALL SPL clubs. Especially considering that teams such as Falkirk and St Mirren charge the away fans the exact same as the home fans for these games. The club is going to hurt the smaller teams whereas Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee United should be the target teams. They have been shafting us for years with ticket prices.

Yes, Falkirk did back our extention bid. BTW Jim, with regards to Aberdeen away, neither club have released any information yet. If the Sheep do go down the same route it could become a security nightmare. Would you put it past some of those bitter bastards getting Rangers end tickets to cause trouble? I wouldn't.