It is with a very heavy heart that I have to say this...

Huistra

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll never forgive him for the shocking decisions from him in that final.

Despite the fact his decisions got us there in the first place.......

What Doc said and he never finished the job, hurts. Wanted the trophy and not all the other romance or crap that went with it to be quite frank.

fud.

:lol:

And you call me abusive.

He has a point, he's spilling his heart out about his concerns for the team he loves and you jump in like a drunk husband.

At least soothe our concerns with why he is still the right man for the job.

As far as I'm concerned his tactical decisions, continuously playing his mates instead of better players and his hinting at the fact some Rangers fans are 'bigots' have me in the same boat as the OP.

Get a fuckin grip of yourself! The league hasn't even started yet and you're calling for the managers head. Are you a Tim? That is not, and never has been, the Rangers way. doh

Huistra aint no tim.

I find your endless posts of scorn in the face of adversity highly laughable.

Are you an idiot?

If it was Le Guen or Mcleish, the boo boys would have hounded them out by now.

But, Walter past is keeping him a job.

Gtf Walter :)

Absolute pish as usual. Forgotten the European final already? <cr>

I would prefer to forget a final where we were totally outclassed and thrashed. Let the Tims and Tartan army celebrate "glorious defeats" not us.

On the whole since returning your signings have been poor.

One of the big things I agree on, often overlooked by people.

Weir

Ehiogu

Thomson

Gow

Beasley

Graeme Smith

Broadfoot

Darcheville

Cuellar

Carroll

McCulloch

Whittaker

Cousin

Faye

Naismith

Webster

Alexander

Dailly

The players in bold above are the good signings he has made (imo).

3 out of 18? A 1 in 6 success rate, that is Eck standards.

How in f**ks name can you say Beasley and Naismith are a success for Rangers, when they have spent the vast majority of their RFC career thus far- on the treatment table??

I believe the quote was "good signings"

We are a different team when Beasley plays, and Naismith will be a star for us when he is played up front. Although I think Walter genuinely believes Naismith is too lightweight to play up front in the SPL despite winning YPOTY 2 years running with Killie.

On the whole since returning your signings have been poor.

One of the big things I agree on, often overlooked by people.

Weir

Ehiogu

Thomson

Gow

Beasley

Graeme Smith

Broadfoot

Darcheville

Cuellar

Carroll

McCulloch

Whittaker

Cousin

Faye

Naismith

Webster

Alexander

Dailly

The players in bold above are the good signings he has made (imo).

3 out of 18? A 1 in 6 success rate, that is Eck standards.

How in f**ks name can you say Beasley and Naismith are a success for Rangers, when they have spent the vast majority of their RFC career thus far- on the treatment table??

I believe the quote was "good signings"

We are a different team when Beasley plays, and Naismith will be a star for us when he is played up front. Although I think Walter genuinely believes Naismith is too lightweight to play up front in the SPL despite winning YPOTY 2 years running with Killie.

think Naismith is a cracking player when hes confident so agree completely, all he needs is a regular starting place when fit (tu)

I'll never forgive him for the shocking decisions from him in that final.

Despite the fact his decisions got us there in the first place.......

No respect for a manager who selects a team and system aiming NOT to win a one off cup final.

Even though, again, that system and similar team selections got us to that final <cr>

We could have gone out there, played 4-4-2 with Boyd or whatever the heck those with grudges against Smith wanted, and got pumped. There is no way of knowing. The fact is, playing that way with our limited squad got us to that final. So no wonder Smith didn't see fit to move away from those tactics.

The only real criticism I have is that he didn't change things earlier and get Novo on quicker. However, considering he led us to our first european final in 36 years, I think it's incredibly bitter to say you'll 'never forgive him' or that you have 'no respect' for him. That's just ridiculous in my view.

Here`s a more radical idea for those who are disillusioned by Rangers at present you`s leave and the sooner the better if you are unwilling to support the present team.

Like most of the current posts to replace Smith they fail to identify a feasible alternative, but merely come on here to carp which is not really constructive or advances the Rangers cause.

Was I the only person that thought we weren't too bad in the final?

After a poor first half for both teams, in the second half, Zenit allowed us more possession so they could attack us on the counter (their successful natural system that season). We looked like scoring a couple of times but eventually they did take their chance on the counter.

In addition we put a decent bit of pressure on late in the game and Novo missed a sitter. They then scored again as we pushed men forward.

Hardly embarrassing IMO.

After a poor first half for both teams, in the second half, Zenit allowed us more possession so they could attack us on the counter (their successful natural system that season). We looked like scoring a couple of times but eventually they did take their chance on the counter.

In addition we put a decent bit of pressure on late in the game and Novo missed a sitter. They then scored again as we pushed men forward.

Hardly embarrassing IMO.

We didnt play too bad but in the end the better team won

If we had 2 or 3 quality players we would have won it no bother, the blame lies at Murrays doorstep for lack of planning and investment

He should be ashamed of himself

Fergie looked in control and if we had 2 or 3 more with the same calibre who knows what would have happened

Hardly embarrassing IMO.

(tu)

Hardly embarrassing IMO.

If we had 2 or 3 quality players we would have won it no bother, the blame lies at Murrays doorstep for lack of planning and investment

Fergie looked in control and if we had 2 or 3 more with the same calibre who knows what would have happened

Reasonable money has been made available to Walter by Murray to strengthen the team. Walter seems to think that another 3 strikers were more important than the midfield. As a confirmed Murray hater it pains me to say that it is not really his fault if the money he makes available is not spent wisely.

Hardly embarrassing IMO.

Reasonable money has been made available to Walter by Murray to strengthen the team. Walter seems to think that another 3 strikers were more important than the midfield. As a confirmed Murray hater it pains me to say that it is not really his fault if the money he makes available is not spent wisely.

You cant buy decent quality with 10 million for several players you will only get a few average ones so its his fault for lack of funds

I think we all agree that the midfield being addressed is of crucial importance.........but perhaps Walter is just having to wait that wee bit longer to get in the right players, and not just throwing money at anyone to fill some gaps. Lets see where we are come the end of August (tu)

I think we all agree that the midfield being addressed is of crucial importance.........but perhaps Walter is just having to wait that wee bit longer to get in the right players, and not just throwing money at anyone to fill some gaps. Lets see where we are come the end of August (tu)

He is just going to gamble and hope we give that other lot a run for their money in the SPL its quite obvious for goodness sake

He only needs to worry about them and the 4 games against the sheep and maybe a wee scare now and the from Well and Hibs

Hardly embarrassing IMO.

You cant buy decent quality with 10 million for several players you will only get a few average ones so its his fault for lack of funds

Rangers are a business , they will not spend £15m -£20m on SPL standard players

Smith has spent around £10m at the moment , and will probably spend another £3m on 1 or 2 midfielders - depending on quality

£13m is a good transfer budget for us in the SPL

WS takes responsibility for how he spends this money

He chose to sign 3 strikers , not Murray

Hardly embarrassing IMO.

And you are trying to say Murray & Bain doesnt get filled in before he approaches a player, give me a break

Murray knows every move at Ibrox from top to botton I asure yoıu

Smith has spent around £10m at the moment , and will probably spend another £3m on 1 or 2 midfielders - depending on quality

Are you trying to say Murray is not told who Smith will approach before negotations are made for players, give me a break

Murray and Bain know every move at Ibrox from top to botton I asure you of that

Hardly embarrassing IMO.

And you are trying to say Murray & Bain doesnt get filled in before he approaches a player, give me a break

Murray knows every move at Ibrox from top to botton I asure yoıu

Are you trying to say Murray is not told who Smith will approach before negotations are made for players, give me a break

Murray and Bain know every move at Ibrox from top to botton I asure you of that

you are right , Smith indentifies the players

he picks the players , not murray

He has had a good budget this year , and spent it poorly