If we did blood youngsters

reddrock

If by some strange turn of fate this mornings report in the record is anywhere near accurate and we are going to clear the decks.

Lets imagine it is , if walter then had a bang on the head and decided to blood some young players on a very regular basis how long before we turned on them if indeed we would .

I would be happy to see this if meant proper rebuilding of the side and playing style and would suffer a season of no trophies if I could see players with heart , desire and hunger playing who showed continued and sustained improvement week on week.

Thoughts guys ?

The problem with playing the youth is our fans, they have a terrible attitude towards young scottish players and will give them stick at the first sign of trouble.

I would love to see Furman involved this year but I think our fans cause our young players to have very little confidence.

I think it would be good to see some of the young players going out on loan to get some experience before making the break through into the first team. Surley it would be a better footballing education than the reserve team?

For as long as i can remember the mankies have had good youth teams but right now we are ruling the roost,well with our under 19's anyway,

If we had any foreign coach in right now you could put your house on Fleck being in the midfield area,Dailly and Mcculloch wouldnt get near our first team,Stevie Lennon is another great wee player who would do great,Furman came in against Raith and looked hungry and positive,exactly what we need in the team.

If Wenger and Sir Furious can blood youth and make it work why do we choose to ignore it?

Arsenal and Man Utd play their youth team in the Carling cups or whatever it is i could deal with that

well greame rix bloodied a youngster and look wat happened to him,

whats the point in having murray park, when we could be giving these youngsters the best start, with us having all the technologies in our state of the art training quarters. i dont believe its about age, its about ability and for the fans that have seen our youngsters, i dont need to mention names as they are stand outs and should be picked on the simple fact they are looking better than our first team at present, fuck aye

If by some strange turn of fate this mornings report in the record is anywhere near accurate and we are going to clear the decks.

Lets imagine it is , if walter then had a bang on the head and decided to blood some young players on a very regular basis how long before we turned on them if indeed we would .

I would be happy to see this if meant proper rebuilding of the side and playing style and would suffer a season of no trophies if I could see players with heart , desire and hunger playing who showed continued and sustained improvement week on week.

Thoughts guys ?

I'd gladly give the youngsters a chance.

Posted yesterday that i'd want a first team pool of 22 / 23 with about 9 or 10 of them youngsters.

It's the way forward rather than playing average Johnny Foreigners and ageing Scottish players!!!!

Im all for letting the young guys get a chance in the first the team. As mentioned above, they certainly wont be any worse than some of the players in our current starting eleven.

But as i stated in a thread yesterday, my concerns are now that if a Fleck or Furman do establish themselves and become and top players, how long before we just sell them to the first

Premiership club ( probably Spurs )that comes waving its cheque book?

The forced sale of Hutton was a pivotal moment for us. It sent out the signal we are now a selling club, with no ambition of creating a good young side, or keeping it together.

The current regime is only concerned about balancing the books.

Blood 3 or 4 while getting rid of 6 or 7.

Personally if i had my way

Bring in Davis for however much he costs.

Try 2 loan signings for a season(Johnson and Darren Fletcher)

Pay off Dailly,Weir and Darche

Try sell Cousin to whoever,McCulloch to Stoke,Adam to Dundee Utd and Broadfoot to Whoever.

Bring in Fleck,Furman,McMillan

First team squad of

McGregor

WhittakerCuellar

BougherraPapac

Johnson,Davis,Thomson,Beasley

Lafferty/Boyd,Miller/Novo

alexander,Naismith,Fleck,Furman,Webster,

Smith,McMillan,Velicka,Hemdani,Fletcher

Just off top of my head we could make a winning team from that