Keeping things in proportion

I don't often post but after reading all of the negative stuff about rangers, one thing must be kept in mind. Celtic are also pish!!

IMO, we lost the league last season due to the fixture pile. Don't get me wrong, the football was awful last season and is shaping up to be pretty poor this season as well, but we are still well in with a chance of winning the league. As it has been for a number of seasons now in scotland, the best of a bad lot will win the league.

However, touching on another thread re. season ticket renewal, the fans must let SDM know that the current situation is not good enough and i've always been a believer in voting with my feet (pretty much the same stance as Jimenez described in the season ticket thread).

Leave blind faith to the other mhob!

This is the usual nonsense that's run out by us Gers fans in an attempt to make our inadequacies look better than they are by saying 'Oh, but Celtic are shite too'.

Are they?

Conceded less goals than us in the SPL last season and they've kept that defence.

They have a much better midfield. Players in their right position, a dead ball expert and a pacey, tricky winger in McGeady. Not to mention, that midfield has just been bolstered by the understudy of Xavi Hernandez from Barca for £700k and will be strengthened more by a Scott Brown who hasn't got the worry of his sister hanging over him any more.

Then their forward line is probably the weakest part of the team, but McDonald and Hesselink will get you goals anywhere and Samaras is decent back up.

I suggest some posters allow reality to bite. On current standing, our visit to Parkheed in 3 weeks will be all about damage limitation.

I think they are less pish than us...their pre season shows that

Walters fave midfield

Dailly Adam McCulloch Thomson

theirs McGeady Broon or Robson Hartley Nakamotor and now they have the Barca kid

bastard ate my my dog!!

This is the usual nonsense that's run out by us Gers fans in an attempt to make our inadequacies look better than they are by saying 'Oh, but Celtic are shite too'.

Are they?

Conceded less goals than us in the SPL last season and they've kept that defence.

They have a much better midfield. Players in their right position, a dead ball expert and a pacey, tricky winger in McGeady. Not to mention, that midfield has just been bolstered by the understudy of Xavi Hernandez from Barca for £700k and will be strengthened more by a Scott Brown who hasn't got the worry of his sister hanging over him any more.

Then their forward line is probably the weakest part of the team, but McDonald and Hesselink will get you goals anywhere and Samaras is decent back up.

I suggest some posters allow reality to bite. On current standing, our visit to Parkheed in 3 weeks will be all about damage limitation.

A very sensible post.

It isn't comfortable or easy to admit that we're second best but we are, despite how close we ran the league last season. That level of exertion won't be happening again this year so we have to make up the lack of dig and effort with more talent and skill.

I'm also totally fed up of losing to "the most pish Celtc side in years" almost every year. I said it under O'Neill (Celtc were pish but very effective), and I've said it under Strachan but it's wearing pretty thin now. I would also say they're only a couple of injuries away from being quite average but that's only excuses to try and hide our own failings. We need to concentrate on ourselves, not them, and improve quickly.

Of course it remains to be seen what the Tims do in the transfer market, but they really aren't a very good team at all. Defence is poor, little depth up front, Nakamura flatters to deceive, and if they have some bad results the fans will turn on Strachan again.

They're no great shakes. Although so much better than us of course. Basically I don't think the league is out of sight, we only have the SPL now and if we keep our concentration we should be able to use the lack of European games to our advantage. They'll surely drop points.

At Celtic Park I just don't see us doing anything though :anguish:

Of course it remains to be seen what the Tims do in the transfer market, but hey really aren't a very good team at all. Defence is poor, little depth up front, Nakamura flatters to deceive, and if they have some bad results the fans will turn on Strachan again.

They're no great shakes. Although so much better than us of course. Basically I don't think the league is out of site, we only have the SPL now and if we keep our concentration we should be able to use the lack of European games to our advantage. They'll surely drop points.

At Celtic Park I just don't see us doing anything though :anguish:

I just feel 1st 4 games is allot of pressure on wally and co.

Papaguy makes a good point re. set pieces. Apparently they're re-signing Maloney. That means that in their squad they'll have at least 3 dead ball experts - Maloney, Dog-muncher and Robson.

They're capable of squeezing out results purely from free-kicks - e.g. Nakamura (against St Mirren I think?) at the end of last season. With fairies like McDonald, Nakamura and McGeady falling over in and around the box all the time, they're going to reap the benefits.

We don't have anyone who can take a decent free kick and it could end up costing us. Arguably it did last season.

Papaguy makes a good point re. set pieces. Apparently they're re-signing Maloney. That means that in their squad they'll have at least 3 dead ball experts - Maloney, Dog-muncher and Robson.

They're capable of squeezing out results purely from free-kicks - e.g. Nakamura (against St Mirren I think?) at the end of last season. With fairies like McDonald, Nakamura and McGeady falling over in and around the box all the time, they're going to reap the benefits.

We don't have anyone who can take a decent free kick and it could end up costing us. Arguably it did last season.

good point that adds to the gloom but its very true

aye they have got a midfield that knows how to play a pass and can take freekicks and corners that can get by the first man

i laughed my head aff when they got that robson but turned out to be a good bit of buisness maybe adam should watch him for a while