Furman - Our Lampard

papaguy51

Good. Maybe Furman our Lampard will actually get a go at things now.

Now, consider this.

I've been moaning for weeks about how Celtic are about to sign the understudy of (IMO) the best player in the world, Xavi Hernandez of Barca, assuming it actually goes through.

I've been all Mr Doom and Gloom about it, probably boring the pants off half of you. But I read that snippet from Stardog this morning and it's gave me hope!

In our reserves we have the understudy of Frank Lampard in young Furman. He'd been at Chelsea longer than Frank and had trained with him for years. A runner beyound our strikers? Could he well be the answer to our problem?

I wonder if Walter will turn a blind eye to yet another excellent young talent, he could save us £3mil in the transfer market.

Scott Durie told me that Furman doesn't have much pace but he's got very good technical ability... Lampard anyone?

Papaguy, I think you may be right :).

He can't be any slower than the rest of our midfield.

I always worry about hyping up a young player too much. Few of them even get a chance and now we're saying this guy should be a Rangers Lampard. If he isn't after three games do we expect loads of supporters will tell him he's shite and should eff off?

Scott Durie told me that Furman doesn't have much pace but he's got very good technical ability... Lampard anyone?

Dailly is rapid byraway.

Pace means nothing if you have good movement.

This guy should have been involved in our first team more regularly long before now. He's 20 FFS, how long are they going to hold him back for ?!

Is he worse than Adam ? Is he worse than McCulloch in a central midfield role ? Is he worse than Dailly in a central midfield role ? I would guess.........no f*cking way ! So get him in the team Walter......now !!

There is no harm in giving the lad a chance but from what i have seen he isn't going to make it at Rangers. I know this is an unpopular oppinion but i haven't seen anything from that lad, either in the reserves or the first team which suggests to me he has the presence and composure that a central midfielder at Rangers needs.

He certainly doesn't have that instinct of being in the best positions when needed that Lampard has mastered and doesn't get forward nearly enough. If anything he is a younger Thomson in my oppinion.

I always worry about hyping up a young player too much. Few of them even get a chance and now we're saying this guy should be a Rangers Lampard. If he isn't after three games do we expect loads of supporters will tell him he's shite and should eff off?

The thing is PB, if he's worse than Dailly, McCulloch or Adam at 20, there's no way we should be keeping him.

I agree on our fans with youngsters, we possibly have the worst set of fans available in terms of giving chances to young players.

It's pretty positive here on RMedia, but at Ibrox it's totally different.

he added me on msn, Seems like a sound enough guy. Think i added him on bebo, when his bebo was in the sun for having BJK on it or something? Or 1690 No Surrender..

My mate met Furman and a few of the other lads 2 weeks ago and one of the boys (Elmslie or Shinnie) was winding Dean up saying he was the gaffers "bum boy"! So maybe Walter does like him? (cue the witty replies .....)

Smith will never play him in my opinion!

Wattie always stonewalls players like this hoping he will go away of his own accord ! :sherlock:

I don't see the harm in Furman and Fleck getting a chance, but if Walter wouldn't play then in pre-season I canny see him doing it in competitive games!

regardless of age, if a player is good enough then he will play, rooney, owen, walcott..........to anme a few, at 20 its that time whereby if hes good enough he will play, i honestly dnt think he can be any worse than adam, lm, daily....

not seen much of him, 1st time was the liverpool game last week, and he was chasing shadows.....!!! i honestly dnt think he is the answer, but time will tell.......

There is no harm in giving the lad a chance but from what i have seen he isn't going to make it at Rangers. I know this is an unpopular oppinion but i haven't seen anything from that lad, either in the reserves or the first team which suggests to me he has the presence and composure that a central midfielder at Rangers needs.

He certainly doesn't have that instinct of being in the best positions when needed that Lampard has mastered and doesn't get forward nearly enough. If anything he is a younger Thomson in my oppinion.

I guess you never seen the Motherwell game at Ibrox when the boy played?

regardless of age, if a player is good enough then he will play, rooney, owen, walcott..........to anme a few, at 20 its that time whereby if hes good enough he will play, i honestly dnt think he can be any worse than adam, lm, daily....

not seen much of him, 1st time was the liverpool game last week, and he was chasing shadows.....!!! i honestly dnt think he is the answer, but time will tell.......

We know that under Walter, the 'good enough / old enough' theory doesn't apply.

John Fleck IS better than Charlie Adam and Lee McCulloch. Doesn't play though, simply because Walter thinks he's too young.

And to use that Liverpool game as an example is ridiculous. If Furman was chasing shadows, he was the only one fucking moving!

No excuse for not putting Furman in. He looked good last season when he came in against Motherwell.

Even if Wattie wants to think of it as temporarily dropping one of his gay lovers from midfield due to the Kaunas result. Maybe that'll stop him getting a nosebleed.

We know that under Walter, the 'good enough / old enough' theory doesn't apply.

John Fleck IS better than Charlie Adam and Lee McCulloch. Doesn't play though, simply because Walter thinks he's too young.

And to use that Liverpool game as an example is ridiculous. If Furman was chasing shadows, he was the only one fucking moving!

nothign wrong with tryig to protect the boy if thats the case, we should see more of him this year hopefully...........

granted, he showed plenty of effort chasig the ball, but we also need some one who will show a bit of composure and pick out a pass!!! the young boy was nervous and looking to get rid of ball stright away...!!! granted, its liverpool - he would get more time playing against the likes of st mirren, and accies - as i said, it was one game, bring him in and give him a shot, im all for that!!!!!!! good luck to the boy, but bringing in the youngsters is not the answer to our problems!!!!! its just my opinion big chap :)

I guess you never seen the Motherwell game at Ibrox when the boy played?

No i don't go to the games. doh

I had already said that i was basing my oppinion on his performances in both the reserves AND the first team. Yes i seen him against Motherwell and Dundee United. What is your point? If you are disagreeing with me why not just say so?