• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is some info from Toronto FC's website:

MLS Experience

2007: Edu was named the Gatorade MLS Rookie of the Year. He made his MLS debut 4/25 at Kansas City after missing first few games and entire preseason with injury. Edu started 25 of 25 games and scored 4 goals, his first MLS goal was on 5/12 vs. Chicago. He earned first caps with the US National Team against Switzerland in October and South Africa in November.

College

A first team NSCAA All-American and Hermann Trophy semifinalist in 2006….started 55 games in 3 seasons helping the Terps to a national championship in 2005….and NCAA semifinal appearance in 2004, and a appearance in the NCAA Sweet Sixteen in 2006….considered mainly a defensive midfielder, scored 10 goals and added 11 assists in his career….in final season – recorded 5 game winning goals….

My personal thoughts is that if you were going to pick one player out of the MLS, this would be him and I am quite happy with the prospect. He is a young star in the making in my opinion. If we signed him to a long term contract and stuck with him he has the physical and technical abilities to become quite something. I am impressed that we even had the insight to get this guy.

Any one really no anything about the guy Edu????

says on his website hes a cover guy for fifa soccer 09. that tells me all i need to know about his quality! :D

I watch all the Toronto games,and to be honest I'm not too impressed by Edu (so far),I would much rather we signed their right back (greased lightening)

Marvel Wynne,best player on their team IMO.and just what we need right now. (tu)

says on his website hes a cover guy for fifa soccer 09. that tells me all i need to know about his quality! :D

I watch all the Toronto games,and to be honest I'm not too impressed by Edu (so far),I would much rather we signed their right back (greased lightening)

Marvel Wynne,best player on their team IMO.and just what we need right now. (tu)

Wynne isn't bad. I think Edu has far more potential though.

Wynne isn't bad. I think Edu has far more potential though.

To each his own CR, and I think besides Wynne that young Abdus Ibrahim(17 today) may have the most potential of them all. (tu)

To each his own CR, and I think besides Wynne that young Abdus Ibrahim(17 today) may have the most potential of them all. (tu)

How much has Wynne improved technically? He was an athletic beast with New York, but made way too many panic clears in the back.

How much has Wynne improved technically? He was an athletic beast with New York, but made way too many panic clears in the back.

As quick a full back I ever seen,technically sound,can shut a winger down in a flash,and can carry the ball end to end.I'd have him at Ibrox no problem. (tu)

Something is wrong here.

Aaron---excellent player

Mendes--excellent player

edu- excellent player

Beriscono--excellent player.

canny have 4 on the bench.....think Walter will drop McCulloch,Adam and Novo tomorrow and start with

-------------------McGregor---------------

Whitty-------Bambi---Bogherra--------Papac

Aaron-----Mendes----------Thommo------Beasley

--------------Miller-------Lafferty

Better than last week i'd say...........could do with getting rid of Whitty and Bambi but hey that will come i think

Something is wrong here.

Aaron---excellent player

Mendes--excellent player

edu- excellent player

Beriscono--excellent player.

canny have 4 on the bench.....think Walter will drop McCulloch,Adam and Novo tomorrow and start with

-------------------McGregor---------------

Whitty-------Bambi---Bogherra--------Papac

Aaron-----Mendes----------Thommo------Beasley

--------------Miller-------Lafferty

Better than last week i'd say...........could do with getting rid of Whitty and Bambi but hey that will come i think

In Walter Smith's interview he said that Aaron is not ready for tomorrow mate (tu)