broadfoot or weir

i think old kirky boy should be instead of auld davy.

1. he has youth on his side,

2. last week at falkirk he didnt put a foot wrong

3. looks like he has a gd understanding with bougherra.

4. weir is 38 he cant continue to play at the top level

5. the weir cuellar partnership is no longer.

what u guys think

i'd like broadfoot because he had done a job for us at center back , but walter won't drop weir as he's captain.

I agree. Its a unfair to be honest, as Broadfoot will lose less goals than Weir will, but again Walter's jobs for the boys comes out again.

Amazing on how opinons have changed .. people now saying Broadfoot should play.

Thats simply because of a lack of options.

Weir. 38, slow and past it

Dailly. 35, slow and past it

Webster. Body of a 38 year old, slow and past it.

Broadfoot is probably the best of a bad bunch. And I don't mean that as a compliment.

Weir is past it. He's been dreadful the last few times he's played. He also makes us sit too far back to make up for his lack of pace.

I would definitely have Broadfoot in there instead.

But Weir's captain and will be starting.

My Team For Moro :D

-----------------McGregor ( C )

Whitaker Bougherra Broadfoot Papac

-----------Mendes-----Thomson

Aaron-------------------------Beasley/Novo

-----------Boyd---------Lafferty/Velicka/Miller

:D :D :D :D

I dont trust Broadfoot, he's a good back up but he should remain on the bench. I would play Davie, he had an amazing season last year and I think he just needs a few games under him.

But i'm not saying Weir is perfect, far from it, and I would like to see a new CB before the end of the transfer window.

My Team For Moro :D

-----------------McGregor ( C )

Whitaker Bougherra Broadfoot Papac

-----------Mendes-----Thomson

Aaron-------------------------Beasley/Novo

-----------Boyd---------Lafferty/Velicka/Miller

:D :D :D :D

novo suspended

I would rather see Broadfoot but only if he stops backing off so much, I feel that he invites players to run at him instead of closing down the space. He is a better player than he is given credit for but I still dont think that he is the long term answer.

funny how everyone says now....they wernt saying this before the Falkirk game last week....

I have always said....always that he has the potential when he puts the work in to be good for us...he will be the most improved player of the year this year.....the papac award lol

he should always start before weir....Weir has lost it

I want to see Broadfoot play!

A lot of the critism he got last year was shocking...he didnt ask to play RB he was doing what he was told by Smith.

He is never a right back and if you had to put someone like Weir or Cuellar at RB i think they would have struggled to get up and down the park the way broadfoot did!

He deserves his chance at CB and so far he has done very well!

I would rather see Broadfoot but only if he stops backing off so much, I feel that he invites players to run at him instead of closing down the space. He is a better player than he is given credit for but I still dont think that he is the long term answer.

Thats basic defending mate!

Broadfoot is quite slow so has to stand off him...

If he got tight on the player, if the player gets past him Broadfoot wouldnt catch him. So he stands off and waits on the striker to move then tackles him!

Hes a good defender and reads the game well!

Guest Andypendek

Make or break for big Kirk. If he gets a run and gets some confidence, I think he'll be a useful enough player for the next 3-4 years, in the mould of a Davie McPherson - not brilliant but effective, while making occassional howlers. If he screws up the fans will crucify him, if he's dropped and a new CB comes in I wonder how he'll get back into the side?

If that's not an incentive to concentrate I don't know what is. Good luck big man!