This seasons formation

bluenosedavie

seasons formation  

116 members have voted

1. 1. what would be your preferred formation for the season?

• 4-5-1
    • 4-4-2
    • 4-3-3
    • 4-1-3-2
    • 4-2-3-1

I wouldn't mind a 4-5-1 being used again because we seem to be bringing in the right players in midfield.

McShagger

Whittaker - Magic - (new CB) - Papac

------------- Thomson - Edu ------------

Davis ------ Mendes ------- Aaron

---------------Boyd --------------

:unionflag:

Looking at the players we are bringing in hard working players like Edu, Mendes, Davis & with us already having Thomson I think there is a real chance we might adopt a 4-4-2 with Thomson playing on the left and Aaron starting on the right, but having more of a free role ala Laudrup.

Ideally i'd love to see a 4-4-2 diamond... Unfortunately we don't have the fullbacks required to play it effectively. :(

---------Edu---------

Thomson-----Davis

-------Mendes-------

So i'll just go with the bog standard 4-4-2

------------Shagger

Whit---Boughy---Weir---Papac

Novo--Davis--Mendes--Beasley

--------Miller----Velicka---------

4-4-2 for me, we are only playing SPL football, we now have a squad capable of playing that formation in a very attacking manner.

Although glad i don't have to pick the midfield.

4-1-3-2

--------------------McGregor--------------------

---Whitaker----Bougherra----Weir---Papac---

-----------------------Edu------------------------

------Davis---------Mendes---------Aaron/Beasley

--------------Velicka-------Lafferty------------

I went 4-3-3, because i think the wide players that we have are suited to playing further forward and i dont want to see central midfielders forced into playing wide in a 4-4-2. The best we played last season was when we played this way with Burke, Cousin and Naismith up front. This season I would like to see Lafferty through the middle with any of Beasley, Novo, Miller, Aaron, Fleck (Naismith and Burke when back from injury) out wide.

My team would be,

---------------------McGregor-----------------------

Whitaker-----Bougherra-----New CB--------Papac

-----------Davis------Mendes-----Thomson--------

--------Aaron------Lafferty--------Beasley---------

Would get rid of G. Smith, Dailly, Weir, McCulloch, Hemdani, Gow, JCD, Cousin, Broadfoot, Boyd, Velicka, Miller.

Would loan out Webster for half a season, I think he would do well alongside Bougherra but only if he can stay fit during his loan and play 20 odd games if not get rid.

Keep Adam because i think three in midfield formation would suit him but if he does'nt impress get rid at end of season.

Finally i would bring in Fletcher from Hibs to replace the forwards we get rid of, I think he would be the ideal central striker in this formation he can do everthing Boyd can do plus he can link up play with the midfield, Jump and has great mobility.