Our Anglo-Yank Partnership.

OrangeBurn

Since the signing of Mo Edu, there has been a influx of American "Soccer" fans on the Rangers forums.

I think, with this one signing our Reputation has already increased within the USA, and with Celtics disgraceful IRA chants during the 9/11 minutes silence, we have now got a stong foothold in America, and I think it would be good to continue this by taking Edu, Beasley and the team over to America next year for Pre-season.

Thoughts?

Since the signing of Mo Edu, there has been a influx of American "Soccer" fans on the Rangers forums.

I think, with this one signing our Reputation has already increased within the USA, and with Celtics disgraceful IRA chants during the 9/11 minutes silence, we have now got a stong foothold in America, and I think it would be good to continue this by taking Edu, Beasley and the team over to America next year for Pre-season.

Thoughts?

Totally agree, the good ol USA is a massive market, that is just waiting for the Gers!!

I would be absolutely ecstatic if we were the opponents for the MLS All Stars next year.

Its worth noting that the lowest ever All Star game attendance was recorded when they came to town. :rolleyes:

Don't think we should attempt to exploit the American market because teams like Man yoo n chelsea are miles ahead , we should be trying to discover an untapped market we can have all to ourselves

theres alot of America to go around lol.

I would be absolutely ecstatic if we were the opponents for the MLS All Stars next year.

Its worth noting that the lowest ever All Star game attendance was recorded when they came to town. :rolleyes:

are you sure ? David Beckham attended that match. Surely they would have went to see if they could see him ?

It would also be wise for Rangers to try and partner up with an MLS side kind of like what Arsenal and Colorado Rapids did. Rangers should also start sending their youth side to the Dallas Cup which is probably the biggest youth tournament in the US where big clubs from all over the world like Real Madrid and Liverpool compete.

One of the biggest problems is that JJB will not sell bulk to US stores. The soccer shop on I Drive in Orlando has been trying to get stock for a few years now with no success. It's a real piss off when you walk in and see the filths stuff there but not ours.

One of the biggest problems is that JJB will not sell bulk to US stores. The soccer shop on I Drive in Orlando has been trying to get stock for a few years now with no success. It's a real piss off when you walk in and see the filths stuff there but not ours.

Agree...that needs to change :angry2:

went to a soccer shop today to get new football boots and they had everything. New Chelsea strip for $70, vapours, F50's but the Celtic strip was there :mad: we need to get our act together

Thoughts?

Totally agree, the good ol USA is a massive market, that is just waiting for the Gers!!

Absolutely, just stay away from Boston :ph34r:

We should tap into places of big Scottish influences like Canada and the mid west and Southern states of the US...

Plus N.American bears should start recruiting now by taking their buddies to watch games and get them into the Rangers way of thinking.

would e loved to see on cover of FIFA 09 in States with the Gers top on the tims would be gutted and the exposure would be great

Do you think he will be a Rangers player in it?

If so then thats big exposure :unionflag:

we should have been exploring these markets about five years ago. Celti have been playing up 2 the plastic paddy brigade in america for years. almost of all their games are played in new york & boston. we should be going into the US and Canada and bring in some much-needed revenue.

Murray & bain r always moaning about the premiership cash why don't they get off their arse and start looking at ways (like this) of bringin in more cash into the club

Thoughts?

I am really happy with the US link...they train their players to be real athletes and our Monster Munch Bunch could learn a thing or two from them....also the US go for it and their never say die spirit is something we can do with learning from in Scotland